Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AdamtheFish1983  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 9:46:54 AM(UTC)
AdamtheFish1983

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Have any of y'all noticed how hard it is to get hired by the post office?

I was a full-time regular clerk for almost 6 years, but had to resign my position because of a family emergency and I have been trying to get back on ever since. I have really good exam scores, but for every job you need to be top top scorer.

What are your thoughts about this new and "improved" way of hiring? I remember when you had to interview for the job.
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 10:38:40 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 3076 time(s) in 2452 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AdamtheFish1983 Go to Quoted Post

I was a full-time regular clerk for almost 6 years, but had to resign my position because of a family emergency and I have been trying to get back on ever since. I have really good exam scores, but for every job you need to be top top scorer.

What are your thoughts about this new and "improved" way of hiring? I remember when you had to interview for the job.

did your last form 50 state "do not rehire" or something similar?
remember you read it on an open forum

Don't be ashamed to call out the insults

Just Cause has a hard on for me

trump lost

AdamtheFish1983  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 10:41:02 AM(UTC)
AdamtheFish1983

United States

No, I left on good terms. I was offered a job, but it was for an RCA and I couldn't find a RHD vehicle so I had to pass on it.
EagleDog  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:03:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 224 post(s)

Pay no attention to postalvet.
He retired over 11 years ago and has zero knowledge or experience on today's hiring process.
He's obsessed/compelled to respond to and ruin every topic.

Be patient. Someone will come along soon with some real experience and knowledge on the topic.
Good luck on your endeavor.

p.s. A lot will vary by district/office. For example, if you applied for my office, you would have been hired by now. We've had a tremendously difficult time hiring PSE's this year. Very few apply. No one wants the job.
:
"Some retirees sure seem to not let it go--they hang out on postal sites." - Your NBA
:
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
AdamtheFish1983 on 11/21/2020(UTC)
AdamtheFish1983  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:09:03 AM(UTC)
AdamtheFish1983

United States

What office/district are you in? I live in North Carolina and I wouldn't mind leaving. I applied to 4 custodian positions in Jax, FL and a VMF clerk in Nashville. Taking the exam 710/720 on Tuesday and on my custodian exam I got a 91.6%

Edited by user Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:10:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Your NBA  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:30:09 AM(UTC)
Your NBA

Was thanked: 1599 time(s) in 1130 post(s)
Depending on how long you have been "out", perhaps you can apply for reinstatement. That would be better anyway I would think since you would be a regular. I think it might matter how long you have been gone. If you wanted to talk to human resources about options, I think the number is 877-477-3273.
thanks 1 user thanked Your NBA for this useful post.
Your NBA  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:34:53 AM(UTC)
Your NBA

My son-in-law took the custodian exam. He was upset he missed a question. With his vet pref his score was over 109 and he was top of the list. He and 2 more vets turned down the full-time day job with S/S off! 4th vet took it. He is so worthless as a custodian that he 204bs, lol. He is overpaid as a custodian and he thinks he is worth more. He has to be shamed into removing dangerous piles of leaves from the customer steps. Totally worthless, which means overqualified for 204b.
Your NBA  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:36:17 AM(UTC)
Your NBA

No offense, but we do hire supervisors off the street sometimes. I don't recommend it, but it might be an option for you.
AdamtheFish1983  
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:37:50 AM(UTC)
AdamtheFish1983

United States

Originally Posted by: Your NBA Go to Quoted Post
My son-in-law took the custodian exam. He was upset he missed a question. With his vet pref his score was over 109 and he was top of the list. He and 2 more vets turned down the full-time day job with S/S off! 4th vet took it. He is so worthless as a custodian that he 204bs, lol. He is overpaid as a custodian and he thinks he is worth more. He has to be shamed into removing dangerous piles of leaves from the customer steps. Totally worthless, which means overqualified for 204b.

Are you gonna hire for any more custodians? Where are you located?
AdamtheFish1983  
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:39:28 AM(UTC)
AdamtheFish1983

United States

No offense, but we do hire supervisors off the street sometimes. I don't recommend it, but it might be an option for you.

They have temp supervisors for hire in Florida. Thought about applying if it will lead to permanent. DO you think it will?
Your NBA  
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 12:08:56 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

They have temp supervisors for hire in Florida. Thought about applying if it will lead to permanent. DO you think it will?

They always need supervisors. Maybe it is temp due to the new regime and the unknown.

I don't anticipate any more custodian openings because our latest and greatest is not going to get the job he thinks he deserves. He should be happy to work little for so much.

We have been hiring anything that breathes as CCA for years now. And since mgmt was told by higher mgmt (whose pay was being harmed by the low retention rate) to be nice to CCAs in the hopes that they would not quit, I have noticed a lot more are staying. It seems that now mgmt won't even let them go, either. I haven't kept track since we were 3 for 14 (only because 1 of the 3 who stayed was older and wouldn't let mgmt make him quit). But I think almost all have stayed since the new edict to try to make CCAs stay came out.
postalvet  
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 1:21:41 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 3076 time(s) in 2452 post(s)
Originally Posted by: EagleDog Go to Quoted Post

Pay no attention to postalvet.
He retired over 11 years ago and has zero knowledge or experience on today's hiring process.
He's obsessed/compelled to respond to and ruin every topic.

Be patient. Someone will come along soon with some real experience and knowledge on the topic.
Good luck on your endeavor.

p.s. A lot will vary by district/office. For example, if you applied for my office, you would have been hired by now. We've had a tremendously difficult time hiring PSE's this year. Very few apply. No one wants the job.

what an assinine answer

post number 4 the first to crap on the post!!!

i know more then you will ever know dog.

Edited by user Saturday, November 21, 2020 1:23:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

remember you read it on an open forum

Don't be ashamed to call out the insults

Just Cause has a hard on for me

trump lost

Rss Feed  Atom Feed