Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

98 Pages«<3031323334>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tamvid11  
#621 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 8:18:08 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
For those of us who won't make it to the June class. The last 2 of the year are Aug 1-Dec 22 and Sept 26-Feb something (sorry don't remember the end date on that one).

Sooooooooo great information and gives us hope maybe we can make the September and those shooting for June (good 🍀 🤞🏾)

So I have my PSI scheduled as of last night.
Updated timeline:
Phase II - 10/15/19
CJO- 4/13/21
SF-86 Submitted - 4/15/21
PSI- 5/6/21
Poly- 6/8/21
Let’s keep rolling…. 🥁 🥁
PFT dates 7/8, 8/12, 9/9 (not scheduled) these are dates for my region

I have an active current secret clearance, military retiree(I know it has nothing to do with FBI process)

My question is based on the experience on this forum what are my chances (Jim Carey voice) for the September class?

They won't start the BI until after the poly. Mine didn't start until after medical. I did the Poly at the beginning of March, medical was mid April and BI was the end of this month.... My AC seemed to say the time frame for getting into a class is highly dependent on how quickly you clear medical (typical is a month). So if I'm cleared medical by the end of May, that definitely gives enough time for adjudication before August.
Don't schedule the PT until you're told. You won't want to take it in July and then have to take it again before Sept class. Those dates could very well change too, so just wait until they say we need you to take a PFT because we are looking to put you in this class.
Heyguys222  
#622 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 8:51:00 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
For the PFT, these days you need 5 points per-Q and 12 at Quantico, correct? Also, do they do all the event as a group or one by one (I.e. is it a group of people sprinting at the same time and doing push-ups, or is it all one-by-one)?

When I did it there were 6 of us taking it. They had us go in groups of 2. For each event with a 5 minute break in between except the 1.5 mile. That they had everyone start at once. We also used a fence to hold our feet instead of a person which I found really helpful. Felt much easier that way for me. Masks were to be on unless you were actively doing an event.
FutureGmen  
#623 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:07:27 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
For those of us who won't make it to the June class. The last 2 of the year are Aug 1-Dec 22 and Sept 26-Feb something (sorry don't remember the end date on that one).

Sooooooooo great information and gives us hope maybe we can make the September and those shooting for June (good 🍀 🤞🏾)

Updated timeline:
Phase II - 10/15/19
CJO- 4/13/21
PSI- 5/6/21
Poly- 6/8/21
Let’s keep rolling…. 🥁 🥁

I have an active current secret clearance, military retiree(I know it has nothing to do with FBI process)

My question is based on the experience on this forum what are my chances (Jim Carey voice) for the September class?

They won't start the BI until after the poly. Mine didn't start until after medical. I did the Poly at the beginning of March, medical was mid April and BI was the end of this month.... My AC seemed to say the time frame for getting into a class is highly dependent on how quickly you clear medical (typical is a month). So if I'm cleared medical by the end of May, that definitely gives enough time for adjudication before August.
Don't schedule the PT until you're told. You won't want to take it in July and then have to take it again before Sept class. Those dates could very well change too, so just wait until they say we need you to take a PFT because we are looking to put you in this class.

Great info. I was under the impression that you needed a Pre-Q PFT within 120 days so for anyone in the September (not grandfathered) would mean anyone after May 26 would be suffice.
tamvid11  
#624 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:24:15 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Updated timeline:
Phase II - 10/15/19
CJO- 4/13/21
PSI- 5/6/21
Poly- 6/8/21
Let’s keep rolling…. 🥁 🥁

Great info. I was under the impression that you needed a Pre-Q PFT within 120 days so for anyone in the September (not grandfathered) would mean anyone after May 26 would be suffice.

You're correct. 120 days is accurate. It used to be 90, however, I would take it when they advise still in-case there is some unforeseen hangup. IF they are telling you the Sept class, they will likely have you do one in August. They do try to get it close to the call as people tend to pass the Pre-Q and get lazy before the one at Q. If it is any insight - I took one a month before hiring call with the DEA, as did everyone in said class, 7 washed out on the PFT at Q and were sent home in the first week. DEA does the SAME PFT, except they have 10min breaks instead of 5 with the same 12pt requirement.
thanks 2 users thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/28/2021(UTC), MavMan on 4/28/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#625 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 11:18:48 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
For anyone that got the "targeted email" what did it say? You can PM me if you dont want to put it out here.
COmtbr  
#626 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 11:19:11 AM(UTC)
COmtbr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey guys. Im a vet and about to graduate college here in a few weeks. I've been working through my resume and I have a quick question... is there a length requirement? I am basing mine of the template provided obviously, but im providing examples for each core comp. for each of my jobs and training, and its about 13 pages right now and im not done. Should I trim stuff down or is it expected to be a novel? lol. thanks all, looking forward and nervous for the process.
App: 6/21
P1: 7/21
M&G: 7/21
PII W: 8/21
PII I: 9/21
CAO: 9/21
TRP Designator: 10/21
PSI: 10/21
Poly: 12/21 (scheduled)
userzero  
#627 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 11:30:35 AM(UTC)
userzero

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Fun fact #1: during normal/non-COVID graduation ceremonies at Q, you are allowed to bring two guests to in-person graduation. This was confirmed by my AC a few days ago.

Fun fact #2: The June Q class will be finalized "soon" and final offers should be going out within the next week or so. Also confirmed by my AC.

Those were fun to read, right?
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
1995JeepCherokee  
#628 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 11:36:30 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I had fun! Hopefully they'll be moving back to normal graduations soon
thanks 1 user thanked 1995JeepCherokee for this useful post.
userzero on 4/28/2021(UTC)
userzero  
#629 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 11:37:43 AM(UTC)
userzero

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys. Im a vet and about to graduate college here in a few weeks. I've been working through my resume and I have a quick question... is there a length requirement? I am basing mine of the template provided obviously, but im providing examples for each core comp. for each of my jobs and training, and its about 13 pages right now and im not done. Should I trim stuff down or is it expected to be a novel? lol. thanks all, looking forward and nervous for the process.

Good day and congrats on the forthcoming graduation! Sounds like you have a lot of great content. With extensive work experience and core competency stories, mine came out to roughly 5.5 pages after some significant editing. I would say brevity is important on this particular resume and to, obviously, follow the format which you are.

Other people here may disagree, but anything over eight pages may seem excessive. I did one competency story per experience. For example, I did my Collaboration story within my IT experience; my Leadership story within my mil experience, etc. I do not believe there is a hard resume-length requirement but this could have changed since I initially applied in July of 2019.

I hope this was helpful in some way!
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
MavMan  
#630 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 11:42:24 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: userzero Go to Quoted Post
Fun fact #1: during normal/non-COVID graduation ceremonies at Q, you are allowed to bring two guests to in-person graduation. This was confirmed by my AC a few days ago.

Fun fact #2: The June Q class will be finalized "soon" and final offers should be going out within the next week or so. Also confirmed by my AC.

Those were fun to read, right?

Thanks for that info!!
thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
userzero on 4/28/2021(UTC)
COmtbr  
#631 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 2:01:21 PM(UTC)
COmtbr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: userzero Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post

Good day and congrats on the forthcoming graduation! Sounds like you have a lot of great content. With extensive work experience and core competency stories, mine came out to roughly 5.5 pages after some significant editing. I would say brevity is important on this particular resume and to, obviously, follow the format which you are.

Other people here may disagree, but anything over eight pages may seem excessive. I did one competency story per experience. For example, I did my Collaboration story within my IT experience; my Leadership story within my mil experience, etc. I do not believe there is a hard resume-length requirement but this could have changed since I initially applied in July of 2019.

I hope this was helpful in some way!

I asked about this during the M&G (the group informational one). I was told that it can definitely be longer than the 1-2 pages you usually see in industry. My own is around 3 pages while following their format. I think the only danger with an 18 page resume is that your actual qualifications get lost in the noise. With that said, I'd recommend trying trim down the language and be as succinct as possible while getting your points across. Even just doing that might cut the length of the resume in half while retaining all the relevant/important stuff honestly.

Good input and thank you for the responses. Back to editing.
App: 6/21
P1: 7/21
M&G: 7/21
PII W: 8/21
PII I: 9/21
CAO: 9/21
TRP Designator: 10/21
PSI: 10/21
Poly: 12/21 (scheduled)
FutureGmen  
#632 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 6:21:25 PM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FeistyFrog Go to Quoted Post
Do we know how many more Quantico classes they're doing this year? I've heard June and August for sure. Any others after those?

Tamy mentioned June and Sep-feb? Is there an august class?
AGJ  
#633 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 7:33:08 PM(UTC)
AGJ

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What I’ve heard is:

June 6
August 1
September 26
thanks 2 users thanked AGJ for this useful post.
**** on 4/28/2021(UTC), FutureGmen on 4/28/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#634 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 3:51:13 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: FeistyFrog Go to Quoted Post
Do we know how many more Quantico classes they're doing this year? I've heard June and August for sure. Any others after those?

Tamy mentioned June and Sep-feb? Is there an august class?

Yes. Aug 1-Dec 22. The other is Sept 26-Feb (second week of feb I think). These are the current fiscal year classes, there will likely be more in 2021. I know they typically do a Dec start class too, but there could be Oct or Nov (I've not heard any rumors of these, but based on past knowledge they do 6-8 classes per fiscal year).
June class # is 21-04
Aug class # is 21-05
Sept class # is 21-06 - meaning they ran 6 classes this fiscal year

Edited by user Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:10:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
**** on 4/29/2021(UTC)
eastwest  
#635 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:17:30 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Nice to hear there will be more classes available. Man, it stinks waiting. I've been in the process since October 2018 and COVID really extended things in the middle of it all. In BI now since Dec/January and things were moving real quick. It seemed like I'd make it through pretty quickly, but haven't heard anything in a while.

Just venting a little. This forum is quite supportive which I'm sure we all appreciate!
Heyguys222  
#636 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:21:14 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eastwest Go to Quoted Post
Nice to hear there will be more classes available. Man, it stinks waiting. I've been in the process since October 2018 and COVID really extended things in the middle of it all. In BI now since Dec/January and things were moving real quick. It seemed like I'd make it through pretty quickly, but haven't heard anything in a while.

Just venting a little. This forum is quite supportive which I'm sure we all appreciate!

Just keep reminding yourself no news is good news for a BI.
tamvid11  
#637 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:37:53 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post

Was told by AC the director is re-evaluating everything in Jun/Jul to see if they can open things back up a bit. He said he vaccine is starting to become available to the students at the academy, so that is helping. It's not a mandatory vaccination though, so I'm not sure how that will impact the decision.
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
Mr. Liquid on 4/29/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#638 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 4:40:24 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: eastwest Go to Quoted Post

How long did it take you to clear medical? Also, did you have a lot of travel, or live in multiple places over the past 10 years? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long these things take...
jmd4j  
#639 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:30:13 AM(UTC)
jmd4j

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post

Was told by AC the director is re-evaluating everything in Jun/Jul to see if they can open things back up a bit. He said he vaccine is starting to become available to the students at the academy, so that is helping. It's not a mandatory vaccination though, so I'm not sure how that will impact the decision.

Whew if that isn't good news! Looks like FLETC is back open with non-vaccinated showing up two weeks prior to quarantine, and not being allowed off base. Vaccinated are given a different badge to come and go off post.

Edited by user Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:34:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked jmd4j for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 4/29/2021(UTC), Mr. Liquid on 4/29/2021(UTC), tamvid11 on 4/29/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#640 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 8:46:32 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Would someone who has dealt with psych due to prior counseling PM me? I've been told this is inevitable even though I provided letters from my docs. Just like to know more about what they will require, and how long this might hold me up.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed