Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roger.d  
#121 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 7:40:11 PM(UTC)
roger.d

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1005 time(s) in 776 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GordonG Go to Quoted Post
I found the guy!!!

I found the guy who'd be the perfect interviewer for Joe Biden.

Joe can come out of his basement now.

Those two would hit it off BIG TIME!!!

Here is the guy at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

https://youtu.be/sjZ7aiXZDk4

If they do a pay-per-view I'd pay $19.95 easily.

+
+
+

Most songs are only 0.99.

That made my head hurt.

Edited by user Thursday, August 6, 2020 7:45:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: fat fingers

craigrh13  
#122 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 7:47:04 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 126 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Your NBA Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 122intheshade Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to know if ANY offices of any size are fully staffed. We started dealing with Covid issues in March (carrier-signed items, etc) and by April we were short people. It's never let up, between whatever health issues people have, and the full slate of vacation time being used.

The supervisors haven't mentioned "8-hour day" much if all since then either. Whatever hours you want to work, you're working. Even if you DON'T want to work them.

8 hour days for me the last couple weeks. I honestly like the new changes that have been implemented in my office.

What changes were implemented in your office? Are less hours being spent to deliver the same amount of mail and, if so, why? Or do you have more help and/or less volume than before the changes?

volume has varied dramatically. We have more of our people back as they are done abusing their leave. The trucks are now getting here on time. Packages and what not are being cut off early. If we can’t finish casing in time we case when we get back. So the time in the office in the morning is down drastically. OT has went way down. Overall I am liking it. Our mail is still coming screwed up from the plant but that’s nothing unusual. They seem to have zero work standards or care to do their job right.

You are given a leave time. But you can not case all the mail you have by then. That means your leave time projection was not accurate.

Pushing that work to the PM only changes the time of day it was done. It is still office time.

The only thing that may have changed is you ran your route to get back to the office so you could case the mail and go home in 8. The some thing could have happened if you cassed all the mail in the AM. Then ran your tail off to be done in 8.

People seem to move faster in the office when it’s time to go home. Amazing how that works. Kind of like people naturally speed up on saturdays. We are done at 830...regardless. I’m typically done well before then. Like I said. So far myself and several others are liking the changes. Zero issues here.

"Move faster in the office to go home" and "naturally speed up on Saturdays" means that someone is not working safely.

You won't find a manger/district person working faster on Friday

No. It means they quit screwing off.

If you think casing a route faster is unsafe then I don’t know what to tell you.

I know this might sound crazy to you but it’s completely possible to be both quick and safe. Just because one moves at the pace of a turtle doesn’t mean they are being safe.

Accidents only happen when people are in a hurry and being unsafe.

Just because you are deliberate and conscientious of your work doesn't mean you are screwing off.

If someone is screwing off, it is management's responsibility to correct the issue.

I seriously hoping you are joking.
Say no to postal Patty

Biden sniffs little kids

roger.d  
#123 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 7:50:44 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 1005 time(s) in 776 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Your NBA Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 122intheshade Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to know if ANY offices of any size are fully staffed. We started dealing with Covid issues in March (carrier-signed items, etc) and by April we were short people. It's never let up, between whatever health issues people have, and the full slate of vacation time being used.

The supervisors haven't mentioned "8-hour day" much if all since then either. Whatever hours you want to work, you're working. Even if you DON'T want to work them.

8 hour days for me the last couple weeks. I honestly like the new changes that have been implemented in my office.

What changes were implemented in your office? Are less hours being spent to deliver the same amount of mail and, if so, why? Or do you have more help and/or less volume than before the changes?

volume has varied dramatically. We have more of our people back as they are done abusing their leave. The trucks are now getting here on time. Packages and what not are being cut off early. If we can’t finish casing in time we case when we get back. So the time in the office in the morning is down drastically. OT has went way down. Overall I am liking it. Our mail is still coming screwed up from the plant but that’s nothing unusual. They seem to have zero work standards or care to do their job right.

You are given a leave time. But you can not case all the mail you have by then. That means your leave time projection was not accurate.

Pushing that work to the PM only changes the time of day it was done. It is still office time.

The only thing that may have changed is you ran your route to get back to the office so you could case the mail and go home in 8. The some thing could have happened if you cassed all the mail in the AM. Then ran your tail off to be done in 8.

People seem to move faster in the office when it’s time to go home. Amazing how that works. Kind of like people naturally speed up on saturdays. We are done at 830...regardless. I’m typically done well before then. Like I said. So far myself and several others are liking the changes. Zero issues here.

"Move faster in the office to go home" and "naturally speed up on Saturdays" means that someone is not working safely.

You won't find a manger/district person working faster on Friday

No. It means they quit screwing off.

If you think casing a route faster is unsafe then I don’t know what to tell you.

I know this might sound crazy to you but it’s completely possible to be both quick and safe. Just because one moves at the pace of a turtle doesn’t mean they are being safe.

Accidents only happen when people are in a hurry and being unsafe.

Just because you are deliberate and conscientious of your work doesn't mean you are screwing off.

If someone is screwing off, it is management's responsibility to correct the issue.

I seriously hoping you are joking.

I don't joke about safety.
thanks 1 user thanked roger.d for this useful post.
postalvet on 8/7/2020(UTC)
LeroyToliver  
#124 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 9:03:28 AM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 96 post(s)
"You arent black unless you vote for me" -Joe Biden

"I dont want my kids growing up in a 'racial jungle'" -Joe Biden

"I used to let little colored kids pet my leg hair, they couldnt believe how smooth it was" -Joe Biden

"You got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man." -Joe Biden

On the floor of the U.S. Senate in 1988, Biden praised segregationist Sen. John Stennis (D-MS) as a “man of character,” even after the Democrat sought to oppose Brown v. Board of Education with something called The Southern Manifesto. In fact, Biden has even bragged about Stennis gifting him with the table the Southern Manifesto was signed on.

It is 2016 all over again and unions have placed their bets on a dud. Hillary won the popular vote by getting universal support in a few handful of blue cities saturated with millions of democrats concentrated on bits of real estate in a few states but we live in a country comprised of 50 sovereign and independent states 'United' under a Constitution and federal government. California cramming ten times more people into its square footage than the next ten states does not give it more of a say than each state in the union would have with or without that population. Why would a Stte remain in a union where they are stripped of their vote on who runs the federal government by states strategically importing votes in? Using the electoral college Trump won 37 out of 50 states in November of 2016, guess which method will be used this November of 2020 per the Constitution? I predict massive mail in support for Biden in the same blue cities and maybe record numbers, but still, same blue cities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YljLfakhcwk
Seadogg  
#125 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 9:09:25 AM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 678 time(s) in 455 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LeroyToliver Go to Quoted Post
"You arent black unless you vote for me" -Joe Biden

"I dont want my kids growing up in a 'racial jungle'" -Joe Biden

"I used to let little colored kids pet my leg hair, they couldnt believe how smooth it was" -Joe Biden

"You got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man." -Joe Biden

On the floor of the U.S. Senate in 1988, Biden praised segregationist Sen. John Stennis (D-MS) as a “man of character,” even after the Democrat sought to oppose Brown v. Board of Education with something called The Southern Manifesto. In fact, Biden has even bragged about Stennis gifting him with the table the Southern Manifesto was signed on.

It is 2016 all over again and unions have placed their bets on a dud. Hillary won the popular vote by getting universal support in a few handful of blue cities saturated with millions of democrats concentrated on bits of real estate in a few states but we live in a country comprised of 50 sovereign and independent states 'United' under a Constitution and federal government. California cramming ten times more people into its square footage than the next ten states does not give it more of a say than each state in the union would have with or without that population. Why would a Stte remain in a union where they are stripped of their vote on who runs the federal government by states strategically importing votes in? Using the electoral college Trump won 37 out of 50 states in November of 2016, guess which method will be used this November of 2020 per the Constitution? I predict massive mail in support for Biden in the same blue cities and maybe record numbers, but still, same blue cities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YljLfakhcwk

If I choose to live in a city, why should I have less say in national government than someone who chooses to live in a rural area?
LeroyToliver  
#126 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 9:12:15 AM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 96 post(s)
If I choose to live in a city, why should I have less say in national government than someone who chooses to live in a rural area?

You dont, you still have a say in what YOUR State, with its sovereign government, laws, constitution, governor, etc.. will be voting for on election night this November as part of the 50 States that comprise this republic and elect who will run the Federal government that runs the 'United' States.

Edited by user Friday, August 7, 2020 9:14:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

EagleDog  
#127 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 9:22:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GordonG Go to Quoted Post
Of course people haven't seen Biden's racist comments.

Which one?

On President Obama: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean"

Black communities face a problem because "parents can't read or write themselves."

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

"poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids"

"What you all know but most people don't know, unlike the African American community with notable exceptions the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things"

"They're going to put y'all back in chains."

To a black CBS news correspondent: "What do you think, huh? Are you a junkie?"

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

"They are beyond the pale many of those people, beyond the pale...And it's a sad commentary on society. We have no choice but to take them out of society...a cadre of young people, tens of thousands of them, born out of wedlock, without parents, without supervision, without any structure, without any conscience developing because they literally have not been socialized...a portion of them, will become the predators 15 years from now."

On desegregation: "Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point."
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
LeroyToliver on 8/8/2020(UTC)
MPE2009  
#128 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 9:28:49 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 672 time(s) in 519 post(s)

You dont, you still have a say in what YOUR State, with its sovereign government, laws, constitution, governor, etc.. will be voting for on election night this November as part of the 50 States that comprise this republic and elect who will run the Federal government that runs the 'United' States.

Yet in a state with a sizable minority voting against President Trump, 28-40% in most states the President won, those voters had no say thanks to the electoral college. So living in a predominantly conservative state, means your vote is meaningless. On the other hand, the same can be said about a conservative living in a liberal paradise. So we come to the question of whether we've yet reached a population density across the entire country that justifies changing the electoral college and its rules, or simply discarding the electoral college. I still think we made a mistake with electing senators directly as opposed to the state government appointing them. Now senators are in it for themselves and do not have to look towards the good of their state.

Edited by user Friday, August 7, 2020 11:00:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Seadogg  
#129 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 10:41:21 AM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 678 time(s) in 455 post(s)
If I choose to live in a city, why should I have less say in national government than someone who chooses to live in a rural area

States are not sovereign entities. The USA is one country, not a federation of States. You also seem to be under the misapprehension that states have the authority to secede from the union. I believe that was proved false in a spectacular fashion.

Edited by user Friday, August 7, 2020 10:44:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GordonG  
#130 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 1:33:34 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 1232 time(s) in 798 post(s)
Joe is but a shell of himself.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1291521001990365191

Poor guy and shame on the people who've surrounded him.
black LIES matter---a TERRORIST organization

thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
LeroyToliver on 8/8/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed