Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
XFed77  
#41 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 9:33:31 AM(UTC)
XFed77

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: whoanotcool Go to Quoted Post
I am located in the NorthEast. I have not received an email yet, but she did say she would follow up.

Thank You for your response!

I wish you the best in your Interview!

Nick

@TheBADGUY  
#42 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 6:20:24 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

I received a call today and they scheduled an interview for mid November. I applied for only one location in Southern California, I asked the person who called me and they stated to let them know in my interview for what city I'm interested in.

Wish me luck :)
XFed77  
#43 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 9:16:05 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: @TheBADGUY Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone,

I received a call today and they scheduled an interview for mid November. I applied for only one location in Southern California, I asked the person who called me and they stated to let them know in my interview for what city I'm interested in.

Thanks for sharing!

Interesting that you only applied for one location and they asked you which city you're interested in. It seems there are many opportunities over there. That's good.

Monday will be 2 weeks since they referred me and said that I might get an interview within 2 weeks. So, I'm guessing that if I don't get an interview it means they moved on... I guess I'll continue applying.

I wish you the best! Let us know how it goes!

Nick

@TheBADGUY  
#44 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 12:04:26 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

United States

Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing!

Interesting that you only applied for one location and they asked you which city you're interested in. It seems there are many opportunities over there. That's good.

Monday will be 2 weeks since they referred me and said that I might get an interview within 2 weeks. So, I'm guessing that if I don't get an interview it means they moved on... I guess I'll continue applying.

Nick

Thank you!!!

It's a phone interview and I'm nervous I've never done a phone interview. The person who called me was really nice, he let me know to have pen and paper ready because they might ask me some math questions, which made me even more nervous because I suck at math and need my time to solve any equation.

I'll keep you updated!
XFed77  
#45 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 2:05:06 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing!

Nick

Thank you!!!

It's a phone interview and I'm nervous I've never done a phone interview. The person who called me was really nice, he let me know to have pen and paper ready because they might ask me some math questions, which made me even more nervous because I suck at math and need my time to solve any equation.

I'll keep you updated!

I was called today to set up a phone interview. Today was the last day of the 2 week period they had indicated on the referral.

I guess I made this cut.

I wish everyone the best!

Nick

thanks 1 user thanked XFed77 for this useful post.
@TheBADGUY on 11/12/2020(UTC)
Rs99  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:39:35 AM(UTC)
Rs99

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good afternoon all,

I was called yesterday to setup an interview for today. I have to say I was a bit nervous as well as it is a phone interview. Fingers crossed!
thanks 1 user thanked Rs99 for this useful post.
@TheBADGUY on 11/12/2020(UTC)
@TheBADGUY  
#47 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 6:44:47 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

United States

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing!

Nick

Thank you!!!

I'll keep you updated!

I was called today to set up a phone interview. Today was the last day of the 2 week period they had indicated on the referral.

I guess I made this cut.

I wish everyone the best!

Nick

Congrats!!!! keep us updated :)
NoLongerWaiting...  
#48 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 1:38:33 PM(UTC)
NoLongerWaiting...

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I finally got my selected email for the RA position. As an internal applicant is there anything else I have to do between now and the EOD 02/14/2021?
XFed77  
#49 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 7:45:30 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

I had my interview for the TCO last week.

They said it can take a few weeks for us to know, either way.

Let's see what happens.

Good luck to all!

Nick

Papoose79  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 2:57:48 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I just posted in another area, but has anyone heard anything from TCO Interviews from the last week or so?

I interviewed for TCO this past Wednesday and received an email yesterday requesting a ranking for my selected areas.

Hopefully I get picked this time, because last year all sorts of things were going on. I actually ended up accepting an ITAS position in Northern Cali, just to get back in IRS, and to leave Colorado! Lol

Hopefully I get picked for these hard to come by Cali areas!
XFed77  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 3:58:33 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post
I just posted in another area, but has anyone heard anything from TCO Interviews from the last week or so?

I interviewed for TCO this past Wednesday and received an email yesterday requesting a ranking for my selected areas.

Hopefully I get picked this time, because last year all sorts of things were going on. I actually ended up accepting an ITAS position in Northern Cali, just to get back in IRS, and to leave Colorado! Lol

Hi,

I interviewed over 2 weeks ago for a position in the Midwest as an external and haven't heard anything.

Most internals have been given a Tentative Offer to start February/March, but of course, they interviewed before you did.

Waiting to see when Externals start getting TOs.

Good luck to you.

Nick

Papoose79  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 6:01:05 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

I interviewed over 2 weeks ago for a position in the Midwest as an external and haven't heard anything.

Most internals have been given a Tentative Offer to start February/March, but of course, they interviewed before you did.

Waiting to see when Externals start getting TOs.

Good luck to you.

Nick

Yes it came up during the reschedule that no one told the scheduler I was internal and that it was an important fact. They may not have known because I was just returning from furlough, but I doubt if that was it either.

I can say during the interview they knew I was internal and actually went a little old school with discussing my resume, old jobs and educational background and then asked how does it relate to a TCO, before asking me the situational questions.

I think I did well because yes my work experiences are all over the place! I've been a legal assistant/ Paralegal, Social Worker, and then back to IRS. My degrees are AS in Paralegal Studies, BS in Criminal Justice, and a Master in Public Administration. I can truly say I did well tying all those degrees and job experiences to TCO because one of the panelists mentioned "wow good answer for that!" Lol

I actually had fun with the interview so if I don't get picked it's ok, I'll just keep trying! Lol California is a hard place to get in to anyway.

Good luck to you as well!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed