Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

80 Pages«<787980
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NGP  
#1581 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 1:49:43 PM(UTC)
NGP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: But_Why Go to Quoted Post
I’ve just applied and scheduled my phase I
Just have a question about 10 points 30% - will this make a difference?

If any, what VA disabilities can disqualify you? Is there a list of that

The disability is on a case by case basis, but the more issues you have, the more doctor clearances you're going to have to get. The rating amount is not the issue, but you're gonna need to demonstrate/prove that you are still able to complete the tasks necessary for the job. I escaped the service with only 10% rating for my hearing, but I'm having a difficult time getting cleared for it right now.

SlowCheetah  
#1582 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2021 11:41:56 AM(UTC)
SlowCheetah

United States

Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post

Yes this will definitely make a difference. Make sure to include the 10 pt preference in your resume and application. It could give you a leg up.
As far as disability disqualifies, im not sure what the guidelines are for that. But I've seen people on here with 90+ get through just fine. I've also seen people say they were asked to reduce their rating. So I dont know.

This may seem like a silly question- I'm curious what points you're referring to... I never received a ranking after phase 1. I was just notified that I passed. Are you referring to ranking after Phase 1?
Irish  
#1583 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2021 12:15:55 PM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SlowCheetah Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post

Yes this will definitely make a difference. Make sure to include the 10 pt preference in your resume and application. It could give you a leg up.
As far as disability disqualifies, im not sure what the guidelines are for that. But I've seen people on here with 90+ get through just fine. I've also seen people say they were asked to reduce their rating. So I dont know.

This may seem like a silly question- I'm curious what points you're referring to... I never received a ranking after phase 1. I was just notified that I passed. Are you referring to ranking after Phase 1?

It's a VA rating.
Irish  
#1584 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 9:28:08 AM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Just got confirmation. Class in December and January. Here's to hoping for December.
debellil  
#1585 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 10:01:35 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Irish Go to Quoted Post
Just got confirmation. Class in December and January. Here's to hoping for December.

Interesting. Just to clarify, your AC said both December and January are for sure? I think it’s fairly rare to have two classes back to back like that. Last I was told was December was all but confirmed and likely a February after that.
Irish  
#1586 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 10:20:29 AM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Originally Posted by: debellil Go to Quoted Post

Interesting. Just to clarify, your AC said both December and January are for sure? I think it’s fairly rare to have two classes back to back like that. Last I was told was December was all but confirmed and likely a February after that.

Correct, confirmed both class dates.
thanks 1 user thanked Irish for this useful post.
debellil on 9/20/2021(UTC)
C757A45  
#1587 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 10:32:31 AM(UTC)
C757A45

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

My AC also said HQ was planning for December, January, and possibly March.
thanks 1 user thanked C757A45 for this useful post.
debellil on 9/20/2021(UTC)
305Esquire  
#1588 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 10:45:41 AM(UTC)
305Esquire

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I can confirm December and January classes as well.
JerseyGuy  
#1589 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 10:51:42 AM(UTC)
JerseyGuy

United States

You have to remember we’re past the 20 year anniversary of 9/11. That single event is what inspired a lot of the current agents to become an agent which means most are close to if not already retiring. The agency is also growing. I’d expect there to be classes more frequently going forward

Edited by user Monday, September 20, 2021 10:52:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proteus  
#1590 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 10:57:47 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: C757A45 Go to Quoted Post

My AC also said HQ was planning for December, January, and possibly March.

Fingers crossed for March! With the BI only starting a couple weeks ago, it's probably a best case scenario for me.
livinglavidaloca  
#1591 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 11:58:58 AM(UTC)
livinglavidaloca

United States

Long-time lurker here with a question! I am a graduate student looking to apply to the special agent job posting in the future once I have more work experience. I have worn glasses for the majority of my life and with my glasses my vision is a perfect 20/20. I have seen that as long as your vision is corrected 20/20, then you will pass the vision requirement, but they only mention contact lenses for this requirement. So does anyone know if glasses are allowed at Quantico and in the job after?
Proteus  
#1592 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 12:45:14 PM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: livinglavidaloca Go to Quoted Post
Long-time lurker here with a question! I am a graduate student looking to apply to the special agent job posting in the future once I have more work experience. I have worn glasses for the majority of my life and with my glasses my vision is a perfect 20/20. I have seen that as long as your vision is corrected 20/20, then you will pass the vision requirement, but they only mention contact lenses for this requirement. So does anyone know if glasses are allowed at Quantico and in the job after?

Nope. You have to have worn soft contact lenses for at least 1 year without issue and provide proof for the medical exam.
thanks 1 user thanked Proteus for this useful post.
livinglavidaloca on 9/20/2021(UTC)
debellil  
#1593 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 2:09:29 PM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: livinglavidaloca Go to Quoted Post

Nope. You have to have worn soft contact lenses for at least 1 year without issue and provide proof for the medical exam.

According to the FBI’s application guide, it depends on your vision.

“Applicants’ distant visual acuity, corrected or uncorrected, must meet FBI standards, which are 20/20 in one eye and no worse than 20/40 in the other eye.
» Applicants with distant visual acuity greater than or equal to 20/100 require medical documentation of successful soft contact lens use for at least one year without significant problems or adverse effects.”

So if your uncorrected vision is better than 20/100, you’re good with glasses. That’s how I am.
thanks 1 user thanked debellil for this useful post.
livinglavidaloca on 9/20/2021(UTC)
ctapplicant21  
#1594 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 4:30:37 AM(UTC)
ctapplicant21

For those who are have been slotted for the December class, can you confirm if they are still requiring the 2 week quarantine before arriving at Quantico?
Jeff223344  
#1595 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 5:20:48 AM(UTC)
Jeff223344

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Question on the special agent applicant portal. It was updated for me maybe 3-4 weeks ago from the background phase to pending final offer, and it says we will email you with details once ready... Does anyone know how long that takes? Or do they start trying to assemble classes only a certain time period (ie 4 weeks) before they start?

My timeline
App 4/20
P1 4/20 pass
M/G 5/20
P2W 5/20
P2I 8/20
PFT1 /BI 10/20
Med 1/21
PFT2 4/21 pass
PFT3 7/21 pass

Rss Feed  Atom Feed