Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
122intheshade  
#61 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:03:26 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Groups: Registered
Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 621 time(s) in 499 post(s)
You want to know where it ends? There are plenty of books about the rise of Russian and Chinese communism. Those people were not faint-hearted.

They saw their opening, in the weakness of the current system. Russia was sorely damaged before making its peace it World War One. The Reds came in and systematically exterminated the Whites. Then the Reds took out their rivals within the revolution, and what was left was pure, unadulterated evil.

If you want to read the most soul-crushing book of all time, see "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" by Solzhenitsyn.

For something truly magnificent/scary, try "The Black Book of Communism". Came out about 20 years ago. See if you can recognize some of the past, in our present.

And there are plenty of books about the Chinese communists rise to power after World War Two. Weak and corrupt central government. The communists ran the Nationalists right off the continent, to Taiwan. God knows what they're going to do to Hong Kong.

But the methods are similar. They foment confusion and anger, they tell you to get out, then they push you out. After that . . . well, you were warned.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
postalvet  
#62 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:26:03 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 3019 time(s) in 2402 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post
I should be amazed at the turn of this thread from an opportunity to debate how post offices are named, if the community should have input on the names of local post offices, and whether this is a good road to go down. Instead it has turned into a full blown political flame throwing circus. This is a thread where the Gordon G. who made sense in pointing out how bad the behavior had become needs a rerun of those comments, a rethink of all of our comments, mine included.

My first thought is that I think a community should have input over the naming of community centers, which a local post office is one. Frankly nobody can debate what kind of man Andrew Jackson was. The only debate might be how certain aspects of his character and deeds are worse by today's standards compared to the standards of that time. After all it was the house and senate that passed the bill, which Andrew Jackson fully endorsed, signed and executed, creating a major tragedy in american history. So why not let the community decide the name of their post office? It doesn't harm anyone if they decide to rename it. The man is dead, he sure doesn't care and from the character he was, as written in the histories, he'd probably happily raise a one-fingered salute to his detractors and be proud of the controversy stirred up in his name.

I'm of mixed feelings about tearing down most monuments. Certain figures were greatly influential, Columbus, Lincoln, etc. But then there are the confederate monuments created after the civil war ended, celebrating the losers and glorifying their cause. We sure didn't allow the german people to erect monuments to the heros of the third reich. I'm betting we didn't allow the Iraqi people to put up a Saddam statue, although I doubt they wanted to. In any case, I think it is fully understandable that symbols of a failed revolution be removed. About the only exception in my mind would be to memorials commemorating the dead, assuming they were generic enough not to celebrate their failed cause. So yeah, tear down the monuments glorifying a failed revolution and remove their symbols from state flags and other official state actions. Our history books and museums can do plenty to remind us of our heritage, both good and bad.

Black lives matter. Wow, that's a statement that stirred up a country. It offended nearly everybody that was not black. How many of us immediately jumped on the thought that what they were saying with that slogan is that nobody else's lives matter to that group? I admit it, it offended me at first. But I misread it and I think most misread it. The way I read it now, is not that black lives matter more than my life or anyone else's life, rather it's a declaration that they count too. They're simply saying loudly and with pride, even some desperation that their lives matter TOO. It's hard to argue that thought.

Football anyone? Oh wait, we're all offended by the players. The players are offended by the discrimination that so many police departments allow to continue within their departments. Lots of good law enforcement officers, I served with a lot of good ones, simply good people with a tough job. But I've met a lot of others that were scum, trash, thugs and as big a criminal as the people they were supposed to protect us from. Too many bad officers are protected by the system, because nobody wants to be the snitch and so few have the courage to stand up and be a pariah. Yet I doubt there's a person in this forum, that hasn't met or had dealing with the kind of thug officers I'm referring to. If you're black, you've probably met even more of them. The only good thing is most of them, maybe the majority, are good men and women. There is a department which must remain unnamed, which makes postal management seems like a bunch of good guys who have nothing but the best interest of the employee, customer and nation in their hearts. So sorry, but if they want to protest the bad law enforcement officers by kneeling, so be it. I respect their right to protest.

Enough of reasoned opinions and thoughts, let go back to being sh.. heads and calling each other names. After all, we have enough examples out there on how to be behave badly and nearly none on how to behave with dignity and respect.

very clearly put

thank you
Postal retired 38yrs Just Sayin' Black Live's Matter #dumptrump2020 wear your mask
postalvet  
#63 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:28:13 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 3019 time(s) in 2402 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 122intheshade Go to Quoted Post
You want to know where it ends? There are plenty of books about the rise of Russian and Chinese communism. Those people were not faint-hearted.

They saw their opening, in the weakness of the current system. Russia was sorely damaged before making its peace it World War One. The Reds came in and systematically exterminated the Whites. Then the Reds took out their rivals within the revolution, and what was left was pure, unadulterated evil.

If you want to read the most soul-crushing book of all time, see "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" by Solzhenitsyn.

For something truly magnificent/scary, try "The Black Book of Communism". Came out about 20 years ago. See if you can recognize some of the past, in our present.

And there are plenty of books about the Chinese communists rise to power after World War Two. Weak and corrupt central government. The communists ran the Nationalists right off the continent, to Taiwan. God knows what they're going to do to Hong Kong.

But the methods are similar. They foment confusion and anger, they tell you to get out, then they push you out. After that . . . well, you were warned.

do you really believe that is what is happening in the us today? by which side.
Postal retired 38yrs Just Sayin' Black Live's Matter #dumptrump2020 wear your mask
122intheshade  
#64 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:29:12 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 621 time(s) in 499 post(s)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

If you want to be truly "woke" to the subjugated peoples of the United States, try "Empire of the Summer Moon".
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
EagleDog  
#65 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 7:44:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Next up: the city of St. Louis (named after King Louis IX of France) and the State of New York (named after the Duke of York).
craigrh13  
#66 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 5:08:41 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Next up....the democrat party for their support of the KKK and racist history(facts).
EagleDog  
#67 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 1:28:37 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Petition calls for St. Louis to be renamed, removal of statue

https://kmox.radio.com/a...e-renamed-statue-removed

New Petition Demands St. Louis Change Its Name Because Of ‘Racist’ History

https://theunionjournal....cause-of-racist-history/

Circuit Attorney's Office says blows thrown at protest of St. Louis statue are under investigation

https://www.stltoday.com...9-bffb-7e1ac19a62c3.html

St. Louis Archdiocese responds to calls to remove statue of city’s namesake

https://www.stltoday.com...5-9222-fd939822c178.html
Rss Feed  Atom Feed