Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bugaboo1023  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 12:34:54 PM(UTC)
bugaboo1023

Groups: Registered

I was notified suddenly that my OWCP Dr. Was retiring and closing the office last month. I contacted 9 Dr's office's within 40 miles of my home. I finally found 1 that said they accepted OWCP. I notified my case manager immediately by phone and was told to fax the new Dr name, address, and phone number which I did. I further told the case manager that the Dr's office required authorization from OWCP, I was told that something would be faxed to them. I show up for my appointment today and NOTHING has come from OWCP. I attempt to call them, but it's 9:00 and they don't open till 9:30. The Dr agrees to see me anyway. As I leave I am told that I need to have OWCP fax a C9 before I can be seen again! I call my case manager as soon as I return home and she says a C9 is a state form not a federal form and that she will send authorization in the mail today. I asked specifically this Dr office "DO YOU ACCEPT FEDERAL WORKER'S COMP"!! So now do I have a Dr's office who ignored the word FEEDERAL or do they just not know what they are doing? If the FEDERAL part was ignored, then I'm back a square 1 with no Dr. With in 40 of me. I have a CA1032 due this month and they have ALWAYS asked for a medical narrative!! Also I told my case manager that as of today the 1032 has not arrived. She told me to give it to the end of the month because alot of people haven't been receiving them! So I don't know what I'm supposed to do at this point, how far do I have to search for a Dr. if this one has messed up and really won't accept OWCP after I was told they did and provided the info to OWCP? I am between a mountain and a mountain! Can anyone give some insight to this mess?
VW1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:23:25 PM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This is just my opinion as I could be wrong about this doctor. If you told them it was Federal workers' comp and they instructed you to have your claims examiner send them a C9 it is clear to me, they have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to OWCP. I am sure you already know how difficult it is to deal with OWCP and it will become even more difficult if you have a doctor that doesn't know how to deal with them. Even if they do accept injured Federal workers it appears, they are clueless about OWCP. My concern for you is the fact that specific information is required in the reports from your doctor and there is a legitimate concern for you that his/her reports will not be sufficient. Here is a link you can go to so you can do a provider search for doctors that are already authorized by OWCP to treat injured Federal workers. Good luck.

https://owcpmed.dol.gov/portal/provider/search
bugaboo1023  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:46:06 PM(UTC)
bugaboo1023

Thank you for the reply! I share the same concerns, they don't know what they are doing. I attempted a search and there are just no doctors within 50 miles of my home that I can find. At this juncture I don't know which way to turn!!!
VW1  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:56:28 PM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It appears that you live in a rural area, and if that is the case and there aren't any authorized providers within a 50-mile radius, OWCP will have to authorize you seeing a doctor outside the 50-mile radius if you want to be fully reimbursed for your mileage. If you don't care about being reimbursed for your mileage over the 100-miles you would travel roundtrip, then you wouldn't need OWCP authorization to see the doctor. I personally think that you should try and find a doctor that is close as possible to you and if it is over 50 miles away, you will just have to show OWCP that there aren't any authorized providers closer to you so you will get fully reimbursed.
bugaboo1023  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 1:05:32 PM(UTC)
bugaboo1023

Again, thank you. I certainly hope in light of the circumstances being beyond my control that I will be allowed a reasonable accommodation to supply the medical narrative.
bugaboo1023  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 12:38:56 PM(UTC)
bugaboo1023

I have now had 2 doctor's who both insist that they accept FEDERAL WORKER'S COMP tell me that I must provide to them a form C9! This form clearly states at the top OHIO Worker's Comp!!! What is going on? Please someone tell me what to do, OWCP is of no help of course.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed