Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aardvark  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:12:31 AM(UTC)
Aardvark

Groups: Registered
United States

I was just curious on how the PFT is completed in winter months of the northern/colder states. Will the PFT still take place outside when it’s 0- 30 degrees or will the test take place indoors/postponed until a warmer day comes?
GSBS  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:44:49 AM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 286 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aardvark Go to Quoted Post
I was just curious on how the PFT is completed in winter months of the northern/colder states. Will the PFT still take place outside when it’s 0- 30 degrees or will the test take place indoors/postponed until a warmer day comes?
You've been asking about the PFT for 2 years now?

Aardvark  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:49:54 AM(UTC)
Aardvark

United States

Originally Posted by: GSBS Go to Quoted Post
You've been asking about the PFT for 2 years now?

I passed the PFT last year, got to the interview portion and didn’t go as I hoped. Spent some time working on bettering my PFT score and interview skills and am reapplying. I am reapplying at a different time of the year which would likely have me take the PFT in some of the coldest months of my state. So, I want to be as prepared as possible going into this the second and last time.

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:50:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jeff223344  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 11:40:22 AM(UTC)
Jeff223344

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I want to say you might have the option to wait. Like if you have a year and they schedule you for February, you can just tell them you'd rather wait until the next test they have. I overheard the applicant coordinator telling someone who did not pass they would be put on the monthly email list and only to respond yes when they felt ready but it still had to be within the allowed time frame. I'm pretty sure they also said, at this particular field office, they run the tests every month until the weather gets really bad. My guess would be January / February they only run if someone asks and their clock is about to expire, otherwise they run 9-10 per year.
Hawkeye25  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 1:39:37 PM(UTC)
Hawkeye25

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I know my office has an indoor location they in the winter. Not sure what specific weather will make them move it indoors.
FBItoHRT  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 5:03:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
For the colder months, I use compression running pants. Basically think of yoga pants. I buy them a size up since I am using them just for the warmth, not for the restrictive compression. I also wear normal jogging shorts over these so no one sees my mammoth junk flailing about. Gloves and running ski mask also help. This isn't difficult, just google cold weather running and you will get all the stuff you need.
1995JeepCherokee  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 9:11:39 PM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FBItoHRT Go to Quoted Post
For the colder months, I use compression running pants. Basically think of yoga pants. I buy them a size up since I am using them just for the warmth, not for the restrictive compression. I also wear normal jogging shorts over these so no one sees my mammoth junk flailing about. Gloves and running ski mask also help. This isn't difficult, just google cold weather running and you will get all the stuff you need.

I get the idea most, if not all, (male) SA applicants have to struggle with mammoth junk. On behalf of everyone, thank you for the tip.

I might also have to check out one of these running ski masks to help with my cold face. I always run at night so further scaring the ***** out of the 1 or 2 random people I see will just be a bonus.
thanks 1 user thanked 1995JeepCherokee for this useful post.
Space_C0wb0y on 11/3/2020(UTC)
Hawkeye25  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 4:11:09 PM(UTC)
Hawkeye25

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Is this person an actual SA applicant or one of those people who just troll the threads?
FBItoHRT  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:06:53 AM(UTC)

I assure you that my junk is quite mammoth.

Just ask your mother

further evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEKb9Ktqhc

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:11:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1995JeepCherokee  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 8:04:04 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hawkeye25 Go to Quoted Post

Is this person an actual SA applicant or one of those people who just troll the threads?

amazingly enough he seems to be real
FBItoHRT  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 9:07:16 AM(UTC)

UserPostedImage
Nola504  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 3:01:05 PM(UTC)
Nola504

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 14 post(s)

if you're at quantico between december - march, you'll be expected to take your PFT as scheduled unless the base is shut down. If there is snow on the track, they'll plow the street and you'll do your 300 and 1.5 mile on the street.

Train outside, get used to it, and be prepared for Q.
FBItoHRT  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 6:11:35 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Nola504 Go to Quoted Post

if you're at quantico between december - march, you'll be expected to take your PFT as scheduled unless the base is shut down. If there is snow on the track, they'll plow the street and you'll do your 300 and 1.5 mile on the street.

whoaaa does this mean that 300m is in a straight line?

edit: what about the 1.5m? For pacing, I need to be told every lap (6x) what my current time is.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 17, 2020 8:20:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GhostyBoy  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:28:45 AM(UTC)
GhostyBoy

United States

That then leads to the question of what shuts the base down? I'm an upstate New Yorker, so school was open for anything less than a foot of snow an hour (sustained), but I've been in VA/MD area where they declared a state of emergency for 2" anticipated overnight.

Besides, the cold just builds character, right?
App & P1 12/19
M&G 1/20
P2W 2/20
P2I 5/20
CJO/BI/86 6/20
Poly 7/20
Med 8/20
Adj/Pre-Q 10/20
Goal 1/21
GhostyBoy  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:33:12 AM(UTC)
GhostyBoy

United States

edit: what about the 1.5m? For pacing, I need to be told every lap (6x) what my current time is.

I've been training on an indoor 1/8th mile track (200m) and was really uncomfortable with my 300m sprint times for a while - those turns really add seconds on. Took my test on a 'normal' 400m track and ran it almost 8 seconds faster than my indoor times last week. I'd love a straight sprint option. I used to be at a base that allowed you to take your 1.5 mile run in a straight line and put my best times on those runs - but I had a watch and could pace myself. I can't imagine having no reference (by observer or watch) and not feeling impending doom the entire run.

Maybe that's their trick - put the fear of survival in you to in order to up the passing score rates for the class?

App & P1 12/19
M&G 1/20
P2W 2/20
P2I 5/20
CJO/BI/86 6/20
Poly 7/20
Med 8/20
Adj/Pre-Q 10/20
Goal 1/21
Nola504  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:05:47 AM(UTC)
Nola504

United States

yes, your 300 m is straight in the street, and the street has a slight incline, so you'll run up.
If youre running in the street, you wont find out your time until you complete the 1.5 mile, no split times. However, when I went through, everyone was setting PR's on the 1.5 mile run because everyone was pushing themselves more since no one knew where we would turn around or what our time was at.

As far as when does the base get shut down, it will get shut down for snow/icy roads, but those are few and far between. And remember, if the base gets shutdown, you'll be making up a workday on the weekend so almost better to just keep it open.
FBItoHRT  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:50:37 AM(UTC)

If youre running in the street, you wont find out your time until you complete the 1.5 mile, no split times. However, when I went through, everyone was setting PR's on the 1.5 mile run because everyone was pushing themselves more since no one knew where we would turn around or what our time was at.

let me guess, no stopwatches are allowed?
Nola504  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:42:04 PM(UTC)
Nola504

United States

no you cannot wear watches or jewelry during your PFT or any PT/DT during Q.
FBItoHRT  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:43:48 PM(UTC)

techinically its not jewelry, its a counting device.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed  Atom Feed