Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lexipooh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 11:07:10 AM(UTC)
Lexipooh

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I called today to try and get an update on the status on my case and found that the number is now changed. I was a little leery because a few days prior I saw that every CEID for all the cases that I have ever had were changed. What does this mean?
jesse slade  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 2:04:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
As a claimant, you should have received a letter notifying you of recent changes. Here's what the letter said:

Effective 09/28/2020, you can electronically receive and respond to letters from OWCP directly through your ECOMP Dashboard.

If OWCP sends you a letter requiring a response, it will now appear in your ECOMP dashboard under the “Action Required” tab. You can respond online and attach documents to your response.

A video tutorial is also available in ECOMP’s Help Menu under User Guides / Injured Worker / Introduction.

If OWCP sends you an informational-only letter, it will only appear in your Case View, which you cannot access from your dashboard. To access your Case View, you must click on the case number from your dashboard.

The second change also takes effect today, September 28, 2020, when OWCP will start using 202-513-6860 as the sole telephone number where you can reach them from 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday (except for federal holidays).

This new voice line will replace the current 12 FECA district office telephone numbers and provide you direct access to your assigned Claims Examiner.

Enter your FECA case number when prompted by the system and you will be routed directly to your assigned Claims Examiner.

As a result of this change, effective today, September 28, 2020, your case may be transferred to a different Claims Examiner.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Lexipooh on 10/1/2020(UTC)
Lexipooh  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 7:04:17 AM(UTC)
Lexipooh

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Jesse, thank you so much for that information. I FINALLY found my letter on the site. It was in the "Letter" section on my dashboard. They had the wrong date of injury on it but, I did find it. My claim has been under reconsideration for a while and It seems like a lot of restructuring is happening. Time deadlines should remain the same, hopefully. Again thanks! Oh! Did you see my question about the old CEID case numbers. I had the same claim examiner number for all of my cases up until 2020 (various injuries over time). Now they are all different and the last one has 3 digits. Should I be worried?

Edited by user Thursday, October 1, 2020 7:57:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jesse slade  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 9:39:01 AM(UTC)

You may have been assigned a new CE. OWCP may be changing the way CE's are identified.
bugaboo1023  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 6:28:02 AM(UTC)
bugaboo1023

I've not received any such letter, surprise surprise! I have been burning up the phone to my CE and not 1 word was said, oh well. Does this mean that no hard copy paperwork is being sent out? Not everyone has the ability to scan and fax from home, I have to find a place and pay for it and hope it goes thru!
Cutie LaSalle  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:47:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Well....I received my denial letter today. I guess you are right Jesse, they are changing the way they are identifying the CE’s. THEY ARE NOT IDENTIFIED AT ALL! My claim is not signed. It is written unprofessionally citing information from ECAB decisions of 1993 and 2002. 😳
jesse slade  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 11:02:29 AM(UTC)

If you have a QR scanner on your phone, there should be a QR code on your letter. If you scan that code, it should contain your CE's name.
Cutie LaSalle  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 5:07:32 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Wow! Technology is wonderful! Thanks! Now who do I contact about my IOD. They have the wrong date. 🙄
Rss Feed  Atom Feed