Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

53 Pages«<3435363738>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tamvid11  
#701 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:35:17 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/24/2019(UTC)
Posts: 141
United States
Location: Midwest

Thanks: 13 times
Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AGJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Those of you who had to provide documentation for soft contact lenses: Did you get this evaluation done by your doctor prior to attending your medical appointment? Or did you wait for follow up from FBI HQ?


My medical was in Feb and my last eye appointment was in October 2020. When medical sent paperwork for soft contact use and verification of my vision, I went to my eye Dr. and had them fill out the forms based on the information from my October exam. Didn't cost me a dime and took about 15 minutes for them to fill out.


If they know these things are going to be required for some, why don't the just send stuff with the medical forms for people to try and take care of before hand? That seems like it would save some time... USSS has you get an eye exam before they will even start your process...
App:11/20
M&G:12/20
P2(W):12/20
P2(I):1/21
PSI:2/21
Poly:3/21
Med/BI:4/21
Med Clear:5/21
PFT:6/21 (pass)

Annino  
#702 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:36:51 AM(UTC)
Annino

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/23/2013(UTC)
Posts: 338

Thanks: 49 times
Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AGJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Those of you who had to provide documentation for soft contact lenses: Did you get this evaluation done by your doctor prior to attending your medical appointment? Or did you wait for follow up from FBI HQ?


My medical was in Feb and my last eye appointment was in October 2020. When medical sent paperwork for soft contact use and verification of my vision, I went to my eye Dr. and had them fill out the forms based on the information from my October exam. Didn't cost me a dime and took about 15 minutes for them to fill out.


If they know these things are going to be required for some, why don't the just send stuff with the medical forms for people to try and take care of before hand? That seems like it would save some time... USSS has you get an eye exam before they will even start your process...


Agreed
anexlawyer  
#703 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:47:23 AM(UTC)
anexlawyer

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/5/2021(UTC)
Posts: 3

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Those of you who had to provide documentation for soft contact lenses: Did you get this evaluation done by your doctor prior to attending your medical appointment? Or did you wait for follow up from FBI HQ?


Annino- I went to my medical and did the whole medical thing. Afterward they sent some follow-up paperwork for my lenses that I had an optometrist complete at the local VisionWorks/LensCrafters/etc. She basically had to do a follow-up exam on me and it took about an hour to complete.


Well now I'm worried that this is going to turn into a problem for me because I didn't have to do any of this. They never even asked me about contacts after the vision test (which I did with and without them).
Annino  
#704 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:51:26 AM(UTC)
Annino

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/23/2013(UTC)
Posts: 338

Thanks: 49 times
Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anexlawyer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Those of you who had to provide documentation for soft contact lenses: Did you get this evaluation done by your doctor prior to attending your medical appointment? Or did you wait for follow up from FBI HQ?


Annino- I went to my medical and did the whole medical thing. Afterward they sent some follow-up paperwork for my lenses that I had an optometrist complete at the local VisionWorks/LensCrafters/etc. She basically had to do a follow-up exam on me and it took about an hour to complete.


Well now I'm worried that this is going to turn into a problem for me because I didn't have to do any of this. They never even asked me about contacts after the vision test (which I did with and without them).


As long as you hit 20/100 without the contacts during your exam, you're good. You'll get a follow up from HQ if you scored worse than 20/100.
thanks 1 user thanked Annino for this useful post.
anexlawyer on 4/30/2021(UTC)
HopefullyChozen2Lead  
#705 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 11:58:03 AM(UTC)
HopefullyChozen2Lead

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/6/2020(UTC)
Posts: 52
United States
Location: USA

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RaiderFan Go to Quoted Post
So I had my poly recently, and the date changed in the my applicant portal yesterday. Any indication as to if this is good news or bad news?


This has happened to me. I took it this week and then saw a date change, As they say no news is good news so I am hoping that means the process has continued. Did you reach out to your AC to confim?
RaiderFan  
#706 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 12:07:05 PM(UTC)
RaiderFan

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/14/2019(UTC)
Posts: 14
United States
Location: Alabama

Originally Posted by: HopefullyChozen2Lead Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RaiderFan Go to Quoted Post
So I had my poly recently, and the date changed in the my applicant portal yesterday. Any indication as to if this is good news or bad news?


This has happened to me. I took it this week and then saw a date change, As they say no news is good news so I am hoping that means the process has continued. Did you reach out to your AC to confim?


Check your inbox
userzero  
#707 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 12:40:42 PM(UTC)
userzero

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/25/2021(UTC)
Posts: 33

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
June Q battle buddies,

I received a very long document about reporting procedures including a very detailed list of things to bring/purchase at Q, directions, lodging, etc. Also, a few moments ago I received COVID-specific information as well as a notification that the final job offer should go out this coming Monday through the portal. I won't get in to specifics here but, if you are anxiously awaiting to hear *something*, it's on the horizon!

For those still waiting for a Q date, try not to go crazy and know that it will happen eventually!
7/19 - app
8/19 - Ph 1
1/20 - M&G
2/20 - Ph 2 W
9/20 - Ph 2 I
10/20 - PFT/CAO
12/20 - PSI/Poly
1/21 - Med
6/21 - BFTC
thanks 2 users thanked userzero for this useful post.
Amalgamation on 5/1/2021(UTC), dbroeck on 5/3/2021(UTC)
ItsMeJay  
#708 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 10:12:15 AM(UTC)
ItsMeJay

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/11/2016(UTC)
Posts: 9
United States
Location: Florida

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
First off, great info on here, appreciate everyone that has been chipping in.

Background started this week for me (a lot of international family and some international travel) so I know it might take a while. I have medical in 2 weeks. Hoping for August or September class.
Ornament  
#709 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:13:01 PM(UTC)
Ornament

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States

Originally Posted by: ItsMeJay Go to Quoted Post
First off, great info on here, appreciate everyone that has been chipping in.

Background started this week for me (a lot of international family and some international travel) so I know it might take a while. I have medical in 2 weeks. Hoping for August or September class.



started this week?
lots of international travel?
sorry, but aug/sept is out of the question. set your sights on early 2022.
they start booking the classes two months out.
COmtbr  
#710 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 7:00:28 PM(UTC)
COmtbr

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/26/2020(UTC)
Posts: 14

Hey guys. This might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway... Id rather look stupid than screw up the application of my life.

Im a disabled vet about to apply. I see that I need an SF15. Im honestly not sure what this is. From what I can find, its a form that I fill out that is basically an application for 10pt veteran preference? Is that true, or is there an SF15 I need to get from the VA? Do I just submit the SF15 with my VA letter confirming my disability rating?

Thanks guys.
App: 6/20
STANDING BY TO STAND BY
COmtbr  
#711 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 7:16:28 PM(UTC)
COmtbr

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/26/2020(UTC)
Posts: 14

Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys. This might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway... Id rather look stupid than screw up the application of my life.

Im a disabled vet about to apply. I see that I need an SF15. Im honestly not sure what this is. From what I can find, its a form that I fill out that is basically an application for 10pt veteran preference? Is that true, or is there an SF15 I need to get from the VA? Do I just submit the SF15 with my VA letter confirming my disability rating?

Thanks guys.

You and all Vets need to submit VA Civil Service Preference Letter dated within 1 year.

https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf

Also, from my AC:
You will need to provide your VA Ratings Decision letter. Sometimes applicants may not have that in time and I have seen the Medical Unit accept the documents that the applicant have sent to the VA for the decision to take place. Basically the FBI Medical Unit needs to know what the applicant is requesting in the form of the disability.



Thank you. I have a decision letter, it says on the application portal that the letter needs to be dated within one year. Mine is dated when I got out in 2016. So I need to get an updated letter? Or does the SF15 just need to be filled out within the year?

Also, when do I find out my applicant coordinator? Is that something that gets assigned to me once my app is submitted and I'm in process? And same question regarding the special agent portal you all keep talking about?

Thanks again for the help.

App: 6/20
STANDING BY TO STAND BY
BrickAgent  
#712 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:45:06 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/14/2021(UTC)
Posts: 34
United States

Thanks: 32 times
Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Retaking my Pre-Q PFT again next Wednesday - wish me luck boys and girls. Going to run the full PFT once it cools down later today and see where things stand. Not going to let that 1.5 miler get me this time!
thanks 1 user thanked BrickAgent for this useful post.
MavMan on 5/3/2021(UTC)
FutureGmen  
#713 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:52:11 AM(UTC)
FutureGmen

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/6/2020(UTC)
Posts: 60
United States

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Retaking my Pre-Q PFT again next Wednesday - wish me luck boys and girls. Going to run the full PFT once it cools down later today and see where things stand. Not going to let that 1.5 miler get me this time!


Good luck! You got this. Run your heart out and rest later. I started to just give myself 3 minute rest in between push-ups and sit-ups . I will run the test tomorrow as I need to place myself in the mind frame. September class would be awesome
thanks 1 user thanked FutureGmen for this useful post.
BrickAgent on 5/2/2021(UTC)
Mission0  
#714 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 4:14:18 PM(UTC)
Mission0

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello everyone,

Really helpful thread. I'm always reading through but this is my first time posting. I have medical coming up this Thursday but no indicators that my background has started. Also any recommendations for Veterans with VA disabilities? I submitted my VA narrative to my AC. Anyone else in medical with disabilities? How long is it taking to be cleared?
FutureGmen  
#715 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 5:07:43 PM(UTC)
FutureGmen

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/6/2020(UTC)
Posts: 60
United States

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Is there anyone training out of North Carolina preferably Raleigh or Northcal?

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 5:32:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mission0  
#716 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 5:29:36 PM(UTC)
Mission0

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mission0 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

Really helpful thread. I'm always reading through but this is my first time posting. I have medical coming up this Thursday but no indicators that my background has started. Also any recommendations for Veterans with VA disabilities? I submitted my VA narrative to my AC. Anyone else in medical with disabilities? How long is it taking to be cleared?


Following as I’m a Vet but I’m not currently being seen for any existing issues; was issued Naprosyn for slight toe issue.

Curious what’s your timeline
Offer- PSI, Poly.. etc

Did you have your shots updated?



Offer:3/5/21
PSI-3/18/21
Poly-4/20/21
Medical-5/06/21

I think I only need to get a meningococcal vaccine. I'm in the reserves so almost all of my vaccines are updated.
debellil  
#717 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 6:05:50 PM(UTC)
debellil

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/17/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Is there anyone training out of North Carolina preferably Raleigh or Northcal?


I’m in the Triad area.
Proteus  
#718 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 4:12:38 AM(UTC)
Proteus

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/20/2021(UTC)
Posts: 76
United States
Location: New Jersey

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike81b Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Retaking my Pre-Q PFT again next Wednesday - wish me luck boys and girls. Going to run the full PFT once it cools down later today and see where things stand. Not going to let that 1.5 miler get me this time!


Good luck! You got this. Run your heart out and rest later. I started to just give myself 3 minute rest in between push-ups and sit-ups . I will run the test tomorrow as I need to place myself in the mind frame. September class would be awesome


Maybe this is a dumb question, but I thought the order of the events was:

1. Situps
2. 300m
3. Push-ups
4. 1.5 mile

Can you do them in a different order, or are you just saying that you are doing situps and pushups back-to-back to build endurance?
MavMan  
#719 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 5:21:31 AM(UTC)
MavMan

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/10/2016(UTC)
Posts: 112
United States
Location: Texas

Thanks: 80 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mission0 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

Really helpful thread. I'm always reading through but this is my first time posting. I have medical coming up this Thursday but no indicators that my background has started. Also any recommendations for Veterans with VA disabilities? I submitted my VA narrative to my AC. Anyone else in medical with disabilities? How long is it taking to be cleared?




Vet here as well with a pretty high rating for medical....the medical appt. is fairly straight forward. It's once your file gets to HQ that it can hold you up. For VA disability-Most aches or pains/breaks/fractures/ things like that should be easy to get through. You may need to get a physician to sign off on something, but thats about it. I was in medical with a follow up for about a month.

Disability narrative with and mental issue type claim Regardless of if something is granted or not - regardless of history of counseling will go to Psych and be on a psych hold until they've done all their checks. You may need an eval or just personal statements. Just depends whats in your history.

The thing to remember is it matters what's been put in the narrative, not just what's been awarded. I learned that the hard way ha! PM if you have any specific ?'s.
MavMan  
#720 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 5:23:01 AM(UTC)
MavMan

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/10/2016(UTC)
Posts: 112
United States
Location: Texas

Thanks: 80 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
Retaking my Pre-Q PFT again next Wednesday - wish me luck boys and girls. Going to run the full PFT once it cools down later today and see where things stand. Not going to let that 1.5 miler get me this time!



You got this Brick!!

thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
FutureGmen on 5/3/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (6)
53 Pages«<3435363738>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 0.763 seconds.