Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rmebratt2011  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 6:35:12 PM(UTC)
Rmebratt2011

Groups: Registered
United States

Who all applied to the IRS posting for Recent Grads for Investigative Analyst in the CI Unit? Or if anyone who currently works for IRS has some (any) info regarding the day to day duties or any other info you think is helpful/insightful.
WG15  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 5:38:16 PM(UTC)
WG15

Man
United States

I applied but have not heard back yet.
usmcarmory  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 7:35:25 AM(UTC)
usmcarmory

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am currently working as an IA. The current day-to-day is unique at the moment since we are working from home. However, for duties you will be going over a lot of financial and tax data and developing research summaries of your findings. You will be using a lot of different databases to compile information for your reports. You also support the special agents with research they need for cases. There is a lot more, and it could differ between whether you're at the field office level or somewhere else. I hope this answers your question.
Rmebratt2011  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 10:56:20 AM(UTC)
Rmebratt2011

United States

Thank you usmcarmory! How long have u been an IA? Do you have any info how the hiring process will work for this listing since it is via pathways/recent grad posting?
teeeeej  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 4:40:48 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 67 post(s)
What is the ladder for IA? I haven't seen a lot of job announcements.
usmcarmory  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 5:16:57 PM(UTC)
usmcarmory

United States

I have been an IA for less than a year. The hiring process was very frustrating. It took altogether from applying to first-day, 18 months. My USAJOBS status changed to referred within a few months of applying. After that I didn't hear anything for around nine months. I had honestly forgotten about it, until I received an email asking if I was still interested. I responded that I was, and received another email several months later for an interview. It took two more months to receive a tentative offer. I received a final offer three months later. Once I accepted it took three more months until I actually showed up to work for the first day. While waiting those last three months I did my drug test and fingerprinting. My suggestion is to keep applying to other positions while you wait to hear back.

usmcarmory  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 5:21:07 PM(UTC)
usmcarmory

United States

The career ladder for an IA stops at GS-11. You can come on board as a GS-7/9/11.If you come on board as a GS-7/9, you will be promoted to the next level after 52 weeks in grade. Once you hit GS-11, you will need to apply GS-12 positions if you want to move up to the next grade.
FEDSG@CAL18  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 2:52:47 PM(UTC)
FEDSG@CAL18

United States

Hi, I have an upcoming interview for the above mentioned positioned in the FO division of CI. Are they still in telework mode? if after the telework, do you often go the the field to work or mostly work on existing cases at the office? How is the promotion, is it automatic after 52 wks from the level you were hired? if I am currently GS-9 right now and already had 52 wks as GS-9 and I accept a GS-7 position, will they promote you after considering the weeks you were in GS-9?

Thank you for your time if you can answer my questions.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed