Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DEA

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Justice, tasked with combating drug smuggling and use within the United States. Not only is the DEA the lead agency for domestic enforcement of the drug policy of the United States sharing concurrent jurisdiction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it also has sole responsibility for coordinating and pursuing U.S. drug investigations abroad.

Perhaps you are working for the DEA or interested in working for the DEA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DEA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blaineshoney  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 5:43:08 AM(UTC)
blaineshoney

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey, new to the forum. Also new to applying for "intelligence agencies" but I am a current federal employee. Reading some past posts about this position, it seems like it takes months and months to get anywhere, is this still true or have they improved the processing time? I know the job closed a day early due to reaching the 5000 applications, but I've not heard a peep since receiving my initial testing link. I'm used to "slow" but this is sloooooowww... Thanks y'all!
PAGeek  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 6:24:13 PM(UTC)
PAGeek

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It does take some time. I applied to the IRS position back in Sept of 2019. Sometimes next steps were months, other times 6 months+. I got my CJO on Sept 3 this year and my most recent comms has been a drug test acknowledgment doc on Sept 21. Waiting for next steps, but I’m patient with it all. It’s been a unique year. Best of luck with everything!
thanks 1 user thanked PAGeek for this useful post.
blaineshoney on 10/9/2020(UTC)
AintitJay  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 4:06:10 PM(UTC)
AintitJay

United States

Application Update: Was notified today via email for a scheduled WebEx interview. Best of luck everyone.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 14, 2020 4:07:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked AintitJay for this useful post.
blaineshoney on 10/14/2020(UTC)
sparta1  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 11:29:47 AM(UTC)
sparta1

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey guys, so first off good luck to you guys/gals in the pipeline, and patience, believe me I waited 2 years only to not get chosen. I wanted to see if you guys had some insight into why I haven’t gotten any correspondence for this announcement, I emailed them but no reply. I remember on the application I put that I had already gone thru the process before (interview, poly, background, etc), so that might play a factor?
thanks 1 user thanked sparta1 for this useful post.
blaineshoney on 1/28/2021(UTC)
blaineshoney  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 8:21:17 AM(UTC)
blaineshoney

United States

I haven't heard anything either. I've not tried to email anyone, but it still says Reviewing Applications or whatever on USAJobs. Not that that means anything, I have jobs with the VA that say that too, and I know the person was selected and hired last year, soooo................. No idea.
thanks 1 user thanked blaineshoney for this useful post.
sparta1 on 1/31/2021(UTC)
sparta1  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 1:58:44 PM(UTC)
sparta1

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yea it’s definitely gonna be a waiting game again. Same here there are jobs that I didn’t get referred to from years ago that still say Reviewing Applications, so it might be an outdated system, who knows anymore lol.
But if I hear anything I’ll post back here for sure
thanks 1 user thanked sparta1 for this useful post.
blaineshoney on 1/31/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed