Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PostaIvet  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 12:54:38 PM(UTC)
PostaIvet

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Postmaster General Louis DeJoy issued a statement July 27 on the Postal Service’s efforts to achieve operational excellence and financial stability.

“The Postal Service is in a financially unsustainable position, stemming from substantial declines in mail volume and a broken business model,” DeJoy writes. “We are currently unable to balance our costs with available funding sources to fulfill both our universal service mission and other legal obligations. Because of this, the Postal Service has experienced over a decade of financial losses, with no end in sight, and we face an impending liquidity crisis.”

Congress and the Postal Regulatory Commission must enact legislative and regulatory reforms to help address the situation, DeJoy writes. The Postal Service must also better adhere to its existing operating plans, which were developed to ensure that the organization meets its service standards in an efficient and effective manner.

“Given our current situation, it is critical that the Postal Service take a fresh look at our operations and make necessary adjustments,” DeJoy writes. “We are highly focused on our public service mission to provide prompt, reliable and efficient service to every person and business in this country, and to remain a part of the nation’s critical infrastructure. However, changes must be made, and we will refocus on all of the items within our control, and propose changes to some that are not, in order to ensure that we will be able to continue to fulfill our universal service obligation to all of America.”

https://link.usps.com/2020/07/27/a-fresh-look/

Full statement from PMG DeJoy
PostaIvet  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 12:56:55 PM(UTC)
PostaIvet

United States

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Good to see that his primary objective is to find a way to sustainably continue to honor the Universal service mandate.
craigrh13  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 1:26:26 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 126 post(s)
I actually like the new methods being used. Getting out of the office much earlier. SO FAR it’s step in the right direction. At least he’s trying to do something. Better than what the last PMG was doing.
Say no to postal Patty

Biden sniffs little kids

postalvet  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 2:39:33 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 3032 time(s) in 2415 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Wicked cool guy Go to Quoted Post
Postmaster General Louis DeJoy issued a statement July 27 on the Postal Service’s efforts to achieve operational excellence and financial stability.

“The Postal Service is in a financially unsustainable position, stemming from substantial declines in mail volume and a broken business model,” DeJoy writes. “We are currently unable to balance our costs with available funding sources to fulfill both our universal service mission and other legal obligations. Because of this, the Postal Service has experienced over a decade of financial losses, with no end in sight, and we face an impending liquidity crisis.”

Congress and the Postal Regulatory Commission must enact legislative and regulatory reforms to help address the situation, DeJoy writes. The Postal Service must also better adhere to its existing operating plans, which were developed to ensure that the organization meets its service standards in an efficient and effective manner.

“Given our current situation, it is critical that the Postal Service take a fresh look at our operations and make necessary adjustments,” DeJoy writes. “We are highly focused on our public service mission to provide prompt, reliable and efficient service to every person and business in this country, and to remain a part of the nation’s critical infrastructure. However, changes must be made, and we will refocus on all of the items within our control, and propose changes to some that are not, in order to ensure that we will be able to continue to fulfill our universal service obligation to all of America.”

https://link.usps.com/2020/07/27/a-fresh-look/

Full statement from PMG DeJoy

of course nothing about including the unions which will only cause a rift between the bargaining units and management.

sad
racist here call me postal patty or karen

Postal retired 38yrs

Black Lives Matter

#dumptrump2020

wear a mask
amethystlocke  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:28:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
I actually like the new methods being used. Getting out of the office much earlier. SO FAR it’s step in the right direction. At least he’s trying to do something. Better than what the last PMG was doing.

What? It's taking our office even longer than before. We are a higher volume office than others. We were told, we were to go out on the street by taking the hot case mail with us which was only supposed to have 4-5 pieces of mail and we collate that into the FSS.

well, on the first day, I had 95 pieces of mail that I had to sort from first class to standard on the street, then organize the first class dps and flats and then collate that into the fss. This took me way longer than it would have if I were to just case it in office which would've taken me no more than 5-10 mins.

And then when I come back from the street, I have to case in all that standard mail in for the next day .

And next day pick up 50-90 pieces of mail from the hot case.

This is ass backwards mess that didn't need messing with.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
postalvet on 7/27/2020(UTC)
Just Cause  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:46:17 PM(UTC)
Just Cause

Was thanked: 378 time(s) in 301 post(s)
Originally Posted by: amethystlocke Go to Quoted Post

What? It's taking our office even longer than before. We are a higher volume office than others. We were told, we were to go out on the street by taking the hot case mail with us which was only supposed to have 4-5 pieces of mail and we collate that into the FSS.

well, on the first day, I had 95 pieces of mail that I had to sort from first class to standard on the street, then organize the first class dps and flats and then collate that into the fss. This took me way longer than it would have if I were to just case it in office which would've taken me no more than 5-10 mins.

And then when I come back from the street, I have to case in all that standard mail in for the next day .

I was going to ask about this new plan on a new thread and how is it effecting the carriers. We have one station with this new plan. All the routes are walk out routes with a push-cart. Some routes are mixed and some are all residential. How in the hell are you going to sort thru the SPRs on the street? I am talking about over hundred of SPRs. I can understand if you have a vehicle. Brilliant plan!
Who is the biggest Karen of all? Postal Patty
Karen never carried mail before.
craigrh13  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:28:01 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: amethystlocke Go to Quoted Post

Yeah. It’s not like that at all at my office. Going pretty smoothly so far. I’m liking it.
Say no to postal Patty

Biden sniffs little kids

Your NBA  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 6:36:20 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Was thanked: 1458 time(s) in 1014 post(s)
As I was saying to my coworkers in our 11th and greater hour of work today, "It sure feels nice getting paid over a dollar a minute to case mail instead of deliver it." My first hour or so of casing was at straight time. I could have cased 150 to 170 newspapers on penalty, but they were sitting on the dock. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Those of us casing mail others will carry tomorrow were particularly gleeful.

The only thing that would be more popcorn-worthy would be to only deliver the mail that could be cased and carried without overtime. 1/4 of the city would be an uproar almost daily. I thought that was the plan, but so far we are just delaying mail and casing it on overtime. Seems silly. But I know that is not the official plan. That is to delay mail and not use overtime.
craigrh13  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 6:52:59 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: Your NBA Go to Quoted Post
As I was saying to my coworkers in our 11th and greater hour of work today, "It sure feels nice getting paid over a dollar a minute to case mail instead of deliver it." My first hour or so of casing was at straight time. I could have cased 150 to 170 newspapers on penalty, but they were sitting on the dock. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Those of us casing mail others will carry tomorrow were particularly gleeful.

The only thing that would be more popcorn-worthy would be to only deliver the mail that could be cased and carried without overtime. 1/4 of the city would be an uproar almost daily. I thought that was the plan, but so far we are just delaying mail and casing it on overtime. Seems silly. But I know that is not the official plan. That is to delay mail and not use overtime.

Not sure how you guys are delaying mail. We are still getting everything out on time. I have yet to case anything in the afternoon. Sounds like some of you just have crappy offices and clerks.

The reason we got here is because people are milking the system and abusing OT. They have nobody to blame but theirselves. I can’t stand the people that abuse OT and purposely slow down to get it.
Say no to postal Patty

Biden sniffs little kids

thanks 1 user thanked craigrh13 for this useful post.
LeroyToliver on 7/29/2020(UTC)
colty31  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 7:20:10 PM(UTC)
colty31

United States

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Craig, you work in a crazy small office or something? That’s not how it works in an actual city unit.
thanks 1 user thanked colty31 for this useful post.
postalvet on 7/28/2020(UTC)
Your NBA  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 7:36:44 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Not sure how you guys are delaying mail. We are still getting everything out on time. I have yet to case anything in the afternoon. Sounds like some of you just have crappy offices and clerks.

The reason we got here is because people are milking the system and abusing OT. They have nobody to blame but theirselves. I can’t stand the people that abuse OT and purposely slow down to get it.

We have our machine flats in tubs on our case to case. And there are few letters tossed on top. I don't know where those are from, because our bundles of reject letters from the DPS are held and given to us for PM casing. We have newspapers to fold and case. We have 4 or 5 tubs of sprs to case, although they just got those tall (like large waste basket) tubs for the sprs. I am sure that was done so the clerks don't have to switch out 4 or 5 tubs per route. The clerks hold ALL carrier-route bundles of flats (periodicals and standard) and the dps reject letters.

Basically, all the flats and letters that the clerks used to sort and/or distribute in the a.m. are left except for the machine carrier-routed flats. By the time we case, pull down, and load 1.5 hours have passed. Saturday the clerks were done when we got to work. Today the were still sorting parcels for about an hour after we got there. The MPOO was watching both days so I assume this is how it will be. The only thing that is different is we do the manual letters and DPS reject letters and all carrier route bundles after delivering instead of before. Seems silly.

Instead of delaying the truck because half the routes are over 10 hours on Mondays, they just go around and get mail from the carriers and send the truck out on time. Any mail not collected from the carriers and any they pick up at the end of the day just sits for an extra 24 hours before dispatch.

A lot depends on the processing plant. I was a PM in offices that got mail from different plants. The offices were a half hour drive apart. One got their mail a good 2 hours before the other. That was nice. A couple rural carriers and a city carrier would often come in early (off the clock) and sort mail just so we could all visit and they could get about their day earlier. Now we delay mail AND get out later.

Our managers are in a bind. They know the routes are "long", so they cannot do route inspections or they will end up with more carriers. So they are stuck with paying overtime.
Your NBA  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 7:38:32 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Originally Posted by: colty31 Go to Quoted Post
Craig, you work in a crazy small office or something? That’s not how it works in an actual city unit.

He couldn't be under the new plan if there is no PM casing. That is the linchpin of the plan.
craigrh13  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:59:01 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: colty31 Go to Quoted Post

He couldn't be under the new plan if there is no PM casing. That is the linchpin of the plan.

No. They told us about the pm casing. We just haven’t had to do it. Level 21 office.
Say no to postal Patty

Biden sniffs little kids

Your NBA  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:13:11 AM(UTC)
Your NBA

So there is the problem. Your office is not following the plan. We are not supposed to do it the smart way. We are supposed to do it the way we are told.

If you are told to delay mail and then don't do it, of course you won't have delayed mail.
thanks 1 user thanked Your NBA for this useful post.
Pinkkittylamp on 7/29/2020(UTC)
HoosierDaddy  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:19:16 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Here is a list of the test offices for the new plan: https://www.nalc.org/news/nalc-u...ESAS-Test-Sites-7-13.pdf
You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.
RodOrRob  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:44:11 AM(UTC)
RodOrRob

Was thanked: 1158 time(s) in 841 post(s)
By the time you sort SPR's, do truck check, listen to daily safety talk, there is NO time left to case clerk sorted along with tub flats mail AND pull down to be on street time in 30 minutes for about half our routes in my office.

This means 1st and 2nd class is delayed daily.

We have resorted to using the old color coded bulk mail tags to identify what mail was left on what day.

Yes Craig, the plan (to ruin the USPS) is working perfectly.
Another Carrier  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:50:36 AM(UTC)
Another Carrier

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Nothing has been said about how soon you have to back at the office to case the remaining mail: 30 minutes early? 1 hour?

Would that data be used in the future to add more territory to our routes?

Here we go again...more overburdened routes...more OT required
z165012  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
z165012

United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HoosierDaddy Go to Quoted Post
Here is a list of the test offices for the new plan: https://www.nalc.org/news/nalc-u...ESAS-Test-Sites-7-13.pdf

my office not listed on that, but is taking part in it...same with neighboring areas
craigrh13  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 5:03:52 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: RodOrRob Go to Quoted Post
By the time you sort SPR's, do truck check, listen to daily safety talk, there is NO time left to case clerk sorted along with tub flats mail AND pull down to be on street time in 30 minutes for about half our routes in my office.

This means 1st and 2nd class is delayed daily.

We have resorted to using the old color coded bulk mail tags to identify what mail was left on what day.

Yes Craig, the plan (to ruin the USPS) is working perfectly.

It’s working fine at my office. I was pulled down and loaded in 22 minutes today. Your mileage obviously varies. I am not quite understanding why people are making this harder than it needs to be. It seems people simply want it to fail and are being babies about it. Why is this so hard?
Say no to postal Patty

Biden sniffs little kids

craigrh13  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 5:05:17 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

So there is the problem. Your office is not following the plan. We are not supposed to do it the smart way. We are supposed to do it the way we are told.

If you are told to delay mail and then don't do it, of course you won't have delayed mail.

I’m just doing what I’m told. I have really good supervisors though. Maybe that’s the difference?
Say no to postal Patty

Biden sniffs little kids

Rss Feed  Atom Feed