Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

81 Pages«<5253545556>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
debellil  
#1061 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 10:12:00 AM(UTC)
debellil

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AGJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: debellil Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys. I just heard from medical with all the info I need to follow up with. One of them is for me to get an eye exam and get the FAA Form 8500-7 filled out along with a contact lens form. Does everyone who wears glasses have to get this? My corrected vision is 20/20 and my medical exam showed that. I also have only worn contacts for my wedding and don’t plan on continuing to wear them. Just a little annoyed that I have to go back to the eye doctor (and pay for it), when I just went for my annual exam last month.

It's standard. If you test >20/100 uncorrected at your medical, you will have to get the form signed by a doc. It basically tells the FBI that you are using glasses/contacts to correct to 20/20 and that you have no issues doing so.

What Annino said. Plus, your eye doc can go just use the information from your most recent visit. Medical accepted the same info from my eye appointment 6 months prior.

Gotcha. Thanks, hopefully my doc doesn’t have an issue doing that.
Annino  
#1062 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2021 4:52:40 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Question on international travel during the background check: if one travels abroad after filling out the SF-86, should they update the investigator somehow, or is there somewhere to note upcoming travel on the document? Or is travel after the BI has begun not relevant for the purposes of the BI?

Coordinate with your processing office. Let them know about 45 days in advance and also you will be required to have a briefing when you return. This is from one of the 3 week emails.
WG15  
#1063 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2021 6:55:52 AM(UTC)
WG15

Man
United States

I just completed Phase 2 Interview waiting on the results, I feel like I could've done better, does anyone know how the grading of phase 2 is done?
MK7QF  
#1064 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2021 7:15:19 AM(UTC)
MK7QF

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WG15 Go to Quoted Post
I just completed Phase 2 Interview waiting on the results, I feel like I could've done better, does anyone know how the grading of phase 2 is done?

I wish I did lol

I don't think there's any real info available on how grading is done beyond that it's a combination of your Written and Interview. All my AC was able to tell me is that it's a combined 'score'; even if you receive an email stating you 'Fail Phase 2' they won't specify which part brought you down: Written, Interview (or both). Seems like it's a bit of a black box. Hopefully you'll hear back soon and hopefully it's a positive email! As soon as you know you 'Pass Phase 2' the grading becomes less important. Best of luck!
thanks 1 user thanked MK7QF for this useful post.
WG15 on 6/25/2021(UTC)
Micro34  
#1065 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2021 1:55:55 AM(UTC)
Micro34

Any idea how long it usually takes to hear back about the poly? It’s been about three weeks now for me
App: 9/20
PH1: 10/20
M&G: 11/20
PH II: 3/21
PH II Pass: 4/21
PSI: 5/21
Poly #1: 6/21
Poly #2 (Pass): 7/21
Medical: 8/21
tamvid11  
#1066 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2021 11:09:12 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Micro34 Go to Quoted Post
Any idea how long it usually takes to hear back about the poly? It’s been about three weeks now for me

You don’t always hear when you pass unless you ask directly. Otherwise you know when you get scheduled for medical.
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
Micro34 on 6/26/2021(UTC)
Annino  
#1067 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2021 5:47:44 AM(UTC)
Annino

@Tamvid - FYI, your inbox is full.
tamvid11  
#1068 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2021 9:12:46 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

@Tamvid - FYI, your inbox is full.

Fixed it! Thanks
elcamino99  
#1069 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 9:41:29 AM(UTC)
elcamino99

anyone hear updates regarding leaving during training if you are fully vaccinated?
Annino  
#1070 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 10:19:32 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: elcamino99 Go to Quoted Post
anyone hear updates regarding leaving during training if you are fully vaccinated?

Interested in this as well
Saapp  
#1071 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 11:13:00 AM(UTC)
Saapp

United States

If you are fully vaccinated you can leave up to 50 miles, that’s after you get a negative COVID test on the Wednesday of the first week.
roony99  
#1072 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 11:39:27 AM(UTC)
roony99

Hi everybody!

For those of you who received a final offer:

My background started in March, completed my medical to include that supplemental form they request if you wear contacts. It has been a while since I have heard back. Those of you who received your final offer, did you receive a call first? Or did you see your FBI Jobs portal update first before you received a call notifying your background was complete?

I keep checking my portal, impatiently waiting on a check mark next to "COMPLETE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION" lol.
Wiz_10  
#1073 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 11:57:49 AM(UTC)
Wiz_10

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roony99 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everybody!

My background started in March, completed my medical to include that supplemental form they request if you wear contacts. It has been a while since I have heard back. Those of you who received your final offer, did you receive a call first? Or did you see your FBI Jobs portal update first before you received a call notifying your background was complete?

I keep checking my portal, impatiently waiting on a check mark next to "COMPLETE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION" lol.

I’m in the same exact situation as you and am also very interested in this. I check this forum and that portal far too often haha. Really hoping I make it into the upcoming September class.
Annino  
#1074 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 12:18:45 PM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: Saapp Go to Quoted Post

If you are fully vaccinated you can leave up to 50 miles, that’s after you get a negative COVID test on the Wednesday of the first week.

Dangit! I'm about 100 miles away. Hopefully management re-evaluates at some point and lifts the restrictions more.
Maple_Latte  
#1075 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 12:35:15 PM(UTC)
Maple_Latte

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Wiz_10 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everybody!

I’m in the same exact situation as you and am also very interested in this. I check this forum and that portal far too often haha. Really hoping I make it into the upcoming September class.

Same here! Commiserating about the daily insanity.
Annino  
#1076 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 1:28:06 PM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: Maple_Latte Go to Quoted Post
Hi everybody!

Same here, but slightly behind you guys. Did my Poly end of April. References and employer contacted two weeks ago and my medical is complete. Waiting...
Heyguys222  
#1077 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 4:41:04 PM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Approaching 3 months of waiting for my poly to be scheduled. So if you ever wonder can the process be slow, why yes it very much can be.
Saapp  
#1078 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2021 3:08:28 AM(UTC)
Saapp

United States

Has anybody waiting for the August class received their final offer?
Annino  
#1079 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2021 4:07:35 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: Heyguys222 Go to Quoted Post
Approaching 3 months of waiting for my poly to be scheduled. So if you ever wonder can the process be slow, why yes it very much can be.

Any update from your AC ?
tamvid11  
#1080 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2021 5:09:53 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: Maple_Latte Go to Quoted Post
Hi everybody!

I'm in a very similar situation. My BI was conducted in April/May and cleared by medical the very first part of May. 6 weeks later I get an email from PSP asking for paperwork... If you've ever had counseling, you can expect this to come down the line at some point. I've heard many get it a couple weeks after clearing medical, but mine took longer. Had a date change on my application page on 5/21, but the portal remained "complete background investigation". Then I get the paperwork from PSP on 6/21. So PSP might be a little backed up? Anyway that shot down my hopes for August class, but I think Sept is definitely possible. I sent in my documentation to the black hole that is PSP last week, got a receipt notice but nothing else.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed