Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

99 Pages«<2526272829>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GovGuy25  
#521 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:13:00 PM(UTC)
GovGuy25

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post
Update on my personal pft testing scores.

Sit ups: 60+
300m: 44"
Push ups: 56
1.5mi Run: 11'15"

The run continues to be the hardest part, but I also feel the most confident about improved performance on test day for it, considering my routine.

I struggle on the 300M. How are you specifically training for this segment?

I start with sit ups, 3 sets aiming for 60+ within a minute for each set. Break tends to be 2-3 minutes between each set. Then I move to the 300m, once again going for 3 sets. I perform the push ups during the 5 minute break between each sprint, pushing up until I stop movement. From there I move to the 1.5mi, and finish off with a lift (squat, deadlift, bench, or vertical press). I really try to focus on maintaining less than 5 minute breaks between everything, as it gets my body used to recovering within a short period, like during the pft.

I gained a second on my 300, between my current practice 300 and my official pft. That said, I also ran the official pft 2 seconds faster than I was doing it in practice. I have also adjusted my breathing to restrict it to only using my nose, which was horrible initially, but I have found it helped me better keep pace during 300m. I was fine for the first 200m, but that last 100m always felt like death.

I hope this helps.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:17:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked GovGuy25 for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/21/2021(UTC), 1811_Z on 4/21/2021(UTC)
FutureGmen  
#522 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 2:24:01 PM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
What’s abnormal timeline for medical appointments after being notified you passed polygraph? I’m ensuring that I have both Covid doses and all other requirement vaccines.
Annino  
#523 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 2:39:27 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Here’s a question for you guys. If you’re working out at a track or somewhere outdoors and doing a mock test, how are you pinning your feet for the sit-ups?
GovGuy25  
#524 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 3:11:46 PM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Here’s a question for you guys. If you’re working out at a track or somewhere outdoors and doing a mock test, how are you pinning your feet for the sit-ups?

Look for a bench or a garbage can that is bolted down nearby.
eastwest  
#525 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 2:59:56 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Update on my personal pft testing scores.

Sit ups: 60+
300m: 44"
Push ups: 56
1.5mi Run: 11'15"

The run continues to be the hardest part, but I also feel the most confident about improved performance on test day for it, considering my routine.

I struggle on the 300M. How are you specifically training for this segment?

I was running 48~49 on the 300M, but this one workout helped tremendously and got it down to sub 46. Your body needs to be able to run at near max speed for a prolonged time. Most people start off hot and then lose too much steam. I ran 400M (1 lap) at a pace slower than my 300 max, but faster than my mile time. For instance, make a goal of running each lap at 1:45. Do this 4 times with a minute rest in between each lap. Week by week, shorten your rest to 45, 30, 15 seconds...but you can decide how fast to progress. Ideally, you should get to a point where you are breaking your mile personal record! This workout is actually for milers, but you will notice that the 300M run is nowhere as taking as it was before. You'll have strength left to really push that last 100M.
thanks 1 user thanked eastwest for this useful post.
1811_Z on 4/22/2021(UTC)
eastwest  
#526 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 3:01:30 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Sandbag...or what I did was went to a asian market and bought the large sack of rice haha.
MavMan  
#527 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:13:37 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eastwest Go to Quoted Post

Sandbag...or what I did was went to a asian market and bought the large sack of rice haha.

Well that is an interesting way to do it! I maxed out my sit ups by practicing without weighting my feet down, then when I did the pft and the sandbag was on there it was a breeze! My numbers are a little less than what y'all have to get but it could help!
TwoSevenThreeOne  
#528 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 7:46:36 AM(UTC)
TwoSevenThreeOne

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post

Well that is an interesting way to do it! I maxed out my sit ups by practicing without weighting my feet down, then when I did the pft and the sandbag was on there it was a breeze! My numbers are a little less than what y'all have to get but it could help!

Another option... Try keeping your legs in a butterfly stretch position. You won't be doing them as quick but it will definitely build muscle. The situps during PFT will feel significantly easier once your feet are being grounded.
FingersCrossedJB  
#529 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 8:05:58 AM(UTC)
FingersCrossedJB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Had my P2 Interview today, I showed up an hour early, waited in my vehicle, opened my laptop to freshen up my thoughts on what I had written down last night, brushed up on the core competencies, and practiced answering situational interview questions by myself.

Overall, It was not as bad as I thought it would be, I feel confident and do not think I did bad,

I was not nervous, I did not feel scared or anxious, I actually felt pretty calm through out the whole thing;

I did not stutter, did not say UH, UM, or had any awkward silence....It reminded me of a military promotion board.

Although,

I think I may have been a little too relaxed in my responses, but I did that somewhat on purpose so I would not sound like a robot answering questions and made my responses sound more natural;

I tried to make it interesting and engaging, which with my stories It seemed like I had their attention but I did not see them writing as much as I thought they would have been....so I hope that is not a bad thing.

On that note,

I did explicitly mentioned the words "situation", before opening with my answer to their question(s), as I continued I stated the word "my task", then gave a response, following up I stated the word "my action(s)", then elaborated on my responses leading up to that point, and made sure to definitely say, "my result(s)" before giving my closing statement.

In every STAR, I made sure to verbally say as many core competencies within my STAR responses, which for me, were almost all of them in each and every question they asked me.

I am told I should hear back early next week.

Edited by user Thursday, April 22, 2021 8:08:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked FingersCrossedJB for this useful post.
S. Florida Chick on 4/28/2021(UTC)
FutureGmen  
#530 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 8:16:08 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FingersCrossedJB Go to Quoted Post
Had my P2 Interview today, I showed up an hour early, waited in my vehicle, opened my laptop to freshen up my thoughts on what I had written down last night, brushed up on the core competencies, and practiced answering situational interview questions by myself.

Overall, It was not as bad as I thought it would be, I feel confident and do not think I did bad,

I was not nervous, I did not feel scared or anxious, I actually felt pretty calm through out the whole thing;

I did not stutter, did not say UH, UM, or had any awkward silence....It reminded me of a military promotion board.

Although,

I think I may have been a little too relaxed in my responses, but I did that somewhat on purpose so I would not sound like a robot answering questions and made my responses sound more natural;

I tried to make it interesting and engaging, which with my stories It seemed like I had their attention but I did not see them writing as much as I thought they would have been....so I hope that is not a bad thing.

On that note,

I did explicitly mentioned the words "situation", before opening with my answer to their question(s), as I continued I stated the word "my task", then gave a response, following up I stated the word "my action(s)", then elaborated on my responses leading up to that point, and made sure to definitely say, "my result(s)" before giving my closing statement.

In every STAR, I made sure to verbally say as many core competencies within my STAR responses, which for me, were almost all of them in each and every question they asked me.

🤞🏾 you should hear back within 7-10 business days. Sounds like you did great. 75% of phase II is the interview
thanks 1 user thanked FutureGmen for this useful post.
FingersCrossedJB on 4/22/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#531 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 8:21:50 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

What is the most recent FBIJOBSDONOTREPLY email yall have received and where are you in the process? I just got the ONE Training email...
eastwest  
#532 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 8:47:41 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Something about diversity and inclusion..
thanks 2 users thanked eastwest for this useful post.
MavMan on 4/22/2021(UTC), Reddhawk11 on 5/3/2021(UTC)
FingersCrossedJB  
#533 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 8:53:12 AM(UTC)
FingersCrossedJB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post

Although,

On that note,

🤞🏾 you should hear back within 7-10 business days. Sounds like you did great. 75% of phase II is the interview

Thank you for the response,
I don't think I did bad on the P2 written, although I did barely beat the clock writing my final sentence and rushed my conclusion...but i did my best to include all the small details and really took my time digesting all the material, and double checked my writing as I wrote each sentence (which I am sure all the proofreading slowed me down).

How did it feel seeing that CJO? I bet it must have felt so nice, despite having so much more to complete afterwards before actually making it to Q.
eastwest  
#534 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 8:55:03 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post

Although,

On that note,

Thank you for the response,
I don't think I did bad on the P2 written, although I did barely beat the clock writing my final sentence and rushed my conclusion...but i did my best to include all the small details and really took my time digesting all the material, and double checked my writing as I wrote each sentence (which I am sure all the proofreading slowed me down).

How did it feel seeing that CJO? I bet it must have felt so nice, despite having so much more to complete afterwards before actually making it to Q.

Feels amazing! and then feels awful again as you wait wait wait lol
MavMan  
#535 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 9:17:39 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Something about diversity and inclusion..

I got that one 4 emails ago! Right after Medical!
nitro17  
#536 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 9:56:53 AM(UTC)
nitro17

United States

Originally Posted by: Paxor07 Go to Quoted Post
My recents were "extended background check" and the benefits of working at the fbi

My most recent was 'Strategy & Mission' -- 4/15. @Paxor07 - what was the extended background check about and when did you receive that one?
thanks 1 user thanked nitro17 for this useful post.
MavMan on 4/22/2021(UTC)
TwoSevenThreeOne  
#537 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 5:16:12 AM(UTC)
TwoSevenThreeOne

United States

Does a date change for you BI have any significance?
cmar  
#538 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 5:19:53 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TwoSevenThreeOne Go to Quoted Post

I’d say yes. I’ve interpreted it to mean someone is working on something with your application. It might not mean you’re done, but it certainly means your application is actively being looked at and investigated, which is a step closer to the end.
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
thanks 1 user thanked cmar for this useful post.
TwoSevenThreeOne on 4/23/2021(UTC)
TwoSevenThreeOne  
#539 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 5:27:19 AM(UTC)
TwoSevenThreeOne

United States

Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post

I’d say yes. I’ve interpreted it to mean someone is working on something with your application. It might not mean you’re done, but it certainly means your application is actively being looked at and investigated, which is a step closer to the end.

Okay thanks, wasn't sure if it meant it was done or not. Mine started back in Jan and recently saw the date change. I'll be standing by...
cmar  
#540 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 5:32:35 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post

Okay thanks, wasn't sure if it meant it was done or not. Mine started back in Jan and recently saw the date change. I'll be standing by...

I wish I could say. The background process in SA is much faster than IA. I’ve been in background since January of last year. I’ve had two date changes so far on my application since background started; both of those were this year.
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
Rss Feed  Atom Feed