Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Medicare and Health Care

*This is a non-medical board. This site shall not be used to seek professional, medical or legal consultation.

Medicare is health insurance for people age 65 or older, under age 65 with certain disabilities, and any age person with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). There are many different parts to Medicare; with all of these options, it can be confusing.

This forum will allow members to share their experience with medicare and seek advice* on certain medicare-related situations.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
swoc$op  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 5:44:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Have FEHB BC/BS Basic. Have been using local pharmacy for drug prescriptions. Would mail order be cheaper?
ex-military  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 4:42:54 AM(UTC)
ex-military

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Originally Posted by: swoc$op Go to Quoted Post
Have FEHB BC/BS Basic. Have been using local pharmacy for drug prescriptions. Would mail order be cheaper?

It could be. My wife and I take multiple meds. We looked at costs and for most of our Rx, mail order was cheaper by far. In a few cases, the local pharmacy was cheaper. Keep in mind when you number crunch, mail order costs are for a 90 day supply, typically you only get a 30 day supply locally.
HoosierDaddy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 6:41:22 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 63 post(s)
FEHB BC/BS Basic members can use the mail order pharmacy only when they have Medicare Part B as their primary insurance.
You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG29PVMtAWE
GSBS  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 2:11:21 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 344 time(s) in 298 post(s)
Originally Posted by: swoc$op Go to Quoted Post

I just picked up a 90-day supply of Soma, and for the heck of it I priced it at GoodRX. Using my insurance cost me 100% more, twice as much. Makes one wonder?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed