Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

80 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BoundMorpheme  
#41 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 2:27:30 PM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
For me it was exactly 10 days between accepting the CJO and receiving my e-QIP link from my field office. Don’t forget you have to go in to FBI Jobs and click to formally accept the CJO.
thanks 1 user thanked BoundMorpheme for this useful post.
TeachRH on 1/15/2021(UTC)
Space_C0wb0y  
#42 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 4:33:39 PM(UTC)
Space_C0wb0y

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Wow, it only took me 5 months to get approved for posting lol

Just a quick question for anyone who has had to withdraw and reapply. I applied for SA in early July and recieved a CJO right before Christmas. Just after Christmas I recieved a position offer from a state agency which I had been in the process of for almost a year, and accepted. Due to the lengthy training for my new position, and my inability to schedule the fbi security components (PSI, poly, fingerprints, etc), my AC told me to withdraw as the roughly 6 months I would be unavailable would be an 'extreme' length of time for them to place me on hold. Sadly, I withdrew because there is really nothing I can do about scheduling until mid summer. The FBI is my big goal, but I cant really pass up other opportunities that are actually in front of me while I wait.

Anyways, has anyone made it up to the CJO, withdrawn, and then reapplied? She said my phase 2 score is saved, so basically, would I just be picking up exactly where I am now when I reapply again? How fast does it move when I do submit a new application?

Also, has anyone actually heard of people using an age waiver? Im a candidate for it but I'll be 36 this summer. Im not sure if I have to graduate before I turn 37 or if I have to be at Q before I turn 37? Does anyone know about that too?
Applied: 7/20
P1Pass: 7/20
M&G:8/20
P2: 12/20
CJO: 12/20
Withdrew: 1/21
Reactivated: 7/21
CJO: 7/21
Background:8/21
TeachRH  
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 4:42:19 PM(UTC)
TeachRH

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Space_C0wb0y Go to Quoted Post

Just a quick question for anyone who has had to withdraw and reapply. I applied for SA in early July and recieved a CJO right before Christmas. Just after Christmas I recieved a position offer from a state agency which I had been in the process of for almost a year, and accepted. Due to the lengthy training for my new position, and my inability to schedule the fbi security components (PSI, poly, fingerprints, etc), my AC told me to withdraw as the roughly 6 months I would be unavailable would be an 'extreme' length of time for them to place me on hold. Sadly, I withdrew because there is really nothing I can do about scheduling until mid summer. The FBI is my big goal, but I cant really pass up other opportunities that are actually in front of me while I wait.

Anyways, has anyone made it up to the CJO, withdrawn, and then reapplied? She said my phase 2 score is saved, so basically, would I just be picking up exactly where I am now when I reapply again? How fast does it move when I do submit a new application?

Also, has anyone actually heard of people using an age waiver? Im a candidate for it but I'll be 36 this summer. Im not sure if I have to graduate before I turn 37 or if I have to be at Q before I turn 37? Does anyone know about that too?

I just recently did this. I had passed phase 2 and was on the pft but I was injured and withdrew for a few months. When I was ready (just a few weeks ago), I emailed my AC. She told me to reapply on USA Jobs and then email her. She pushed it straight through to the CJO and I just had to go into my account and accept. I was then sent the info for the SF 86 a little over a week later.
Space_C0wb0y  
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 5:52:20 PM(UTC)
Space_C0wb0y

United States

Originally Posted by: TeachRH Go to Quoted Post

I just recently did this. I had passed phase 2 and was on the pft but I was injured and withdrew for a few months. When I was ready (just a few weeks ago), I emailed my AC. She told me to reapply on USA Jobs and then email her. She pushed it straight through to the CJO and I just had to go into my account and accept. I was then sent the info for the SF 86 a little over a week later.

Awesome. I thought a hold was something that was different, but Im glad to know that you recently did this. Cant wait until summer!

If anyone else has any info on the age thing, I'd appreciate it. I imagine it is simple enough if you make it all the way through, I just feel like its a major leap of faith to count on it actually happening at the end of it all.
FBI_SA_Wannabee  
#45 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 12:26:03 AM(UTC)
FBI_SA_Wannabee

United States

Originally Posted by: TeachRH Go to Quoted Post

Awesome. I thought a hold was something that was different, but Im glad to know that you recently did this. Cant wait until summer!

If anyone else has any info on the age thing, I'd appreciate it. I imagine it is simple enough if you make it all the way through, I just feel like its a major leap of faith to count on it actually happening at the end of it all.

Can't answer regarding age. However, I've been in the SA application process for years now. Just be patient.
eastwest  
#46 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 4:31:53 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I'm someone who will need an age waiver as I'll probably turn 37 before getting the final job offer. I don't know what the official ruling is but the SA who came to my home told me that.

Now, waivers are a case by case basis which has to be granted by HQ. Due to the delay caused by COVID19 + the agencies need for man power means waivers are common these days. Unfortunately there's no guarantee. So getting that FJO ASAP is the safe bet.
Space_C0wb0y  
#47 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 7:31:23 AM(UTC)
Space_C0wb0y

United States

Originally Posted by: eastwest Go to Quoted Post
I'm someone who will need an age waiver as I'll probably turn 37 before getting the final job offer. I don't know what the official ruling is but the SA who came to my home told me that.

Now, waivers are a case by case basis which has to be granted by HQ. Due to the delay caused by COVID19 + the agencies need for man power means waivers are common these days. Unfortunately there's no guarantee. So getting that FJO ASAP is the safe bet.

When you say case by case do you mean that even if you are an eligible candidate you may not get the waiver? I thought it was if you were eligible, you would be put in for one. Or like, if I served 5 years and I make it all the way through the process, but I just turned 37 before heading to Q, it would be a simle waiver. Is that not the case?
JimmyNorthwood  
#48 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 12:40:45 PM(UTC)
JimmyNorthwood

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
New to the forum and nice to virtually meet you all. I'm in the SA background phase now -- it's been quite the journey to this point. I asked my AC when I might expect a Q start date and was told April or May at the earliest. Meanwhile, just staying in shape, staying sharp, and trying to avoid injuries! I'm checking my online application constantly for any updates and am super psyched to start training. Wishing you all the best and good luck.

Nice, congrats! When did you start background/get your CJO?
eastwest  
#49 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 1:41:03 PM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

When you say case by case do you mean that even if you are an eligible candidate you may not get the waiver? I thought it was if you were eligible, you would be put in for one. Or like, if I served 5 years and I make it all the way through the process, but I just turned 37 before heading to Q, it would be a simle waiver. Is that not the case?

Same. I thought it would be not an issue. It may be that the HR SA doesn't want to make a promise like that even if it's understood that most likely the waiver will come through. I was just told "Case by case" and that was that.
Space_C0wb0y  
#50 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 3:51:23 PM(UTC)
Space_C0wb0y

United States

Same. I thought it would be not an issue. It may be that the HR SA doesn't want to make a promise like that even if it's understood that most likely the waiver will come through. I was just told "Case by case" and that was that.

Good to know. Thanks for the insight.
tamvid11  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 5:57:05 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Anyone know how long it takes after receiving the passing Phase 2 email do they issue the conditional offer?
mugatu300  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:03:42 AM(UTC)
mugatu300

United States

Does anyone know where psych is in terms of the background investigation? I just received email from psych services program requiring additional material (have to get pre employment assessment among other things), so Im curious if Im approaching the end. Thanks.
App 6/24/18
P1 8/21/18
M&G 11/28/18
P2 W 2/28/19
P2 I 10/7/19
PFT 11/22/19
PSI 1/17/20
Med 2/7/20
Poly 3/13/20
BI 7/22/20

1995JeepCherokee  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:27:18 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mugatu300 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know where psych is in terms of the background investigation? I just received email from psych services program requiring additional material (have to get pre employment assessment among other things), so Im curious if Im approaching the end. Thanks.

To my understanding your application is only sent to Pysch for a specific reason. It's not a regular part of the process. Through the years I've been on the forum there have been several nightmare stories about Psych holding up applications forever and being generally unresponsive and a black hole.

My app went to Psych and I think I'm almost out (knock on wood). If so I'll be lucky and get out a lot sooner than others. My advice would be to stay on top of them constantly. Follow up every week or two on the status of your review through Psych if you aren't hearing things.

But, on the bright side your actual background is probably already done. From forum posts and my own experience it seems, HQ sending your application to Psych happens after the background as the last step for adjudication.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:28:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FBI21  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 10:42:13 AM(UTC)
FBI21

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post

To my understanding your application is only sent to Pysch for a specific reason. It's not a regular part of the process. Through the years I've been on the forum there have been several nightmare stories about Psych holding up applications forever and being generally unresponsive and a black hole.

My app went to Psych and I think I'm almost out (knock on wood). If so I'll be lucky and get out a lot sooner than others. My advice would be to stay on top of them constantly. Follow up every week or two on the status of your review through Psych if you aren't hearing things.

But, on the bright side your actual background is probably already done. From forum posts and my own experience it seems, HQ sending your application to Psych happens after the background as the last step for adjudication.

I agree. Def keep keep inquiring about it. I was in psych for 9 months, which seems fairly short compared to many. Hope you don’t have to wait too long! Good luck!
mugatu300  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 12:00:13 PM(UTC)
mugatu300

United States

May I ask how long you were in Psych?
App 6/24/18
P1 8/21/18
M&G 11/28/18
P2 W 2/28/19
P2 I 10/7/19
PFT 11/22/19
PSI 1/17/20
Med 2/7/20
Poly 3/13/20
BI 7/22/20

mugatu300  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 12:02:00 PM(UTC)
mugatu300

United States

Originally Posted by: Blues19 Go to Quoted Post

I agree. Def keep keep inquiring about it. I was in psych for 9 months, which seems fairly short compared to many. Hope you don’t have to wait too long! Good luck!

9 months is short lol? Am I in store for another long delay:( ? I legit saw someone one time 7 years ago so Im assuming thats what this is all about.
App 6/24/18
P1 8/21/18
M&G 11/28/18
P2 W 2/28/19
P2 I 10/7/19
PFT 11/22/19
PSI 1/17/20
Med 2/7/20
Poly 3/13/20
BI 7/22/20

FBI21  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 12:12:48 PM(UTC)
FBI21

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Blues19 Go to Quoted Post

9 months is short lol? Am I in store for another long delay:( ? I legit saw someone one time 7 years ago so Im assuming thats what this is all about.

I was told that HQ is given no deadlines/timeframes to get these done, so they move a lot slower than your local investigators doing the BI. They get pretty back logged frequently from what I understand. I felt I had a fairly minor issue that didn’t take much investigating to make a decision, so perhaps that made it quick.(yes I considered 9 months to be quick lol) I’ve met a couple people who have been in psych for over 2 years
thanks 1 user thanked FBI21 for this useful post.
1995JeepCherokee on 1/27/2021(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 12:41:33 PM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 42 post(s)

Edit: *From anecdotal evidence on the forum I imagine that's probably what it's about. But you should ask them to make sure.*

I'm not going to get in to the specifics of this phase for my personal application (timeline, reason, etc) because I think my story is probably an outlier compared to a lot of other people. You probably won't glean anything applicable from my situation.

I'll just say that (in my opinion) if you want to see timely movement of your application through Psych you are going to have to play an active role in making sure that happens.

Edited by user Thursday, January 28, 2021 7:03:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

eastwest  
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 1:03:39 PM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

I've been in BI phase for a couple months now. Couple weeks ago the BI was in a flurry of reaching out to my contacts and past employers. Last week, an SA came to my home to speak to my wife. She mentioned that it should be over quickly. I know that BI phase takes at least 6 months, it seems the investigators are getting the info they need pretty quickly. I am assuming my time over seas won't be as quick but... other than that I can't imagine anything taking long. What in the world holds these things up in the first place?
MavMan  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 1:11:19 PM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
My AC told me you will know you pass Psych if she called and set up medical...so psych can still be going on while they're doing the background?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed