Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

86 Pages«<7980818283>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alright2015  
#1601 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 10:11:26 AM(UTC)
Alright2015

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
For those of you that took the PFT these last few months, how long did it take your portal to update with the green check showing that it’s completed?
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
NGP  
#1602 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 10:34:43 AM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Alright2015 Go to Quoted Post
For those of you that took the PFT these last few months, how long did it take your portal to update with the green check showing that it’s completed?

Took it on a Tuesday and it was updated on the following Thursday. I think it all depends on when the admin gets around to entering the data.
Alright2015  
#1603 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 2:31:32 PM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alright2015 Go to Quoted Post

Took it on a Tuesday and it was updated on the following Thursday. I think it all depends on when the admin gets around to entering the data.

Ok thanks. Idk why mine is taking so long, I took and passed mine on September 14th and it’s still not updated.
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
NGP  
#1604 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 7:59:36 AM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Originally Posted by: Jk2018 Go to Quoted Post
I was medically cleared in the beginning of august.

I'm cleared medical and just waiting on completion of background, but haven't received any mental health questionnaire.

Not sure what to make of that

Edited by user Thursday, September 30, 2021 8:00:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Annino  
#1605 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 8:05:56 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post
I was medically cleared in the beginning of august.

I'm cleared medical and just waiting on completion of background, but haven't received any mental health questionnaire.

Not sure what to make of that

FWIW I didn't get my questionnaire request from Psych until about 3 months after my medical exam.
thanks 1 user thanked Annino for this useful post.
NGP on 9/30/2021(UTC)
ctapplicant21  
#1606 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 8:46:15 AM(UTC)
ctapplicant21

Is it a false rumor that if you get a 21 or better on the pre-Quantico PFT that you don't have to retake it at Quantico? I have only read that a 21 or better just makes your score good for one year.
NGP  
#1607 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 9:04:09 AM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Originally Posted by: ctapplicant21 Go to Quoted Post
Is it a false rumor that if you get a 21 or better on the pre-Quantico PFT that you don't have to retake it at Quantico? I have only read that a 21 or better just makes your score good for one year.

I don't know about at Quantico but I scored over 21 and afterwards I received an email stating I don't have to take another test as long as I go to the academy within the next year.
Mr.Jeep  
#1608 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 9:11:14 AM(UTC)
Mr.Jeep

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Received a questionnaire from psych today, however I've never received any counseling, nor have I ever had any mental health symptoms. I responded to the screening unit and asked how to proceed or what triggered me being sent the questionnaire and they replied that all on coming employees are sent the questionnaire. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

What does the psych questionnaire entail? I have not had any counseling or mental health symptoms either so I am curious, just got my medical appointment
App:1/21
P1:2/21
M&G:2/21
P2w:4/21
P2i:6/21
CAO:7/21
PSI:8/21
Poly:8/21
Poly2:9/21
Ref:10/21
Credit:10/21
Med: 11/21

debellil  
#1609 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 9:32:08 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ctapplicant21 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah that’s false. Everyone takes the PFT at Q three times. You just have to pass it once while you’re there. A 21 would be good for a year pre Q though. My AC confirmed this during a PFT.
thanks 1 user thanked debellil for this useful post.
ctapplicant21 on 9/30/2021(UTC)
Mr.Jeep  
#1610 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 10:57:24 AM(UTC)
Mr.Jeep

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr.Jeep Go to Quoted Post
Received a questionnaire from psych today, however I've never received any counseling, nor have I ever had any mental health symptoms. I responded to the screening unit and asked how to proceed or what triggered me being sent the questionnaire and they replied that all on coming employees are sent the questionnaire. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

What does the psych questionnaire entail? I have not had any counseling or mental health symptoms either so I am curious, just got my medical appointment

It was questions regarding symptoms and counseling. I am not sold that everyone gets this as I have never heard that before. I will post an update to that if I hear anything else.

Weird, I would think you just answer "None" to every question then and that's that. I will let you know if something like that comes my way since I'll be at that stage in a month. Always hear about psych being a blackhole
App:1/21
P1:2/21
M&G:2/21
P2w:4/21
P2i:6/21
CAO:7/21
PSI:8/21
Poly:8/21
Poly2:9/21
Ref:10/21
Credit:10/21
Med: 11/21

roony99  
#1611 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 6:05:32 AM(UTC)
roony99

Hey everybody!

Question: If you see a date change during your background (and have already been medically cleared and it’s been 8 months since I have been in background with no date changes), does that mean I’m probably in adjudication?

What do you all think?

Annino  
#1612 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 6:59:51 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: roony99 Go to Quoted Post
Hey everybody!

Question: If you see a date change during your background (and have already been medically cleared and it’s been 8 months since I have been in background with no date changes), does that mean I’m probably in adjudication?

What do you all think?

Yep! SOunds like it. Unless you put down anything Psych related. In which case, you should expect a follow up request from Psych.
Annino  
#1613 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2021 6:29:13 AM(UTC)
Annino

Has anyone heard anything about Quantico and whether the policy for leaving will be letting up anytime soon?
But_Why  
#1614 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2021 1:02:07 PM(UTC)
But_Why

United States

Couple questions and thanks in advance!

1. Virtual meet and greet - how long did yours go? Is it like a conversational way or they brief you for an hour then you get to ask?

2. Resume - It says put competencies within it.. did you put it after professional summary? Also, did you put each core? I can’t find the template for this one.

3. Meet and greet at actual building - is it only paperwork? Do I need negative covid test before coming in?

Really thankful for this forum and for everyone’s contribution!!
Thefreakinbest19  
#1615 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 8:07:43 AM(UTC)
Thefreakinbest19

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
If any female is looking for a fantastic physical fitness training program, I suggest trying out Competitive Female Training, Tactical Female Training Program. It’s an online program and all you need is a gym. It’s some of the best programming specific to female weaknesses that I have done. Coming from a female who has successfully gotten through the military and Quantico, this is a great program with great coaches. Let the coach know what you’re training for (new SA pft) and your timeline. The coach has successfully passed this pft, as well as many others. I haven’t been on this forum since I got to Quantico and didn't plan on ever getting back on. But, this program is too great not to share.

https://www.competitivef...ng.com/tactical-athlete/

Edited by user Sunday, October 3, 2021 8:38:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Applied: 9/10/18
Quantico:9/15/19
thanks 1 user thanked Thefreakinbest19 for this useful post.
debellil on 10/3/2021(UTC)
AK  
#1616 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 9:49:42 AM(UTC)
AK

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: But_Why Go to Quoted Post
Couple questions and thanks in advance!

1. Virtual meet and greet - how long did yours go? Is it like a conversational way or they brief you for an hour then you get to ask?

2. Resume - It says put competencies within it.. did you put it after professional summary? Also, did you put each core? I can’t find the template for this one.

3. Meet and greet at actual building - is it only paperwork? Do I need negative covid test before coming in?

Really thankful for this forum and for everyone’s contribution!!

1. My virtual meet and greet took about 1 hour, it was just a one on one with one of the agents that work there and I asked some questions about the process and what the job is like as well as placement since I wanted to be in a specific department.

2. Resume, I took the format it provided on the FBI site, I dont think it said anything about specific competencies but in the jobs I did I made sure to highlight that I apply each of the competencies at my jobs. The template is located either on your application portal or the PDF that describes how to apply.

3. I did not have a meet in greet in the building so I am not sure about this one but I assume it would be similar to the virtual I would bring in your FBI resume to that one though and when I went to my interview I brought my vaccination card but they never checked it.

Hope this helps :)
thanks 1 user thanked AK for this useful post.
But_Why on 10/3/2021(UTC)
BGSH88  
#1617 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 10:37:40 AM(UTC)
BGSH88

United States

Has anyone else been requested to schedule a comprehensive psychological assessment? I received an email requesting additional records which was that they are requesting that I scheduled a comprehensive psychological assessment with a licensed clinical psychologist that has law enforcement pre-hiring assessment experience. They said I have to pay for it out of pocket and that I have to find my own licensed clinical psychologist. This has been quite a task to even find anyone qualified and when I do find someone they state that they only conduct these assessments if they have been directly hired by a specific agency.

I'm not even sure why I have to do this in the first place since I have never been diagnosed with any mental or psychological health conditions and have never taken any medications either. I went to relationship counseling because our family is a blended family and we wanted to improve our communication and also discuss how to raise our children since we came from different backgrounds and that's it. Our counselor filled out a form stating that there is no mental diagnosis and so on.

I don't understand how they just request that I find my own psychologist and they don't even provide a list or anything. They told me to search "police psychologist," which rendered nothing.

Has anyone else gone through this process? Any information, advise or even a list of psychologists would be really helpful.
Proteus  
#1618 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 11:33:43 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Anybody know what the spouse interview consists of exactly? Is it similar to the interview of "people who know you well," or is it more informational?
debellil  
#1619 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 11:39:13 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Anybody know what the spouse interview consists of exactly? Is it similar to the interview of "people who know you well," or is it more informational?

I wasn’t there obviously, but my husband took notes and it seemed to be mostly informational and making sure your spouse is aware of things like the mobility agreement, that you’ll be carrying a firearm, etc.

Edited by user Monday, October 4, 2021 12:16:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

thanks 1 user thanked debellil for this useful post.
Proteus on 10/4/2021(UTC)
NGP  
#1620 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 12:10:37 PM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Originally Posted by: debellil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post

I was there obviously, but my husband took notes and it seemed to be mostly informational and making sure your spouse is aware of things like the mobility agreement, that you’ll be carrying a firearm, etc.

Mine was done over the phone for my wife. But pretty much the same as @debellil said, mostly informational about pay, Quantico, etc. with a little bit of character type questions.
thanks 1 user thanked NGP for this useful post.
Proteus on 10/4/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed