Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

43 Pages«<2930313233>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
delois62  
#601 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 8:11:19 AM(UTC)
delois62

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PwCNYC Go to Quoted Post
I’m seeing a lot of ppl getting TO who interviews on or after 6/15.... anyone who applied to east coast POD and interviewed on 6/9 have you heard anything?

I interviewed on the 9th, haven’t heard a thing
thanks 2 users thanked delois62 for this useful post.
Lexipooh on 7/23/2021(UTC), Grace*3 on 7/23/2021(UTC)
whoanotcool  
#602 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 8:21:22 AM(UTC)
whoanotcool

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RK Go to Quoted Post
Socal, No vet, External, Interviewed on June 3, received FIRM OFFER from my 3rd choice July 22nd with only 3 days to accept. My starting date for this POD is August 8/16.

I think I will accept it because i am not sure when i will hear back from my first or second choice.
I am not sure if accepting it will automatically kick me off from being considered for my first and second choice though!
Does anybody know?

I think you will not be considered for the others. You could see if HR could give you any advice on the other PODs.

You can also accept your third choice and then apply for your first choice when they post FY22 announcements.
thanks 1 user thanked whoanotcool for this useful post.
RK on 7/23/2021(UTC)
LGIR627  
#603 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 11:40:36 AM(UTC)
LGIR627

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Has anyone who has received an offer applied for a POD on the east coast and/or southeast? Wondering if the offers are going out by location
sbalto  
#604 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 12:17:30 PM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LGIR627 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone who has received an offer applied for a POD on the east coast and/or southeast? Wondering if the offers are going out by location

Baltimore,MD
gagem025  
#605 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 12:39:11 PM(UTC)
gagem025

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi, I applied in Georgia and received my TO around noon today.
Grace*3  
#606 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 6:24:08 PM(UTC)
Grace*3

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I’m seeing a lot of ppl getting TO who interviews on or after 6/15.... anyone who applied to east coast POD and interviewed on 6/9 have you heard anything?

I interviewed on June 9. I haven't heard anything. I'm holding on to hope.
thanks 1 user thanked Grace*3 for this useful post.
Lexipooh on 7/23/2021(UTC)
tsukiaa  
#607 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 8:22:10 PM(UTC)
tsukiaa

DC.
delois62  
#608 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 6:44:52 PM(UTC)
delois62

Originally Posted by: Grace*3 Go to Quoted Post

I interviewed on June 9. I haven't heard anything. I'm holding on to hope.

Me too!!
ahahahah2  
#609 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 4:44:24 PM(UTC)
ahahahah2

I received a TO on Friday and interviewed 6/17. Hoping you all hear good news soon and congrats to everyone who has heard back!

So my offer letter says I'm getting GS-09 Step 1, but that's a huge pay cut from my current job (I'm external).
My question is how do we go about negotiating an increase? I've read you can negotiate the steps and not the levels and could also negotiate the vacation accrual too. Do we need to accept the TO first and then email HR? And who in HR do I contact? This is all new to me so just not sure the details and how to go about it. Apologies if I missed this somewhere in an earlier thread.
goldscca  
#610 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 2:52:24 AM(UTC)
goldscca

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ahahahah2 Go to Quoted Post
I received a TO on Friday and interviewed 6/17. Hoping you all hear good news soon and congrats to everyone who has heard back!

So my offer letter says I'm getting GS-09 Step 1, but that's a huge pay cut from my current job (I'm external).
My question is how do we go about negotiating an increase? I've read you can negotiate the steps and not the levels and could also negotiate the vacation accrual too. Do we need to accept the TO first and then email HR? And who in HR do I contact? This is all new to me so just not sure the details and how to go about it. Apologies if I missed this somewhere in an earlier thread.

It's my understanding that externals are not able to negotiate pay increase. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to try, just know its unlikely to happen. I would let the person who sends you your FO know you would like to negotiate a pay increase before accepting.
thanks 1 user thanked goldscca for this useful post.
ahahahah2 on 7/26/2021(UTC)
LGIR627  
#611 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 1:21:00 PM(UTC)
LGIR627

United States

Have you found out any info about this? I'm in the same boat - external applicant offered an amount significantly less than my previous employer.
LGIR627  
#612 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 1:23:45 PM(UTC)
LGIR627

United States

I just received my TO. My panel interview was 6/7. I gave up hope the last week or two seeing all the other folks getting offers. Checked my email afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to see the offer! Start date is 9/13.
delois62  
#613 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 2:10:22 PM(UTC)
delois62

I just received my TO. My panel interview was 6/7. I gave up hope the last week or two seeing all the other folks getting offers. Checked my email afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to see the offer! Start date is 9/13.

Congrats!! Still waiting to hear anything.
ahahahah2  
#614 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 2:23:20 PM(UTC)
ahahahah2

Have you found out any info about this? I'm in the same boat - external applicant offered an amount significantly less than my previous employer.

Sorry I have not. I just emailed HR about it today and will let you know if I hear back. It seems like I only have 3 days to accept the TO so I'm also nervous if I need to negotiate before accepting or if I can just accept and then negotiate. Have you accepted the TO already?
LGIR627  
#615 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 3:42:30 PM(UTC)
LGIR627

United States

Sorry I have not. I just emailed HR about it today and will let you know if I hear back. It seems like I only have 3 days to accept the TO so I'm also nervous if I need to negotiate before accepting or if I can just accept and then negotiate. Have you accepted the TO already?

Yes, I did accept the TO. I noticed the TO had some language indicating the FO would include any salary adjustments. I also wasn't sure how long it would take to get a response from HR about the potential increase (I emailed the contact provided in the TO). I'll report back if/when I hear something.
thanks 1 user thanked LGIR627 for this useful post.
gagem025 on 7/26/2021(UTC)
ReroReroRero  
#616 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 4:13:34 PM(UTC)
ReroReroRero

United States

What’s the likelihood of getting my TO revoked due to budget cuts? I don’t think there’s any issue with my background. Start date is 9/13.
LGIR627  
#617 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 5:14:33 PM(UTC)
LGIR627

United States

Also, when should we (roughly) expect a FO if the start date is 9/13?

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting a TO but not a FO? I have several other potential opportunities that I am juggling, but the IRS is my top choice. I expect to receive the other offers before the IRS sends the FO, so I guess I will have to decline them. I would hate to turn down everything else and not get a FO, though.
Papoose79  
#618 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 11:03:18 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)

Vacation is based on time in service, so unless you have other Federal time somewhere you're not getting a change with that!

As for the pay, you can submit your current pay stubs along with how the lesser pay is a hardship and you "MIGHT" get more steps, but they don't have to give it to you. Furthermore keep in mind after 1 year you will make GS11 automatically with step increases annually until you promote to a higher GS grade.
Papoose79  
#619 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 11:06:53 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Also, when should we (roughly) expect a FO if the start date is 9/13?

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting a TO but not a FO? I have several other potential opportunities that I am juggling, but the IRS is my top choice. I expect to receive the other offers before the IRS sends the FO, so I guess I will have to decline them. I would hate to turn down everything else and not get a FO, though.

If you got a TO you can assume you're in. It may not come until the 2 wks before the start date. Just contact the HR person for confirmation and expect that FO around on or after 8/13.
PwCNYC  
#620 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 12:30:28 PM(UTC)
PwCNYC

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Interviewed on 6/9 felt I had a great interview and great resume. Have not heard back yet. Do I give up hope or is there a chance still?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed