Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

99 Pages«<7980818283>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dispatch  
#1601 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 11:36:30 AM(UTC)
Dispatch

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I’d post this in the other thread regarding Quantico, but it’s sort or hit or miss on replies. Can anyone tell me what cell service works best down there? I live in an area where AT&T is pretty much the only game in town and I’m wondering if it works down in Q. Just don’t want to get down there and be up a creek. I’m new to the forum (as a user) so if you know the answer and don’t feel comfortable replying opening, please private message. Thank you!
tamvid11  
#1602 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 1:53:50 PM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dispatch Go to Quoted Post
I’d post this in the other thread regarding Quantico, but it’s sort or hit or miss on replies. Can anyone tell me what cell service works best down there? I live in an area where AT&T is pretty much the only game in town and I’m wondering if it works down in Q. Just don’t want to get down there and be up a creek. I’m new to the forum (as a user) so if you know the answer and don’t feel comfortable replying opening, please private message. Thank you!

AT&T worked better than most back in 2019. I had T-Mobile and couldn’t get a signal in the dorms. Outside was fine. I think now though you can put on wifi calling or something and be fine. Also, most networks have expanded and offer 5G which has expanded range. So I don’t think you’ll have any issues. There is a lot of electronic equipment all over the place especially in the dorms so you’ll get spotty service in spots regardless of carrier. If anyone has updated info, I’d definitely like to hear it.
meanhorn  
#1603 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 5:28:27 PM(UTC)
meanhorn

United States

Hello everyone,

I just started going through the application process, and I had a question regarding the Immunizations that are required. On the FBI's website, it states "Hepatitis A and B completed by one of the following means:*". It then proceeds to state that "Twinrix" is an option, which is a Hep A and Hep B combination. Then the second option seems to be two separate vaccinations, one for Hepatitis A which is 2 doses, and HEPISLAV-B which is also two doses.
After looking at my medical records, it looks like I definitely will need the Hep A vaccine, but when I was a child, I received three doses of a Hep B vaccine, but it wasn't HEPISLAV-B, it was for "HepB-Peds", which again, is 3 doses. Does anyone have any information on if this "HepB-Peds" vaccine I received as a child will count as a Hepatitis B vaccine. I am trying to figure out if I will need both vaccines if the FBI does not accept "HepB-Peds", which in that case, I'm thinking getting the Twinrix combination vaccine is the way to go, but I do not want to have to go that route if I do not need to, and I would just get the Hep A Vaccine by itself. The FBI's wording says "completed by one of the following means", and because it states HEPISLAV-B, I am wondering if this is the only Hep B vaccine they will accept.

Thank you!
JerseyGuy  
#1604 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 2:23:26 AM(UTC)
JerseyGuy

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: meanhorn Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I just started going through the application process, and I had a question regarding the Immunizations that are required. On the FBI's website, it states "Hepatitis A and B completed by one of the following means:*". It then proceeds to state that "Twinrix" is an option, which is a Hep A and Hep B combination. Then the second option seems to be two separate vaccinations, one for Hepatitis A which is 2 doses, and HEPISLAV-B which is also two doses.
After looking at my medical records, it looks like I definitely will need the Hep A vaccine, but when I was a child, I received three doses of a Hep B vaccine, but it wasn't HEPISLAV-B, it was for "HepB-Peds", which again, is 3 doses. Does anyone have any information on if this "HepB-Peds" vaccine I received as a child will count as a Hepatitis B vaccine. I am trying to figure out if I will need both vaccines if the FBI does not accept "HepB-Peds", which in that case, I'm thinking getting the Twinrix combination vaccine is the way to go, but I do not want to have to go that route if I do not need to, and I would just get the Hep A Vaccine by itself. The FBI's wording says "completed by one of the following means", and because it states HEPISLAV-B, I am wondering if this is the only Hep B vaccine they will accept.

Thank you!

Funny, exact same situation. I had decided to wait till my medical evaluation before jumping the gun on any shots because it’s all out of pocket. I had my medical evaluation a few weeks ago. They told me what my vaccine gaps were and I got an official letter stating I needed to show proof of getting the couple vaccine shots I was missing within 45 days of the letter.

Personally, I’m talking to my doctor first to see if I can get them all at once or if they need to be in a specific order or whatever.
thanks 1 user thanked JerseyGuy for this useful post.
meanhorn on 10/22/2021(UTC)
BoundMorpheme  
#1605 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 3:48:24 AM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

My vaccination record shows three doses of the Recombivax vaccine, which is for Hep B, administered when I was 7 and 8 years old. It was accepted without any issues.
thanks 1 user thanked BoundMorpheme for this useful post.
meanhorn  
#1606 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 8:26:19 AM(UTC)
meanhorn

United States

Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BoundMorpheme Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

My vaccination record shows three doses of the Recombivax vaccine, which is for Hep B, administered when I was 7 and 8 years old. It was accepted without any issues.

When I was at this point, I just took the vaccine list to my doctor, who had my previous vaccination records on file, and asked if I need any of them. Also, regarding paying for the shots, many insurances will actually pick most of these shots up as preventative, so you can always call and ask. Just note that for things like the polio vaccine they apparently accept a statement that you went to school in the US since it is required (though I did the booster in advance, not realizing that would be acceptable).

Thanks everyone for the information. There are other vaccinations I will need as well, but I didn't want to wait until the medical evaluation for this particular vaccine because the doses are administered 6 months apart. I've heard conflicting reports, some people saying that they will accept you starting the dosage process and move you forward, and others saying that you can't move on in the process until you get all doses (so 6 months). I just wanted to play it safe as I do not want to wait any longer and slow the process any further if I do not have to, and figured that's why I can at least start the Hepatitis vaccine.

I did a little more research on the "HepB-Peds" that I took, and it seems to be the same thing as the "Recombivax" vaccine that BoundMorpheme took, so if that was accepted without any issues, I am thinking that maybe I do not need the Twinrix combination vaccine, and I can probably just start the Hepatitis A vaccine, since again, it takes six months. Worse case scenario, the FBI will say that I need the HEPISLAV-B, and that one requires just two doses 4 weeks apart, not the 6 months.

I guess it all has to do with the FBI's wording, which kind of confuses me. When I talked to my doctor, they said that I am good for the Hep B vaccine that I received as a child, so I will only need the Hep A vaccine. It's just a matter of if the FBI thinks the same thing, or if they are steadfast on "HEPISLAV-B".

Edited by user Friday, October 8, 2021 8:28:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

marcellu5  
#1607 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 12:06:54 PM(UTC)
marcellu5

United States

Originally Posted by: TCpara Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post
Not that it's a fixed thing I'm sure, but does anyone have a rough idea of the general order in which the BI is conducted? For example, are your 3 references getting called usually the first sign of progress, or credit pulled, etc? Perhaps this is unknowable, but just trying to get an idea of how to gauge progress in that regard.

For me, the first thing that happened was my credit was pulled, then the following day my first reference was called (personal reference). Professional references were maybe a couple days after that. I don't think there's a general order to how its done. After speaking with my investigators they indicated to me they get assigned a task (reference or or prior address to contact) and are given a deadline of when they need to complete it by. So if you've lived/worked in multiple different states/areas you'll probably have multiple investigators who area just getting it done when they have the time (before their assigned due date).

Very interesting, thanks for the insight on that. I was just wondering because I had always assumed they'd first pull your credit (since it's a fairly quick task to accomplish) then contact references. But I check by credit report yesterday and no credit pull, but they contacted my first reference, so I'm just starting to get nervous that they will contact my current employer before I have a chance to tell them to expect the call (and that I am leaving at some point in the future) since I have Monday off. Finger's crossed that they hold off at least until Tuesday I guess...

In my case, it was a soft pull. So credit monitoring doesn't pick up on it. I had to actually get a full report and sift through the dozens of soft pulls to find it. But it was done before my references were called.

Question, did the soft pull say it came from FBI or a different agency? I got 2 different BI's going, one from long ago, but was still never adjudicated and I had a soft pull that said it was from the other agency, but coincidentally it was right after FBI said I was in background. So i'm just wondering if it's just a coincidence.

roony99  
#1608 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 9:26:57 PM(UTC)
roony99

Hey,

Somebody on this thread once posted a link with useful material to study in order to prepare for the academic portion of the academy… does anybody by any chance have that link ? I completely forgot to bookmark it….
TCpara  
#1609 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 7:15:01 AM(UTC)
TCpara

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: marcellu5 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TCpara Go to Quoted Post
Not that it's a fixed thing I'm sure, but does anyone have a rough idea of the general order in which the BI is conducted? For example, are your 3 references getting called usually the first sign of progress, or credit pulled, etc? Perhaps this is unknowable, but just trying to get an idea of how to gauge progress in that regard.

For me, the first thing that happened was my credit was pulled, then the following day my first reference was called (personal reference). Professional references were maybe a couple days after that. I don't think there's a general order to how its done. After speaking with my investigators they indicated to me they get assigned a task (reference or or prior address to contact) and are given a deadline of when they need to complete it by. So if you've lived/worked in multiple different states/areas you'll probably have multiple investigators who area just getting it done when they have the time (before their assigned due date).

Very interesting, thanks for the insight on that. I was just wondering because I had always assumed they'd first pull your credit (since it's a fairly quick task to accomplish) then contact references. But I check by credit report yesterday and no credit pull, but they contacted my first reference, so I'm just starting to get nervous that they will contact my current employer before I have a chance to tell them to expect the call (and that I am leaving at some point in the future) since I have Monday off. Finger's crossed that they hold off at least until Tuesday I guess...

In my case, it was a soft pull. So credit monitoring doesn't pick up on it. I had to actually get a full report and sift through the dozens of soft pulls to find it. But it was done before my references were called.

Question, did the soft pull say it came from FBI or a different agency? I got 2 different BI's going, one from long ago, but was still never adjudicated and I had a soft pull that said it was from the other agency, but coincidentally it was right after FBI said I was in background. So i'm just wondering if it's just a coincidence.

It’s been a few months now, but I want to say that it actually said “FBI”
meanhorn  
#1610 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 12:42:11 PM(UTC)
meanhorn

United States

Hello again,

Does anybody who went through the medical evaluation remember what kind of forms/paperwork they ask for? Let's assume someone's never been on any medication, has never been hospitalized in the past 20 years, and is relatively healthy, etc., are they still going to require a ton of paperwork from every physician you've ever had growing up? Or will this kind of documentation only be required if the applicant has a medical history. Is your word enough?

I ask because I am not sure how difficult it's going to be to get my medical records from 10-20 years back from a different state than the one I am living in now, and if this is something that I can start looking into to speed up the process, then I would probably start doing so. However, If I am able to go in the medical evaluation with just my immunization forms, and nothing else, I am wondering if this is enough assuming no medical issues present from what they can see.

Thanks.
NGP  
#1611 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 3:12:48 PM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello again,

Does anybody who went through the medical evaluation remember what kind of forms/paperwork they ask for? Let's assume someone's never been on any medication, has never been hospitalized in the past 20 years, and is relatively healthy, etc., are they still going to require a ton of paperwork from every physician you've ever had growing up? Or will this kind of documentation only be required if the applicant has a medical history. Is your word enough?

I ask because I am not sure how difficult it's going to be to get my medical records from 10-20 years back from a different state than the one I am living in now, and if this is something that I can start looking into to speed up the process, then I would probably start doing so. However, If I am able to go in the medical evaluation with just my immunization forms, and nothing else, I am wondering if this is enough assuming no medical issues present from what they can see.

Thanks.

The things you'll need documentation for are hospitalizations in the past 5 years, any chronic conditions, any surgeries in the last 2 years or if you're a veteran you'll need your VA rating packet if applicable. If you don't fall in any of those categories you likely won't need any documentation outside what they send you to fill out. If you do, they'll let you know and they'll more then likely make you follow up with a physician on your own dime.

thanks 1 user thanked NGP for this useful post.
meanhorn  
#1612 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 3:47:55 PM(UTC)
meanhorn

United States

Hello again,

Thanks.

The things you'll need documentation for are hospitalizations in the past 5 years, any chronic conditions, any surgeries in the last 2 years or if you're a veteran you'll need your VA rating packet if applicable. If you don't fall in any of those categories you likely won't need any documentation outside what they send you to fill out. If you do, they'll let you know and they'll more then likely make you follow up with a physician on your own dime.

I appreciate the response, thank you.
Annino  
#1613 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 7:04:52 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Has anyone here gone through the Psych follow-up process and get successfully adjudicated? I see a lot of questions about the process, but not a whole lot of follow up on what the ultimate outcome was. Just curious. Thank you!
thanks 1 user thanked Annino for this useful post.
e2b13 on 10/11/2021(UTC)
Micro34  
#1614 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 7:20:31 AM(UTC)
Micro34

It's now been two months after medical for me. I was told last week that my background check hasn't started, but they hope it begins soon.

Has anyone else had such an odd scenario like this? 2 months after medical with no movement seems pretty significant to me.
App: 9/20
PH1: 10/20
M&G: 11/20
PH II: 3/21
PH II Pass: 4/21
PSI: 5/21
Poly #1: 6/21
Poly #2 (Pass): 7/21
Medical: 8/21
NGP  
#1615 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 7:57:36 AM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Micro34 Go to Quoted Post
It's now been two months after medical for me. I was told last week that my background check hasn't started, but they hope it begins soon.

Has anyone else had such an odd scenario like this? 2 months after medical with no movement seems pretty significant to me.

That seems odd to me. Are you processing out of a small field office? Maybe they're backed up in terms of investigators?
Micro34  
#1616 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 8:19:05 AM(UTC)
Micro34

Originally Posted by: Micro34 Go to Quoted Post

That seems odd to me. Are you processing out of a small field office? Maybe they're backed up in terms of investigators?

No...not a small office at all. Yeah, seems very odd to me. Don't want to get too specific, but major Midwest office.
App: 9/20
PH1: 10/20
M&G: 11/20
PH II: 3/21
PH II Pass: 4/21
PSI: 5/21
Poly #1: 6/21
Poly #2 (Pass): 7/21
Medical: 8/21
e2b13  
#1617 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 10:13:11 AM(UTC)
e2b13

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jk2018 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone here gone through the Psych follow-up process and get successfully adjudicated? I see a lot of questions about the process, but not a whole lot of follow up on what the ultimate outcome was. Just curious. Thank you!

Also interested in this!

Any insight into this stage would be helpful!
tamvid11  
#1618 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 3:10:40 PM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: e2b13 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jk2018 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post

Also interested in this!

Any insight into this stage would be helpful!

I’ve definitely followed and talked to several who have gone through various scenarios with psych. Most I’ve seen were successfully hired too. Some are just asked for an update from prior docs, some had to do a personal statement, others had to do the combo above and then get a request to do a full psych eval. It really depends on the person, situation, access to records, etc.
I’ve completed the psych eval stage… which should be the last part of my adjudication. Mind you this request came 4 months after clearing medical and 3 months after submitting the first round of information and records to psych.
Just jump through the hoops as the come. Hopefully you all don’t have as many as me, but get through it… complete what they ask of you. And good luck to you.
If anyone gets the psych eval request and needs some insights- PM me. The instructions are vague and leaves you to do a ton of work - and just have an arm and/or a leg reserved to pay because it will be on your own dime.
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
e2b13 on 10/12/2021(UTC)
JuanitaValjean  
#1619 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 9:19:23 AM(UTC)
JuanitaValjean

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Anyone have an idea of how the virtual meet and greets are handled? I seem to have the "group" session over a virtual platform but then an individual in person meeting separately.

Excited for this process to begin. Anyone have an insight to the age range of people going into this process? I imagine most are early 30s and late 20s?
Irish  
#1620 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 10:12:56 AM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Taking the PFT tomorrow folks. A couple of questions. The automated emails i get from FBINOREPLY keep stating theres an attachment of liability I need to fill out but theres no attachment. I found a pft liability waiver online and will bring that to the pft tomorrow, did ya'll do the same thing? Also, are all PFT's on MST time? I ask this because MST is an hour ahead of me and I don't want to show up at 6AM when the time is actually at 5AM. So i'm curious if the time is set for your location or if I have to adjust. If anyone has insight that would be great, Thanks.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed