Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CWilliams81  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 9:13:38 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I wanted to start a thread for everyone who interviewed this month for the virtual hiring event and see where everyone was at in the process.

I interviewed for the CI career field. I thought the interview was a breeze - six pretty basic questions like "tell me a time you worked together in a team" type stuff. I tried to ask questions but they politely told me not to bother because they had no idea what specific role I would be placed in and I would have a chance to ask my hiring manager any questions I had when I received my final offer (can anyone verify I'll really get the chance to do this?). I received a conditional offer later that day and I've already done my drug test and filled out all my background paperwork. I got a call yesterday from my boss who said someone contacted him for a BI, so I suppose they've started the investigation (I thought they would do an interview with me first, but I guess not).

I'd be curious to hear anyone else's experiences or timelines.

Good luck to everyone in the process.

Edited by user Thursday, August 20, 2020 9:14:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imperatortom  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 9:32:10 AM(UTC)
imperatortom

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Congrats, Im in the ACF side. Interested to hear people from the ACF if they have contact you after submitted the initial paperwork. I have not been contacted for the drug test yet. This is my second time going through the process so they have all of my background info already so hopefully I hear back from them quickly.
Bigdataman  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 4:22:24 PM(UTC)
Bigdataman

United States

Originally Posted by: CWilliams81 Go to Quoted Post
I wanted to start a thread for everyone who interviewed this month for the virtual hiring event and see where everyone was at in the process.

I interviewed for the CI career field. I thought the interview was a breeze - six pretty basic questions like "tell me a time you worked together in a team" type stuff. I tried to ask questions but they politely told me not to bother because they had no idea what specific role I would be placed in and I would have a chance to ask my hiring manager any questions I had when I received my final offer (can anyone verify I'll really get the chance to do this?). I received a conditional offer later that day and I've already done my drug test and filled out all my background paperwork. I got a call yesterday from my boss who said someone contacted him for a BI, so I suppose they've started the investigation (I thought they would do an interview with me first, but I guess not).

I'd be curious to hear anyone else's experiences or timelines.

Good luck to everyone in the process.

Congratulations!

I interviewed and recently did a drug test (now waiting for results I assume).
I filled out the PDF sf-86 and other side-forms in preparation, though I think next official item is online SF-86 (e-Quip?) -> CPC -> BI -> Adjucation ->
(if accepted): cleared hiring pool -> FO
(else): find other work.

My hopeful-goal is getting into cleared-hiring pool by December, but I have been looking for part-time or other full-time work just in case it takes longer.

Edited by user Thursday, August 20, 2020 4:24:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added info for clarity

ringslider  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 5:36:53 PM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Congratulations! Now, I could be wrong, but you guys have a whole year ahead of you.

I went to a hiring event back in Dec 2016. I had to do the drug test, BI, SF-86, whole enchilada and was cleared in Oct 2017 and placed in the hiring pool. I've been waiting that long.

The career fields that you choose has their own hiring managers who decide who they want.

Just go thru the pipeline, keep working, take classes, do whatever you got to do to stay busy until this phase is done. That's my advice.

Good luck.
thanks 1 user thanked ringslider for this useful post.
rebels8 on 8/22/2020(UTC)
CWilliams81  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 6:10:28 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ringslider Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations! Now, I could be wrong, but you guys have a whole year ahead of you.

I went to a hiring event back in Dec 2016. I had to do the drug test, BI, SF-86, whole enchilada and was cleared in Oct 2017 and placed in the hiring pool. I've been waiting that long.

The career fields that you choose has their own hiring managers who decide who they want.

Just go thru the pipeline, keep working, take classes, do whatever you got to do to stay busy until this phase is done. That's my advice.

Good luck.

Wow so you've been in the hiring pool for almost three years?

Can someone just stay in the hiring pool indefinitely until everyone in the pool gets hired? Or is there a point where they dump the list and start over? You'd think the BI would expire after a while...
imperatortom  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 7:10:04 AM(UTC)
imperatortom

United States

Can someone just stay in the hiring pool indefinitely until everyone in the pool gets hired? Or is there a point where they dump the list and start over? You'd think the BI would expire after a while...

It is possible depending on which career field. If you take a gander at the "BI, Adjudicaton, FO" forum, you'll see people in like Mission Management waiting that long because their are not a lot of opportunities. Also, as it states in their Congrats email, they reserve the right to remove you if you haven't progresses after a year but I have not heard anyone say that that's a reason for their removal.

My belief is that they are happy to have people in the hiring pool as long as they are proving Career Field with updates on their resume.
someoldguy  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 1:49:56 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 945 time(s) in 794 post(s)
The good news is that once your clearance is final, it shows up in JPAS and potential employers can see it. A couple of folks on here have gotten cleared jobs this way; I think one guy eventually did get a job with DIA.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
ringslider  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 11:53:14 AM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 65 post(s)

Good luck.

Wow so you've been in the hiring pool for almost three years?

As I stated before, you got to keep yourself busy and every 3 to 6 months, update your resume and send it in again.

I don't know what they do there or how they hire. My advice is once thet grant you the clearance, use it to the fullest.
LDomino  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 11:56:45 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
The good news is that once your clearance is final, it shows up in JPAS and potential employers can see it. A couple of folks on here have gotten cleared jobs this way; I think one guy eventually did get a job with DIA.

Does this mean that once you are in the pool your clearance is active, or merely that you are nearly eligible? My impression was that the clearance is not active until you have accepted a position and been read-in on the mission. Assuming the former would it be possible to crossover to another cleared position without actually starting at DIA?
someoldguy  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 1:09:58 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

You are correct in that your clearance is not 'active' until you are briefed, which happens during orientation; however, you do have ELIGIBILITY to be briefed, and that is what shows up in JPAS (which is now called DISS?). I probably should not have said 'your clearance is final' but something like 'your adjudication is final.'

So it is possible to get a job requiring a clearance without starting at DIA. I don't know if this is possible with other IC agencies who may not put your eligibility info into a widely accessible database, even after you are briefed.
rebels8  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 11:29:17 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 178 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Good luck.

I forgot. What's the career field you received a CJO for? Is it HUMINT?
#MMlivesmatter
lushmeadow  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 7:24:00 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You are correct in that your clearance is not 'active' until you are briefed, which happens during orientation; however, you do have ELIGIBILITY to be briefed, and that is what shows up in JPAS (which is now called DISS?). I probably should not have said 'your clearance is final' but something like 'your adjudication is final.'

So it is possible to get a job requiring a clearance without starting at DIA. I don't know if this is possible with other IC agencies who may not put your eligibility info into a widely accessible database, even after you are briefed.

Thanks for the info! For some weird reason I thought it was labeled as 'active'. I'm currently waiting for my clearance and plan on working in the private sector (once ajudicated favorably) as I wait in the hiring pool for a call. Any reccomendations on how to put my clearance on my resume?

lushmeadow  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 7:25:57 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: imperatortom Go to Quoted Post
Congrats, Im in the ACF side. Interested to hear people from the ACF if they have contact you after submitted the initial paperwork. I have not been contacted for the drug test yet. This is my second time going through the process so they have all of my background info already so hopefully I hear back from them quickly.

ACF?
someoldguy  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 10:56:41 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: lushmeadow Go to Quoted Post
Any reccomendations on how to put my clearance on my resume?
As a matter of fact, yes:

Quote:
Cleared for Top Secret Information and granted access to Sensitive Compartmented Information based on a Single Scope Background Investigation completed on [date]

I guess you can just leave out the part about 'granted access'

That's an official statement taken from some unclassified DoD publication

thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
ringslider on 8/25/2020(UTC)
Cato42  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 8:41:42 AM(UTC)
Cato42

I also received a CJO for ACF, along with MM. I would prefer ACF. I haven't been contacted for a drug test yet either. I was contacted to submit an SF86C - updating information from my last clearance investigation. I'm a current federal employee working at a Combatant Command overseas and already have an active TS/SCI clearance.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience going this route? Will I have to travel back to the Central Processing Center (CPC) to do the pre-employment screenings, even though I already have the required clearance? I'm hoping it doesn't take that long to get into the hiring pool.
imperatortom  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:23:27 AM(UTC)
imperatortom

United States

Originally Posted by: Cato42 Go to Quoted Post
I'm wondering if anyone has experience going this route? Will I have to travel back to the Central Processing Center (CPC) to do the pre-employment screenings, even though I already have the required clearance? I'm hoping it doesn't take that long to get into the hiring pool.

I am currently going through this route and I am already in the Hiring Pool 2 weeks after the CJO. I also just did my drug test. Unsure if you have a CI poly or not but if you do not have it then you'll have to go to CPC.

If 30 days has passed since your CJO and you have not been contacted by a drug testing company, then refer to your CJO email on who to contact. It will list the company and the Agency office.
Cato42  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 11:08:19 AM(UTC)
Cato42

I am currently going through this route and I am already in the Hiring Pool 2 weeks after the CJO. I also just did my drug test. Unsure if you have a CI poly or not but if you do not have it then you'll have to go to CPC.

If 30 days has passed since your CJO and you have not been contacted by a drug testing company, then refer to your CJO email on who to contact. It will list the company and the Agency office.

Ok good to know. I have a little bit longer before the 30 days to reach out about doing the drug test. Do you receive an official, "you're in the hiring pool" email? I don't have a CI poly, I'm assuming you already had one?
imperatortom  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 11:37:51 AM(UTC)
imperatortom

United States

Ok good to know. I have a little bit longer before the 30 days to reach out about doing the drug test. Do you receive an official, "you're in the hiring pool" email?

Yup, ACF formally notifies you when you are in Hiring Pool.

LDomino  
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 3:40:19 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Interesting, thanks. Since you seem to be a knowledgeable dude, any idea why DIA only uses the CI poly instead of the FSP? Seems like lacking it would make it difficult to work with the other Three-Letters
someoldguy  
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:29:17 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post
Since you seem to be a knowledgeable dude
Dont be so easily fooled :)

Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post
any idea why DIA only uses the CI poly instead of the FSP?
No idea. I guess they figure it is sufficient. Don't give them any ideas :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed