Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Carrielove123  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 10:27:55 PM(UTC)
Carrielove123

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I started working for government in 2001 in Federal Law Enforcement

Started having medical problems in 2010 after discrimination etc.

In 2013, I was diagnosed with Depressive Disorder; In 2014, In 2018, i was diagnosed by the Stanbro health Group with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. In 2019, he was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and with Bipolar 2 Disorder.

2018, Agency gave a fit for duty and terminated me.

Application to OPM was successfully delivered on Friday July 24, 2020.

Claim number mailed on 9/22/20

Application approved on 11/2/20
thanks 2 users thanked Carrielove123 for this useful post.
GSBS on 11/6/2020(UTC), Unna1210 on 11/14/2020(UTC)
Unna1210  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 2:17:51 PM(UTC)
Unna1210

United States

Congratulations on your retirement. It sucks you had deal with those things as a LEO. Take care!
Carrielove123  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 3:09:47 PM(UTC)
Carrielove123

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Update on Disability Retirement

As stated earlier, was approved on 11/2/20

I got contacted by OPM on 11/13/20 Advising they needed Last Day Of Pay paperwork.

Contacted agency on same day by email and phone. (No response)

Contacted Agency on 11/18/20 finally phone answered by Human Resources. Human Resources Representative was uncooperative and told me no one has contacted them by mail, email or phone. She stated they will only supply paperwork to OPM after they receive a letter of approval. She also stated that it’s not my job to retrieve paperwork for OPM and I just need to wait. I’m assuming my pending EEOC case pending decision by EEOC Administrative Judge may be the issue due her being named in the case. The only funny thing is the agency didn’t attend hearing or setup teleconference line. So I typed up a default judgement request.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed