Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DetroitDogDodger  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:04:54 PM(UTC)
DetroitDogDodger

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I can no longer justify paying union dues. In Denver we are being forced to work 7 days a week keep in mind I am not on the OTDL not even on work assignment. When speaking to our union they say follow instructions BLAH BLAH BLAH and we will fill a grievance. Don't care about the đź’°. Our union is a joke they do nothing for us. SO WEAK!!!!
DetroitDogDodger  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:09:04 PM(UTC)
DetroitDogDodger

Man
United States

Also when I say 7 days a week we are being forced to go to a station that I am not assigned to on Sundays and deliver Amazon for multiple areas/zip codes
Roger.D  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:09:10 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Was thanked: 963 time(s) in 743 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DetroitDogDodger Go to Quoted Post
I can no longer justify paying union dues. In Denver we are being forced to work 7 days a week keep in mind I am not on the OTDL not even on work assignment. When speaking to our union they say follow instructions BLAH BLAH BLAH and we will fill a grievance. Don't care about the đź’°. Our union is a joke they do nothing for us. SO WEAK!!!!

See your MD for a restrictions wavier.

You should be able to find the form to drop the union dues on your own.
DetroitDogDodger  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:10:08 PM(UTC)
DetroitDogDodger

Man
United States

FTR Carrier by the way
postalvet  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:16:32 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 3013 time(s) in 2396 post(s)

do you really work at the post office?

you would know management stone walls everyone at every move.

the union is not a dictator or police that force management to do what you want "RIGHT NOW!"

if the union is not helping you then file a charge with the labor department.

getting out is NOT going to stop management from screwing with you but it might get worse.

your handle leads me to believe you are from detroit act like it and fight back!

the union is U, are you "so weak"?
Postal retired 38yrs Just Sayin' Black Live's Matter #dumptrump2020 wear your mask
DetroitDogDodger  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:22:06 PM(UTC)
DetroitDogDodger

Man
United States

LOL not weak at all but wether you want to admit it or not our union SUCKS. Our contracts always expire and are never resolved for a year plus. The only answer we ever receive is follow instructions and we will file a grievance. For comparison when talking to our UPS guy that is at our station daily he laughs at our situation.
thanks 1 user thanked DetroitDogDodger for this useful post.
vHatch on 6/6/2020(UTC)
DetroitDogDodger  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:24:19 PM(UTC)
DetroitDogDodger

Man
United States

It is also very frustrating when you hear mgmt on their daily conference call literally saying " their union is a joke just force them to do what you need " TRUE STORY
thanks 1 user thanked DetroitDogDodger for this useful post.
vHatch on 6/6/2020(UTC)
colty31  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:53:38 PM(UTC)
colty31

United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 83 post(s)
It is also very frustrating when you hear mgmt on their daily conference call literally saying " their union is a joke just force them to do what you need " TRUE STORY

if that's bad why haven't you gotten some type of medical restriction?

take control of your own situation and stop blaming others.
thanks 1 user thanked colty31 for this useful post.
LastLaconiaTE on 6/1/2020(UTC)
Wicked cool guy  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:39:43 PM(UTC)
Wicked cool guy

United States

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Called shared services and request the form.
LeroyToliver  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 8:05:06 PM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 90 post(s)
They will work you until they break you and then use the entire company and all of its resources to deny you treatment and compensation for your troubles. Know your limits and have a doctor back you up. Not everyone can work these hours and they are not part of the job. Do you have bad knees? Shoulders? Back? Are you over forty? Learn your rights and you wont have to depend on the union. Is the workload evenly distributed? If not, file an EEO complaint. Most importantly, learn to live within your means so that you never have to work a minute of over time for this postal plantation.
thanks 1 user thanked LeroyToliver for this useful post.
D~Mule on 6/2/2020(UTC)
Roger.D  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 8:15:53 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Was thanked: 963 time(s) in 743 post(s)
LOL not weak at all but wether you want to admit it or not our union SUCKS. Our contracts always expire and are never resolved for a year plus. The only answer we ever receive is follow instructions and we will file a grievance. For comparison when talking to our UPS guy that is at our station daily he laughs at our situation.

Would you like the union to agree to what management wants just to have a contract? Or do you want them to fight for better conditions?
bozeman  
#12 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 11:58:37 PM(UTC)
bozeman

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 29 post(s)
"the concept of a lower paid non career letter carrier workforce would be totally unacceptable to NALC"

Fred Rolando(union president)-2011

That tells you everything about todays union, amd what effect they really have.
thanks 1 user thanked bozeman for this useful post.
Kickjump on 6/1/2020(UTC)
MPE2009  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 5:02:01 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 619 time(s) in 478 post(s)

The union does not have the power to give you everything you want nor in the time you want it. So feel free to quit and make the union even weaker. Or you could educate yourself in the contract and take part in the union. Be a driving force for positive change as opposed to yet another whiner, who quits when he doesn't get his own way.
joe0216  
#14 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 5:28:11 AM(UTC)
joe0216

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I got out of the union about a year ago. Their totally useless. I can think of better ways to use my money. I biggest regret is joining years ago and will never be able to get that wasted money back
craigrh13  
#15 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 6:21:53 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joe0216 Go to Quoted Post
I got out of the union about a year ago. Their totally useless. I can think of better ways to use my money. I biggest regret is joining years ago and will never be able to get that wasted money back

Me too. I will not be coming back until they make some serious changes and stop protecting the eye sores in the work force.
postalvet  
#16 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 7:15:24 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post

Me too. I will not be coming back until they make some serious changes and stop protecting the eye sores in the work force.

scabs!!!!!!!!!
Postal retired 38yrs Just Sayin' Black Live's Matter #dumptrump2020 wear your mask
craigrh13  
#17 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 7:52:17 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Originally Posted by: postalvet Go to Quoted Post

scabs!!!!!!!!!

People like you are the reason we are proud scabs. You’re mad at us for “freeloading” but say nothing to the others that abuse the system. Get rid of those people and there would be no scabs. J

Once again, thank you for your meaningful and intelligent reply as usual.
EagleDog  
#18 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 8:14:29 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bozeman Go to Quoted Post
"the concept of a lower paid non career letter carrier workforce would be totally unacceptable to NALC"

Fred Rolando(union president)-2011

That tells you everything about todays union, amd what effect they really have.

Rolando actually proposed CCA's during his 2011 arbitration testimony.

He proposed a "new non-career workforce" that "may be called City Carrier Associates, Assistants or Apprentices (CCAs)" and that "NALC acknowledges that will be lower than the pay of career letter carriers".

shackmaster  
#19 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 8:19:01 AM(UTC)
shackmaster

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 143 post(s)

scabs!!!!!!!!!

People like you are the reason we are proud scabs. You’re mad at us for “freeloading” but say nothing to the others that abuse the system. Get rid of those people and there would be no scabs. J

I pay ~35 cents per hour for the union. Are they perfect? Absolutely not! I've had my issues with them over the years, but have also needed them to enforce certain contractual issues I've had. For me, the bottom line is whether I would make the wage I currently do if the union wasn't involved. Everyone knows the answer to that.

The constant complaining from some about the hours, the work, management, the union, other employees always makes me wonder why they continue to work here. The grass is always greener elsewhere, apparently. Things are not going to get better with a new PMG on the way in and money becoming tighter.

thanks 2 users thanked shackmaster for this useful post.
postalvet on 6/1/2020(UTC), LastLaconiaTE on 6/1/2020(UTC)
postalvet  
#20 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 8:19:39 AM(UTC)
postalvet

scabs!!!!!!!!!

people like me understand WHY we have unions and the history as to WHY we need unions.

it is people like you who set us back hundreds of years.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed