Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Go to last post Go to first unread
Endless Summer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:23:23 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/7/2016(UTC)
Posts: 1,201

Thanks: 53 times
Was thanked: 260 time(s) in 222 post(s)
In researching my options concerning the situation I find myself in I stumbled across the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals.


I hadn't seen it mentioned on here, a search of this site turns up nothing, and I was wondering if anyone has ever used them.

They might seem to be focused on government contracts but they also have jurisdiction on issues regarding gov't employees and relocation/travel issues. Their site is offfline as I type this but you can review cases going back 10 years or more. I was able to find rulings that are relevant to my situation and I'm confident they'll rule in my favor if it comes to that.

Filing a case with them seems to be pretty straightforward, no lawyer necessary, no tricky forms or pleadings or fancy Latin phrases. You just present your case in a factual manner and the other side is given an opportunity to rebut. Their rulings are binding, although there is an appeal process.

As I said, they have a pretty narrow focus for the gov't employee, they mostly deal with relocation and travel reimbursement issues.

My command initially rejected my request to be relieved of my responsibility to repay PCS costs saying that it wasn't their policy. They modified their answer when I presented them with the research I'd done. Now they say I just need to file a waiver request. I already have my case typed up and ready to submit to the CBCA if they refuse my waiver.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.107 seconds.