Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Reemployed Annuitants

Generally speaking, the treatment of a retiree's annuity and pay upon reemployment in the Federal Government depends upon whether he or she retired on the basis of a regular, involuntary, or disability retirement. Potential benefits that may be earned as a result of the reemployment service depend primarily on the length of such service.

Some details on Reemployed Annuitants may be found in a PDF file at OPM's Web Site by clicking here.

If you have questions regarding how this can affect you, feel free to post the quesitons here. Or perhaps you have been through this process before and can offer some helpful suggestions...please share.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
someoldguy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 6:38:10 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 947 time(s) in 796 post(s)
A couple of announcements have shown up in my saved searches with the following description:
Quote:
Term - Term Appointment NTE June 30, 2022 unless extended by authority. This position is being announced to recruit CSRS and FERS annuitants on a limited basis with a waiver of salary offset (if a dual compensation waiver is requested).
The two postings like this that I saw were both for the Secret Service.

I'm not a retiree (at least not yet) so I don't spend a lot of time looking for such openings, but I have not seen this before. Is this something new? Only a few agencies doing this?

Edited by user Sunday, August 16, 2020 6:41:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: left something out

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Go saints  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 11:27:57 AM(UTC)
Go saints

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
A couple of announcements have shown up in my saved searches with the following description:
Quote:
Term - Term Appointment NTE June 30, 2022 unless extended by authority. This position is being announced to recruit CSRS and FERS annuitants on a limited basis with a waiver of salary offset (if a dual compensation waiver is requested).

I'm not a retiree (at least not yet) so I don't spend a lot of time looking for such openings, but I have not seen this before. Is this something new? Only a few agencies doing this?

I've seen the allowance of dual receipt as standard in any DoD announcement, along with the provisions that you cannot participate in TSP, nor can you apply for recomputed annuity in the future. But again this is DoD unique.

And all non-DoD announcements have the standard blurb about prohibition of dual receipt, offset of annuity, eligibility to participate in TSP, etc.

Not saying dual receipt is only authorized in DoD, I've just never seen it authorized outside of DoD. Perhaps non-DoD agencies can authorize it in unique circumstances? I don't know.
someoldguy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 12:45:59 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Understand about the dual receipt, but how about postings only for retirees?

State Dept had (has?) a program where they hire retirees with an annual hourly limit. I think they get dual receipt as long as they don't exceed the limit.
CubicalCMDR  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 5:38:54 PM(UTC)
CubicalCMDR

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
As I remember it 16 years ago, it was "working-as-employed" paid in addition to annuity not to exceed annuity.
thanks 1 user thanked CubicalCMDR for this useful post.
someoldguy on 8/22/2020(UTC)
GWPDA  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 6:56:13 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 553 time(s) in 451 post(s)
I happen to be aware of a job series in my retirement hometown which hires temporary positions, more or less in my area of expertise. If they come up again, I plan to apply. As I recall the jobs are all about GS-5 or 7, but gravy is gravy :-)
Go saints  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 4:11:58 AM(UTC)
Go saints

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Today I found multiple Secret Service announcements for reemployed annuitants, some authorizing dual receipt. I didn’t know dual receipt was authorized outside of DoD. Learn something new every day.

===>>. “The USSS employs retirees with two (2) different dual comp waiver authorities:

(1). National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA):
Limited Number of Work Hours
No more than 520 hours during the first 6 months of retirement;
No more than 1040 hours during any 12-month period; or
No more than 3120 hours total during re-employment (lifetime limit).
Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave on a pro-rated basis (not applicable for intermittent work schedules)

(2). Dual Compensation Waiver for APT Support Positions (only for the positions listed on the below chart):
Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
All appointments under this authority will terminate on June 30, 2022.”

Announcements for multiple job series:
https://www.usajobs.gov/...ts?k=Secret%20service%20

Edited by user Saturday, August 22, 2020 4:16:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

someoldguy  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 4:53:26 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: CubicalCMDR Go to Quoted Post
As I remember it 16 years ago, it was "working-as-employed" paid in addition to annuity not to exceed annuity.
Yes that's the term, WAE! Of course State has to have their own term :)

Rss Feed  Atom Feed