Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Retirement Planning

Whether you are close to federal employee retirement or just starting out in your career, this is the place to share ideas with your federal colleagues on creating a secure financial foundation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.

Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 6:28:43 AM(UTC)

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/21/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4

Thanks: 1 times
Planning to retire very soon (FERS). In 2011 someone did an early retirement calculation under a VERA. She pointed out that I had 5 months working as WAE (temporary) and should ask for calculation and buy that time. Pretty sure that I did, but haven't found record of it yet. I don't see record of this in eOPF. Is there somewhere else I could find it? Thank you.
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 3:46:51 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/30/2009(UTC)
Posts: 442
United States
Location: the moral high ground

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I believe the SCD (Service Computation Date) is adjusted upon a successful buy back.

Retired July 2011
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
stub on 12/20/2020(UTC)
SD Analyst  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2020 4:22:55 PM(UTC)
SD Analyst

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,292

Thanks: 1874 times
Was thanked: 427 time(s) in 366 post(s)
You will need to make a written request to the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Specific information is needed. See this page:

Federal law [5 USC 552a(b)] requires that all requests for records and information be submitted in writing. Each request must be hand signed (in cursive) and dated (within the last year). Please identify the documents or information needed and explain the purpose of your request.

Certain basic information needed to locate civilian personnel records and to answer the request, includes:

full name used during Federal employment,
Date of birth,
Social Security Number (if applicable),
name and location of employing Federal agency
beginning and ending dates of Federal service
complete return mailing address and/or authorized return fax number

Written requests (hand signed in cursive and dated) may be mailed or faxed to:

National Personnel Records Center, Annex
1411 Boulder Boulevard
Valmeyer, IL 62295

Fax: 618-935-3014 or 618-935-3019

Please note: NPRC can not email documents due to privacy concerns. We will mail or fax copies of available records as authorized by the requester.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.038 seconds.