Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Environmental Protection Agency

EPA was established in 1970 to consolidate in one agency a variety of federal research, monitoring, standard-setting and enforcement activities to ensure environmental protection. Since its inception, EPA has been working for a cleaner, healthier environment for the American people.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FedNole  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 3:12:52 PM(UTC)
FedNole

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello all,

I am currently a fed in a different agency and I had previously been selected (tentatively) for a couple of Physical Scientist positions with the EPA prior to taking my current job. These two TO’s were at GS12 and GS13 levels. Both of these positions, and from what I can tell, all Physical Scientist positions require an MBI, which includes a credit check.

Now, I turned these offers down because I was terrified that my credit would cost me these positions, and ended up accepting my current position which (I thought) did not require any credit check; I filled out the SF85 and did not sign a credit release authorization, though they did check my credit according to my final disposition posted in to my eOPF folder.

My question now is, would having 3 credit cards that were charged off in 2017 affect my employment possibilities with the EPA? If all else we’re good, what are the chance the EPA would rescind the TO if they saw my credit was bad? Those positions for which I applied were not related to finance if that matters. I would really love to work for the EPA, but am afraid my credit will prevent me from doing so.

Thank you all in advance for your responses and thoughts on the topic.

FN.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed