Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

51 Pages«<4748495051>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Grace*3  
#961 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 2:01:34 PM(UTC)
Grace*3

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Grace*3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PwCNYC Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone else get a "non selected from the IRS today for vacancy 21PHI-SBX0316-0512-5T12? I got my TO, did all my onboarding and got my SQA approved and then i got one of these emails....

I would be heartbroken to get that far and get a non select email after the fact. I know the TO is tentative and can be withdrawn if something is found to be unfavorable. At least that's what's written in the TO. I hope you get answers sooner than later.

BTW what is SQA?

Also I remember you asking about a "tax check" in a past forum post, did you receive any answers from your HR person about that?

Either way hope you get answers.
AHT86  
#962 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 6:34:45 AM(UTC)
AHT86

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: delois62 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AHT86 Go to Quoted Post
My EOD was pushed back to December 6th.

Mine was also pushed back to December 6th. I got the e-QIP today and just finished it but still waiting for FO...

I'm still waiting to fingerprint and e-QIP. Was your original date November 7th? Your FO should come soon!

I emailed the e-QIP team and a few days later I got the e-QIP invite (Oct 25), submitted the e-QIP yesterday (Oct 26) and just got the FO this morning. A little worry because the offer says if budget/hiring plan changes, they may rescind the offer. With my start date pushed back to Dec 6th, I don't know if the debt ceiling issue (Dec 3) will affect my offer...this has been a roller coaster ride in every stage...sigh
Rfts81  
#963 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 6:40:17 AM(UTC)
Rfts81

United States

Did anyone else get a "non selected from the IRS today for vacancy 21PHI-SBX0316-0512-5T12? I got my TO, did all my onboarding and got my SQA approved and then i got one of these emails....

I received this email and I’ve already started working as an agent so hopefully that means they accidentally sent them out. Especially if you already have a TO
delois62  
#964 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 6:44:41 AM(UTC)
delois62

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)
My EOD was pushed back to December 6th.

Mine was also pushed back to December 6th. I got the e-QIP today and just finished it but still waiting for FO...

I'm still waiting to fingerprint and e-QIP. Was your original date November 7th? Your FO should come soon!

I emailed the e-QIP team and a few days later I got the e-QIP invite (Oct 25), submitted the e-QIP yesterday (Oct 26) and just got the FO this morning. A little worry because the offer says if budget/hiring plan changes, they may rescind the offer. With my start date pushed back to Dec 6th, I don't know if the debt ceiling issue (Dec 3) will affect my offer...this has been a roller coaster ride in every stage...sigh

I emailed the e-QIP team and I was told my case is "processing", I guess HR hasn't sent them all my information. I read that part in the TO too and I really hope that is not the case. But I'm thinking these positions probably in the FY2021 budget? hoping....

Grace*3  
#965 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 12:20:55 PM(UTC)
Grace*3

United States

Originally Posted by: Rfts81 Go to Quoted Post

I received this email and I’ve already started working as an agent so hopefully that means they accidentally sent them out. Especially if you already have a TO

I just received the email for non-select, but looking closely, it appears to be for the grade I wasn't selected for. When I originally applied I applied for both 11 and 12. I was hired for 1 of the grades and I guess this is the email for the Grade I wasn't selected for.
Sunshine56  
#966 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 10:34:39 AM(UTC)
Sunshine56

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I applied for an RA position with the SBSE and received a FO.

The position I applied for is in a larger city where cost of living is high, and I was hoping to live in another area due to the telework/remote work possiblity. Hopefully being able to live around 150-175 miles from the PoD office.

Can anyone advise on how often they need to go into the office if telework is allowed?

Thanks,
whoanotcool  
#967 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 11:15:05 AM(UTC)
whoanotcool

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 21 post(s)
As a new hire, you might have to go in daily depending on COVID. Generally after training, you will be required to go into the office or the field twice a pay period. It is possible that field visits would be in the opposite direction of your home, making the distance further. You may find that distance to be unmanageable.
thanks 2 users thanked whoanotcool for this useful post.
AHT86 on 10/28/2021(UTC), Sunshine56 on 10/28/2021(UTC)
Sunshine56  
#968 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 11:20:06 AM(UTC)
Sunshine56

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: whoanotcool Go to Quoted Post
As a new hire, you might have to go in daily depending on COVID. Generally after training, you will be required to go into the office or the field twice a pay period. It is possible that field visits would be in the opposite direction of your home, making the distance further. You may find that distance to be unmanageable.

So, even though we are "allowed" to live within "x" miles, that doesn't really matter if we need to go in that often.

Well thanks for the input. I put a question in to the Business Unit to see the frequency to be in office. If it's once a week I can make that work...
AHT86  
#969 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 11:21:09 AM(UTC)
AHT86

United States

I completed my e-QIP and received the FO 2 days later. When I tried to log in the account to check status, the system said the e-QIP account does not exist. I saved the receipts of all the signed forms so I think it's ok. Just wonder how do we check for status of e-QIP?
whoanotcool  
#970 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 11:48:06 AM(UTC)
whoanotcool

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sunshine56 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: whoanotcool Go to Quoted Post

So, even though we are "allowed" to live within "x" miles, that doesn't really matter if we need to go in that often.

Well thanks for the input. I put a question in to the Business Unit to see the frequency to be in office. If it's once a week I can make that work...

From what I understand, new hires used to go in and were eligible for telework after 12-18 months. That being said, I started in February and only go in the office on occasion to pick up mail. Because of COVID, we are not doing many field visits.

Are their PODs closer to where you want to live?
Sunshine56  
#971 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 11:52:49 AM(UTC)
Sunshine56

Man
United States

Looks like there are closer PoDs, but I'm not sure how I could change the reporting location...?

delois62  
#972 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 12:32:46 PM(UTC)
delois62

I completed my e-QIP and received the FO 2 days later. When I tried to log in the account to check status, the system said the e-QIP account does not exist. I saved the receipts of all the signed forms so I think it's ok. Just wonder how do we check for status of e-QIP?

Try hco.ps.applicant.eqip@irs.gov
Sunshine56  
#973 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 12:40:53 PM(UTC)
Sunshine56

Man
United States

Looks like there are closer PoDs, but I'm not sure how I could change the reporting location...?

Grace*3  
#974 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 4:53:48 PM(UTC)
Grace*3

United States

Originally Posted by: Sunshine56 Go to Quoted Post

Is it possible to ask your HR Sponsor? They may be able to make a transfer if there are slots open for a closer POD.
Grace*3  
#975 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 6:28:06 AM(UTC)
Grace*3

United States

I received my equipment today. I start 11/8. UPS delivered it this morning. If you are starting 11/8, I would be on the lookout.

I knew it would be coming soon; however, I wasn't sure how I would be notified.

Please note, they dropped the equipment off and left. Good thing my Ring told me someone was at the door and I was able to get my son to get it.
thanks 1 user thanked Grace*3 for this useful post.
AHT86 on 10/29/2021(UTC)
delois62  
#976 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 6:53:20 AM(UTC)
delois62

I received my equipment today. I start 11/8. UPS delivered it this morning. If you are starting 11/8, I would be on the lookout.

Please note, they dropped the equipment off and left. Good thing my Ring told me someone was at the door and I was able to get my son to get it.

It is great! I hope I will be hearing something soon.
sbalto  
#977 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 8:28:51 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)

They did me the same way just dropped it off with no notification, required signature and it was pouring down raining. Thank goodness I just happened to check my mail and noticed it before any damage. I don’t have ring lol
Grace*3  
#978 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 8:40:58 AM(UTC)
Grace*3

United States

Originally Posted by: sbalto Go to Quoted Post

They did me the same way just dropped it off with no notification, required signature and it was pouring down raining. Thank goodness I just happened to check my mail and noticed it before any damage. I don’t have ring lol

Are you hard wired to your modem/router? Did you receive instructions to put it together? I don't even have an ID. At my current job, my ID gives me access to the equipment.
sbalto  
#979 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 8:52:02 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sbalto Go to Quoted Post

Are you hard wired to your modem/router? Did you receive instructions to put it together? I don't even have an ID. At my current job, my ID gives me access to the equipment.

Mines is wireless. I guess the Ethernet cord is for precaution if not wireless. I don’t have ID/smart card they have another way for us to sign in
thanks 1 user thanked sbalto for this useful post.
Grace*3 on 10/29/2021(UTC)
Defense11  
#980 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 2:55:25 PM(UTC)

For those still waiting on equipment, sign up for alerts with UPS, that way you will have a tracking number.

I received a text alert basically saying "a package is arriving from the IRS"

My tracking number even showed me where the UPS truck was located on the map the day of delivery.

https://www.ups.com/us/e...s/tracking/mychoice.page

Edited by user Friday, October 29, 2021 4:06:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
Grace*3 on 10/29/2021(UTC), AHT86 on 11/1/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed