Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lexipooh  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2020 2:54:43 PM(UTC)
Lexipooh

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Is it normal to have the same claim examiner throughout your career if you get IOD? I looked back over the past 10 years of my career and I have always had the same person. Additionally, if you do a reconsideration and the agency does not respond to request for information what usually happens with your case? Is it informally closed automatically? I have soo many questions.
jesse slade  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2020 6:54:16 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 133 post(s)
It's not unheard of to have the same CE for the life of a claim.

Even if the agency doesn't respond, OWCP continues to process the reconsideration. It doesn't affect anything if they don't respond.
Lexipooh  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 2:50:12 PM(UTC)
Lexipooh

United States

Originally Posted by: jesse slade Go to Quoted Post
It's not unheard of to have the same CE for the life of a claim.

Even if the agency doesn't respond, OWCP continues to process the reconsideration. It doesn't affect anything if they don't respond.

Thank you. I guess I just thought in the case of a reconsideration the claim examiner number would change.

I check your blog a lot for information and you (Jesse Slade)have very useful information. But, I was told by the claim examiner, the new San Antonio address for OWCP DOL could not handle the large volume of mail it was receiving and they are using London, KY again with a new P.O. Box number. Have you received any information concerning this?

Edited by user Friday, September 4, 2020 2:50:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jesse slade  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 9:36:59 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 133 post(s)
Okay, that's different. While you may have the same CE for the life of your claim, a reconsideration must be done by a Senior CE, not your regular CE.

I haven't heard anything about the change back to London, KY, but they never notified claimants of the change to San Antonio and there was no big announcement, it was just sort of a blurb. Whether they get mail at one address or another, it's still the same amount of mail. It's OWCP, who knows what's going through their heads over there.
Lexipooh  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 8:20:34 AM(UTC)
Lexipooh

United States

Originally Posted by: jesse slade Go to Quoted Post
Okay, that's different. While you may have the same CE for the life of your claim, a reconsideration must be done by a Senior CE, not your regular CE.

I haven't heard anything about the change back to London, KY, but they never notified claimants of the change to San Antonio and there was no big announcement, it was just sort of a blurb. Whether they get mail at one address or another, it's still the same amount of mail. It's OWCP, who knows what's going through their heads over there.

Yes, I said the same thing. No one informed me (after mailing documents) that the address was different. I make sure that I use ECOMP for everything I submit now. I do not trust mailing ANYHING. As for as claims. I have over 7 different injuries and they all have the same CEID. I do remember going through reconsideration on at least two, and I still had the same CEID number. But, they said the Senior CE was a different person. You are correct! Who Knows?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed