Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nefan12  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 4:30:38 AM(UTC)
nefan12

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Hi, first-time poster here. I recently graduated from college and have been applying to the FSA Program Tech and FSA County Operations Trainee positions. I am surprised at just how many of the positions have been posted on USAJobs. Is this typical? If so, is it because the prior Program Tech moved up or moved out?
bpessel  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:47:49 AM(UTC)
bpessel

United States

Not sure what area you are looking at, but in Texas, Its because of new COVID programs to help farmers. Offices are understaffed. Most are temp positions tho... Let me clarify, the PT would mostly be for temp positions, not the COT. That would most likely be from so many upcoming retirements in that state.
nefan12  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:01:20 AM(UTC)
nefan12

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: bpessel Go to Quoted Post
Not sure what area you are looking at, but in Texas, Its because of new COVID programs to help farmers. Offices are understaffed. Most are temp positions tho... Let me clarify, the PT would mostly be for temp positions, not the COT. That would most likely be from so many upcoming retirements in that state.

Thanks for the reply! I am not limiting myself to any one state or region. I have filled out applications to every PT and COT position that has been posted to USAJobs since mid-March. As of right now, that is about 200 applications.

The understaffed reasoning makes sense. That was what I originally thought, but wanted to see if there may be a different reason.

Edited by user Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:01:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed