Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Yvette  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 11:38:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
I just received a tentative offer for a position in Singapore. Of course I am excited about the opportunity. But also nervous because I will be making a major move during this pandemic. Has anyone recently moved OCONUS? Did you experience the onboarding process to be longer i.e. timeframe from receiving tentative to final to orders? How did your agency handle the PCS waiver?
Endless Summer  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 1:59:10 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 221 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Yvette Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,
I just received a tentative offer for a position in Singapore. Of course I am excited about the opportunity. But also nervous because I will be making a major move during this pandemic. Has anyone recently moved OCONUS? Did you experience the onboarding process to be longer i.e. timeframe from receiving tentative to final to orders? How did your agency handle the PCS waiver?

I'm going the other direction. I'm in the process of PCS'ing CONUS from Korea. You can expect to be quarantined when you get in country. whether that's a hard quarantine where you cannnot leave your hotel, or a soft quarantine where you are allowed essential trips id going to depend on where you are going. Your sponsor will be able to give you info.

In my experience, everything is taking longer or being more difficult with Covid. Your agency should take care of everything for you, just be patient and follow their guidance. Expect a disorganized mess when you arrive if you're going to a small unit.

best wishes
TheUnderverse15  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 7:56:13 AM(UTC)
TheUnderverse15

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Endless Summer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Yvette Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I'm going the other direction. I'm in the process of PCS'ing CONUS from Korea. You can expect to be quarantined when you get in country. whether that's a hard quarantine where you cannnot leave your hotel, or a soft quarantine where you are allowed essential trips id going to depend on where you are going. Your sponsor will be able to give you info.

In my experience, everything is taking longer or being more difficult with Covid. Your agency should take care of everything for you, just be patient and follow their guidance. Expect a disorganized mess when you arrive if you're going to a small unit.

best wishes

Singapore, NAVSUP DLA job? Like endless summer, I accepted a job stateside from OCONUS. But it has been dead silence since i accepted the offer. Most tentative offers i had come across desk have disclaimers at the bottom about EOD could be up to 90 or 120 days due to COVID.

Most installations overseas are trying to hire internally so new hires will not be quarantined and delayed.
icanzz  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:22:14 PM(UTC)
icanzz

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Wife just received "firm" offer with EOD to Korea of 3 August. 5 Days to EOD...no orders, no travel arranged, no Household goods appointment or contact with a transportation office...like I said no orders. So WTH. She emailed back asking if 3 August is correct and if since she had to ask about that she ask about step increase to 6 from 1...might well ask, not sure if they will consider since TO was step 1. Tried calling HR rep that sent FO, but no answer.

Guess if no replies by tomorrow she just accept and laugh at them if they expect her to be there on Monday.
FatHappyCat  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:17:49 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Originally Posted by: icanzz Go to Quoted Post
Wife just received "firm" offer with EOD to Korea of 3 August. 5 Days to EOD...no orders, no travel arranged, no Household goods appointment or contact with a transportation office...like I said no orders. So WTH. She emailed back asking if 3 August is correct and if since she had to ask about that she ask about step increase to 6 from 1...might well ask, not sure if they will consider since TO was step 1. Tried calling HR rep that sent FO, but no answer.

Guess if no replies by tomorrow she just accept and laugh at them if they expect her to be there on Monday.

This is a silly question, but was transportation offered?

icanzz  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 12:26:48 PM(UTC)
icanzz

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Yes transportation of hhg and POV. 18000lbs. New EOD mid September.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed