Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Go to last post Go to first unread
RA Hopeful  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:15:24 PM(UTC)
RA Hopeful

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/25/2019(UTC)
Posts: 11
United States
Location: Kansas City

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I had 2 interviews for a recent grad position with the GSA. I felt the interviews went really well. The GSA position is my top choice of several positions I applied for. The next week, I received a TO from a different agency. I contacted the hiring manager from GSA to see if they have made a selection because I prefer that position. The hiring manager stated that I was selected for that position as well but they are waiting for funding approval from their national office on funding due to COVID19. Is has been a couple weeks now and no TO from GSA. Has anyone else been told that they are waiting on funding approval to make hires?
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:27:18 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/9/2011(UTC)
Posts: 895

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 122 post(s)
It's really not an issue either way. Accept the job from the other agency and then put in notice when GSA comes back with a final notice. Who knows when or even if GSA will ever come up with the funding. This is not the private industry; it's not a secret that everyone is always looking for better opportunities and/or promotions in federal service.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.200 seconds.