Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

81 Pages«<4950515253>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paxor07  
#1001 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 8:51:18 AM(UTC)
Paxor07

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
@mavman- congratulations! I also passed second preQ pft this morning.

Per my AC, final offers go out 30 days before class so end of June or first week of July.
thanks 1 user thanked Paxor07 for this useful post.
Mr. Liquid on 6/15/2021(UTC)
debellil  
#1002 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 9:05:24 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: debellil Go to Quoted Post
Hey everybody. I just thought I’d share some info my AC told my husband during his spouse interview today. He said that if all goes well I’d likely not make the September class but hopefully the class after that, which would be the first 2022 class (fiscal year starts Oct 1). He said they don’t know the class start date for then yet but he’d be in touch about it and that I’d probably know my class date a month or two prior with the FO being a few weeks before the start date. I just thought I’d throw that info out there if anyone else is in a similar place as me.

App 5/20
Phase 1 6/20
M&G 12/20
Phase 2 (W) 1/21
Phase 2 (I) 2/21
CJO 3/21
PSI 5/21
Polygraph 5/21
Med 5/21
References and employer contacted 6/21

Is the spouse interview a one-on-one with the spouse where they go into the FBI office, or do they do it at home? Perhaps it goes without saying, but I assume that you are not present for the spouse interview?

My husband was interviewed by my AC over the phone. Ironically he was also interviewed by my background investigator the same morning in person at my house. I had just left for a run when he got there.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 15, 2021 9:07:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Alright2015  
#1003 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 5:49:57 PM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Hey everybody. I just thought I’d share some info my AC told my husband during his spouse interview today. He said that if all goes well I’d likely not make the September class but hopefully the class after that, which would be the first 2022 class (fiscal year starts Oct 1). He said they don’t know the class start date for then yet but he’d be in touch about it and that I’d probably know my class date a month or two prior with the FO being a few weeks before the start date. I just thought I’d throw that info out there if anyone else is in a similar place as me.

App 5/20
Phase 1 6/20
M&G 12/20
Phase 2 (W) 1/21
Phase 2 (I) 2/21
CJO 3/21
PSI 5/21
Polygraph 5/21
Med 5/21

Is the spouse interview a one-on-one with the spouse where they go into the FBI office, or do they do it at home? Perhaps it goes without saying, but I assume that you are not present for the spouse interview?

My fiance was interviewed via phone by the AC.

I thought they only interviewed significant others if you were married. Didn’t know they did it if you were engaged too. This is good to know thanks.
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
thanks 1 user thanked Alright2015 for this useful post.
S. Florida Chick on 7/20/2021(UTC)
Alright2015  
#1004 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 5:51:46 PM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

App 5/20
Phase 1 6/20
M&G 12/20
Phase 2 (W) 1/21
Phase 2 (I) 2/21
CJO 3/21
PSI 5/21
Polygraph 5/21
Med 5/21

My husband was interviewed by my AC over the phone. Ironically he was also interviewed by my background investigator the same morning in person at my house. I had just left for a run when he got there.

Did the background investigator atleast give you a heads up what day they would be coming to interview your husband? Because my place stays a mess lol I’ll need to know when to clean up
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
debellil  
#1005 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 6:03:01 PM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Originally Posted by: Alright2015 Go to Quoted Post

App 5/20
Phase 1 6/20
M&G 12/20
Phase 2 (W) 1/21
Phase 2 (I) 2/21
CJO 3/21
PSI 5/21
Polygraph 5/21
Med 5/21

Did the background investigator atleast give you a heads up what day they would be coming to interview your husband? Because my place stays a mess lol I’ll need to know when to clean up

The investigator called him Sunday and told him that he’d let him know the next morning when he was going to be coming, except he forgot to and just showed up. Luckily we straightened up the house before then haha.
Annino  
#1006 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 4:45:54 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)

App 5/20
Phase 1 6/20
M&G 12/20
Phase 2 (W) 1/21
Phase 2 (I) 2/21
CJO 3/21
PSI 5/21
Polygraph 5/21
Med 5/21

The investigator called him Sunday and told him that he’d let him know the next morning when he was going to be coming, except he forgot to and just showed up. Luckily we straightened up the house before then haha.

Is the spouse interview part of the background investigation phase? I.e. it is after PSI/poly/med?

Mine was after poly but before medical
debellil  
#1007 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 5:17:30 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

App 5/20
Phase 1 6/20
M&G 12/20
Phase 2 (W) 1/21
Phase 2 (I) 2/21
CJO 3/21
PSI 5/21
Polygraph 5/21
Med 5/21

Is the spouse interview part of the background investigation phase? I.e. it is after PSI/poly/med?

Mine was after poly and medical, while background was going. But I might be more of an unusual case considering I had my medical appointment scheduled at the same time as Poly (took place two weeks after but got scheduled in the same phone call).

tamvid11  
#1008 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 5:19:38 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 49 post(s)

App 5/20
Phase 1 6/20
M&G 12/20
Phase 2 (W) 1/21
Phase 2 (I) 2/21
CJO 3/21
PSI 5/21
Polygraph 5/21
Med 5/21

Same thing happened with my wife. The BI called her to set up a time to interview the same day my AC called to do the spouse interview. The BI interviewed my neighbors the same day as my wife. BIs don’t usually need to interview the spouse, but that interview is considered to be private and I couldn’t be there. It was an unemployment verification for me. The spouse interview is more an information talk and I could have been present, but he called her while she was at work.

All is this is considered BI phase and usually happens after poly and concurrent with the medical. Everything for me was done the same week as my second medical appointment. Medical takes about 3-6 weeks to clear, so they work on completion of the BI while medical does their thing. If you have anything for psych that will occur after medical is completed and cleared and will also be considered part of the BI. Once psych is done, it goes to adjudication.
Annino  
#1009 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 6:01:12 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post

App 5/20
Phase 1 6/20
M&G 12/20
Phase 2 (W) 1/21
Phase 2 (I) 2/21
CJO 3/21
PSI 5/21
Polygraph 5/21
Med 5/21

Same thing happened with my wife. The BI called her to set up a time to interview the same day my AC called to do the spouse interview. The BI interviewed my neighbors the same day as my wife. BIs don’t usually need to interview the spouse, but that interview is considered to be private and I couldn’t be there. It was an unemployment verification for me. The spouse interview is more an information talk and I could have been present, but he called her while she was at work.

All is this is considered BI phase and usually happens after poly and concurrent with the medical. Everything for me was done the same week as my second medical appointment. Medical takes about 3-6 weeks to clear, so they work on completion of the BI while medical does their thing. If you have anything for psych that will occur after medical is completed and cleared and will also be considered part of the BI. Once psych is done, it goes to adjudication.

This is really helpful. Medical for me was done last week and contacts and employer were interviewed this week. BI said they had 14 day turnaround so that takes us to end of June. Hopefully Med/BI could be done by end of July and any potential Psych could be wrapped by beginning of Sept. Fingers crossed!
Annino  
#1010 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 6:15:02 AM(UTC)
Annino

Anyone have any good intel on FY 22 class dates/months?
Annino  
#1011 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 7:26:46 AM(UTC)
Annino

App 5/20
Phase 1 6/20
M&G 12/20
Phase 2 (W) 1/21
Phase 2 (I) 2/21
CJO 3/21
PSI 5/21
Polygraph 5/21
Med 5/21

This is really helpful. Medical for me was done last week and contacts and employer were interviewed this week. BI said they had 14 day turnaround so that takes us to end of June. Hopefully Med/BI could be done by end of July and any potential Psych could be wrapped by beginning of Sept. Fingers crossed!

Wait...they said there is a 14 day turnaround on the BI? Having been through government BIs before that seems insanely fast!

Sorry, should have been more clear. The BIs that are handling the field leads for HQ had a 14 day deadline. Not 14 days for full BI.
debellil  
#1012 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 7:50:43 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

My AC said on Monday that 22 class dates weren’t out yet. He said he’d let me know once they are.
Annino  
#1013 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 8:29:16 AM(UTC)
Annino

My AC said on Monday that 22 class dates weren’t out yet. He said he’d let me know once they are.

Good deal. Thanks
The future  
#1014 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 4:06:18 PM(UTC)
The future

United States

How long has it been taking people to receive their final offer letter After competing pre-quantico pft?
Paxor07  
#1015 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 5:04:42 PM(UTC)
Paxor07

Final offers typically go out 30 days ahead of class dates
thanks 1 user thanked Paxor07 for this useful post.
tamvid11 on 6/17/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#1016 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 5:39:22 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

I just want to say how thankful I am for this forum. I feel at times this process makes me lose my mind, but coming here and seeing others going through the same things... the same questions, fears, doubts... has kept me fairly level.
The last few weeks have been a struggle as I'm still waiting on adjudication. I've done my part, and I can only hope it has been enough. My AC says I'm still on track for August, but that doesn't do much for me until I get the official "cleared for hire" and the actual final offer letter.
I finished medical in April, references were checked in April, credit pull was beginning of May, cleared medical the beginning of May, date changed on the portal end of May... and I've been waiting on word for 6 weeks. I believe my packet was with psych after medical (when they got it or how long they took with it is completely unknown), hopefully they are done and I'm in adjudication now. I know most if not all that are on track for August have already heard the cleared for hire... I just hope mine comes soon enough!
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
S. Florida Chick on 7/20/2021(UTC)
Paxor07  
#1017 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 5:40:14 AM(UTC)
Paxor07

Has anyone been able to add a new attachment? Specifically SF50 document.
tamvid11  
#1018 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 5:52:46 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: Paxor07 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone been able to add a new attachment? Specifically SF50 document.

Yeah. Log in. Go to "My Applications" Scroll down under Attachments there is a plus sign. Just select the type of document and then name it and add it. I would also let HR or your AC know you're adding/changing it.

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 5:53:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
Paxor07 on 6/17/2021(UTC)
Mr. Liquid  
#1019 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:31:30 AM(UTC)
Mr. Liquid

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I just want to say how thankful I am for this forum. I feel at times this process makes me lose my mind, but coming here and seeing others going through the same things... the same questions, fears, doubts... has kept me fairly level.
The last few weeks have been a struggle as I'm still waiting on adjudication. I've done my part, and I can only hope it has been enough. My AC says I'm still on track for August, but that doesn't do much for me until I get the official "cleared for hire" and the actual final offer letter.
I finished medical in April, references were checked in April, credit pull was beginning of May, cleared medical the beginning of May, date changed on the portal end of May... and I've been waiting on word for 6 weeks. I believe my packet was with psych after medical (when they got it or how long they took with it is completely unknown), hopefully they are done and I'm in adjudication now. I know most if not all that are on track for August have already heard the cleared for hire... I just hope mine comes soon enough!

The one FBI agent I knew prior to applying said it took him almost 10 years to get in. I’m not sure what the story was there but must’ve been crazy. So I guess my expectations are pretty low when I applied. So the fact that it took exactly 2 years from application to Quantico seemed pretty quick and makes me pretty happy, LOL.
Annino  
#1020 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 7:06:48 AM(UTC)
Annino

This forum can be a blessing and a curse, too!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed