Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

86 Pages«<8081828384>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Proteus  
#1621 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 5:53:18 PM(UTC)
Proteus

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: debellil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Anybody know what the spouse interview consists of exactly? Is it similar to the interview of "people who know you well," or is it more informational?

I was there obviously, but my husband took notes and it seemed to be mostly informational and making sure your spouse is aware of things like the mobility agreement, that you’ll be carrying a firearm, etc.

Mine was done over the phone for my wife. But pretty much the same as @debellil said, mostly informational about pay, Quantico, etc. with a little bit of character type questions.

Thank for this. They called my spouse to schedule a time to talk in person, and I just wanted to be able to give her an idea of what to expect. I guess it's a promising sign that less than a month into the BI they have already called all three of my references, nearly all my employers, asked me follow-ups for travel, and now scheduled my spouse interview. Feels like it is moving quickly. Though perhaps others thought the same before they settled in for 6 months of waiting?
NGP  
#1622 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 5:11:23 AM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Anybody know what the spouse interview consists of exactly? Is it similar to the interview of "people who know you well," or is it more informational?

I was there obviously, but my husband took notes and it seemed to be mostly informational and making sure your spouse is aware of things like the mobility agreement, that you’ll be carrying a firearm, etc.

Mine was done over the phone for my wife. But pretty much the same as @debellil said, mostly informational about pay, Quantico, etc. with a little bit of character type questions.

Thank for this. They called my spouse to schedule a time to talk in person, and I just wanted to be able to give her an idea of what to expect. I guess it's a promising sign that less than a month into the BI they have already called all three of my references, nearly all my employers, asked me follow-ups for travel, and now scheduled my spouse interview. Feels like it is moving quickly. Though perhaps others thought the same before they settled in for 6 months of waiting?

All my references were contacted and spousal interview completed in the first 3 weeks to a month after poly. Now it's been a month and I've heard nothing.

I thought it was going fast too, thinking any day now but I'm starting to think I was just fooling myself.

If the FBI monitors how often you login to the portal, they'd probably tell me to chill.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 5, 2021 5:13:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked NGP for this useful post.
Proteus on 10/5/2021(UTC)
Proteus  
#1623 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 7:28:34 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

All my references were contacted and spousal interview completed in the first 3 weeks to a month after poly. Now it's been a month and I've heard nothing.

I thought it was going fast too, thinking any day now but I'm starting to think I was just fooling myself.

If the FBI monitors how often you login to the portal, they'd probably tell me to chill.

Have your former employers already been contacted and you've been asked for any follow-up info in other areas yet, or literally all you've gotten is your "people who know you well" and spouse contacted, and that's it so far?
NGP  
#1624 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 7:40:28 AM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Have your former employers already been contacted and you've been asked for any follow-up info in other areas yet, or literally all you've gotten is your "people who know you well" and spouse contacted, and that's it so far?

Nope, literally every reference from my SF86 has been contacted. All past employers, personal references, past addresses point of contacts. Had some follow up for additional references as well who have also been contacted. Not sure what's left in terms of BI. So that's why I've been expecting news, either good or bad.

Alright2015  
#1625 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 7:57:12 AM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey y’all, I’ve completed everything in the hiring process, been favorably adjudicated in August and passed the PFT mid September. Has anybody here that’s finished with everything been told by AC that they are on December academy roster or anything of that nature? My AC was rushing me to take PFT so i could be in December class but since I’ve passed she hasn’t really said anything about me being on the roster or anything. Feel like I was rushed to take PFT for no reason, cause if i don’t get into December class then I’ll have to take PFT again.
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
debellil  
#1626 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 8:09:58 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Alright2015 Go to Quoted Post
Hey y’all, I’ve completed everything in the hiring process, been favorably adjudicated in August and passed the PFT mid September. Has anybody here that’s finished with everything been told by AC that they are on December academy roster or anything of that nature? My AC was rushing me to take PFT so i could be in December class but since I’ve passed she hasn’t really said anything about me being on the roster or anything. Feel like I was rushed to take PFT for no reason, cause if i don’t get into December class then I’ll have to take PFT again.

I was told at my last PFT I was on the roster. Have you asked your AC? I feel like mine wouldn’t have told me if I hadn’t seen her in person.
thanks 1 user thanked debellil for this useful post.
Alright2015 on 10/5/2021(UTC)
Irish  
#1627 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 9:09:01 AM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

I take the pft on the 13th so i can ask if the December class is filled (with the assumption i pass that is). But i'm hoping to get into that December class.
thanks 1 user thanked Irish for this useful post.
e2b13 on 10/5/2021(UTC)
Alright2015  
#1628 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 10:10:26 AM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Irish Go to Quoted Post

I take the pft on the 13th so i can ask if the December class is filled (with the assumption i pass that is). But i'm hoping to get into that December class.

Hey and yes please ask and let us know. Would love to hear more information. And good luck, you’ll do great!!
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
WG15  
#1629 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 5:25:05 AM(UTC)
WG15

Man
United States

Question, I went to the medical appointment few weeks ago and received a letter stating that some vaccines were missing, they only gave me 45 days to complete it, one of the vaccines requires two doses the second being 6 months from the first one. Does anyone know if this can cause any issues or they will be okay since I received the first dose?

Thanks
Mr.Jeep  
#1630 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 5:47:16 AM(UTC)
Mr.Jeep

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WG15 Go to Quoted Post
Question, I went to the medical appointment few weeks ago and received a letter stating that some vaccines were missing, they only gave me 45 days to complete it, one of the vaccines requires two doses the second being 6 months from the first one. Does anyone know if this can cause any issues or they will be okay since I received the first dose?

Thanks

Based on what others have said on this forum you should submit the relevant information that you started the first dose and that should be sufficient. I would confirm with your AC because I have heard conflicting information saying that either 1. you need the second dose pre-Quantico, or 2. you can start Quantico and get the second dose during the academy. If anyone knows better than me feel free to clarify.

Something else I wanted to mention, you can get the Hep B done in less than 6 months. You just need to understand which vaccine treatment you are using and the CDC minimum vaccine interval requirements. I got mine done in 16 weeks because I did the 3 dose engerix vaccine which requires 8 weeks between dose 2 and dose 3 and 16 weeks between dose 1 and dose 3. The recommended guidance is 6 months so my doctor and immunology center initially said I had to wait but when I found the minimum interval guidance on the CDC website I was able to use this and get the vaccines done quicker. Here is a link to the hep B minimum intervals between doses for each vaccine treatment (copied the relevant section below):

https://www.cdc.gov/vacc...imz/adult.html#note-hepb

"Routine vaccination
Not at risk but want protection from hepatitis B

(identification of risk factor not required): 2- or 3-dose series (2-dose series Heplisav-B at least 4 weeks apart [2-dose series HepB only applies when 2 doses of Heplisav-B are used at least 4 weeks apart] or 3-dose series Engerix-B or Recombivax HB at 0, 1, 6 months [minimum intervals: dose 1 to dose 2: 4 weeks / dose 2 to dose 3: 8 weeks / dose 1 to dose 3: 16 weeks]) or 3-dose series HepA-HepB (Twinrix at 0, 1, 6 months [minimum intervals: dose 1 to dose 2: 4 weeks / dose 2 to dose 3: 5 months])"
App:1/21
P1:2/21
M&G:2/21
P2w:4/21
P2i:6/21
CAO:7/21
PSI:8/21
Poly:8/21
Poly2:9/21
Ref:10/21
Credit:10/21
Med: 11/21

Mr.Jeep  
#1631 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 5:57:13 AM(UTC)
Mr.Jeep

United States

Is there more than one "class" that starts Quantico on the same day (not talking about overlapping classes from prior class dates)?

I keep seeing everywhere that class sizes are approx. 40-50 NATs but I have also seen references that the FBI hires approx. 700-900 agents per year. Obviously 5-6 classes per year at 50 agents does not get anywhere close to 700, so either something I read was wrong or I am missing something.

WG15  
#1632 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 6:02:22 AM(UTC)
WG15

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Mr.Jeep Go to Quoted Post

Thanks

Based on what others have said on this forum you should submit the relevant information that you started the first dose and that should be sufficient. I would confirm with your AC because I have heard conflicting information saying that either 1. you need the second dose pre-Quantico, or 2. you can start Quantico and get the second dose during the academy. If anyone knows better than me feel free to clarify.

Something else I wanted to mention, you can get the Hep B done in less than 6 months. You just need to understand which vaccine treatment you are using and the CDC minimum vaccine interval requirements. I got mine done in 16 weeks because I did the 3 dose engerix vaccine which requires 8 weeks between dose 2 and dose 3 and 16 weeks between dose 1 and dose 3. The recommended guidance is 6 months so my doctor and immunology center initially said I had to wait but when I found the minimum interval guidance on the CDC website I was able to use this and get the vaccines done quicker. Here is a link to the hep B minimum intervals between doses for each vaccine treatment (copied the relevant section below):

https://www.cdc.gov/vacc...imz/adult.html#note-hepb

"Routine vaccination
Not at risk but want protection from hepatitis B

(identification of risk factor not required): 2- or 3-dose series (2-dose series Heplisav-B at least 4 weeks apart [2-dose series HepB only applies when 2 doses of Heplisav-B are used at least 4 weeks apart] or 3-dose series Engerix-B or Recombivax HB at 0, 1, 6 months [minimum intervals: dose 1 to dose 2: 4 weeks / dose 2 to dose 3: 8 weeks / dose 1 to dose 3: 16 weeks]) or 3-dose series HepA-HepB (Twinrix at 0, 1, 6 months [minimum intervals: dose 1 to dose 2: 4 weeks / dose 2 to dose 3: 5 months])"

Thanks! It’s the Hep A vaccine, I already have the Hep B, so this limit me to the two dose option. I sent the documentation to my AC, hopefully everything goes well.
Irish  
#1633 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 6:59:32 AM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Thanks

So I needed to get 3 shots, and 1 was a live vaccine so i needed to wait at least 6 weeks to get the others. I think overall it took me about 2 and a half months to finish my shots. I was never told that I had to do it within 45 days. I updated my AS with what was happening and why i had to wait to take the other vaccines. They were fine with it. Also, I had to get the hep A but I had already gotten the first shot when I was 18 (I left the country for a few years and it was a requirement for the country I was living in) but never got the second. The bureau accepted the first shot but I still needed to get a second dose of Hep A. So for me, getting the "first shot" and getting the second shot at Quantico was false. They wanted all vaccine requirements fulfilled before quantico.
thanks 1 user thanked Irish for this useful post.
Mr.Jeep on 10/6/2021(UTC)
Proteus  
#1634 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 7:40:46 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Is there more than one "class" that starts Quantico on the same day (not talking about overlapping classes from prior class dates)?

I keep seeing everywhere that class sizes are approx. 40-50 NATs but I have also seen references that the FBI hires approx. 700-900 agents per year. Obviously 5-6 classes per year at 50 agents does not get anywhere close to 700, so either something I read was wrong or I am missing something.

Perhaps the total number of "agents hired" per year is referencing the number of conditional offers accepted? There is something like a 50% attrition from the poly from what I understand, so if 700 are given a conditional offer every year and only 350 make it past the poly stage, and then, say 50 more drop out for various other reasons, then 6 classes at 50 NATs per makes the math work. I have no inside info or anything, but just taking a stab at it.
Mr.Jeep  
#1635 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 8:10:28 AM(UTC)
Mr.Jeep

United States

Perhaps the total number of "agents hired" per year is referencing the number of conditional offers accepted? There is something like a 50% attrition from the poly from what I understand, so if 700 are given a conditional offer every year and only 350 make it past the poly stage, and then, say 50 more drop out for various other reasons, then 6 classes at 50 NATs per makes the math work. I have no inside info or anything, but just taking a stab at it.

I was just given the following clarification via PM by another member who was having trouble posting: "Your actual class size ranges from 175-200. You are broken up into 4 cohorts…Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta. The cohorts is where you’re hearing the 40-50 per thing at. So all 200 of you start on that same day, but you only mesh pretty much with the 40-50 of your cohort."

thanks 5 users thanked Mr.Jeep for this useful post.
debellil on 10/6/2021(UTC), Proteus on 10/6/2021(UTC), e2b13 on 10/6/2021(UTC), BoundMorpheme on 10/6/2021(UTC), MK7QF on 10/6/2021(UTC)
COmtbr  
#1636 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 9:42:10 AM(UTC)
COmtbr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

50% attrition from the poly?? Dang. I didn't realize it was that high. I have mine soon... This just added to the nerves. lol.
App: 6/21
P1: 7/21
M&G: 7/21
PII W: 8/21
PII I: 9/21
CAO: 9/21
TRP Designator: 10/21
PSI: 10/21
Poly: 12/21 (scheduled)
DUSM90  
#1637 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 10:27:49 AM(UTC)
DUSM90

United States

I call bs on the 50% fail rate. That’s like BP bad. I heard it was closer to like 25%…either way, it’s all conjecture.
Proteus  
#1638 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 10:31:48 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post

50% attrition from the poly?? Dang. I didn't realize it was that high. I have mine soon... This just added to the nerves. lol.

I wouldn't worry. I was super nervous and it went fine, so just go in there and tell the truth and you should do just alright.
Dispatch  
#1639 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 11:36:30 AM(UTC)
Dispatch

I’d post this in the other thread regarding Quantico, but it’s sort or hit or miss on replies. Can anyone tell me what cell service works best down there? I live in an area where AT&T is pretty much the only game in town and I’m wondering if it works down in Q. Just don’t want to get down there and be up a creek. I’m new to the forum (as a user) so if you know the answer and don’t feel comfortable replying opening, please private message. Thank you!
tamvid11  
#1640 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 1:53:50 PM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dispatch Go to Quoted Post
I’d post this in the other thread regarding Quantico, but it’s sort or hit or miss on replies. Can anyone tell me what cell service works best down there? I live in an area where AT&T is pretty much the only game in town and I’m wondering if it works down in Q. Just don’t want to get down there and be up a creek. I’m new to the forum (as a user) so if you know the answer and don’t feel comfortable replying opening, please private message. Thank you!

AT&T worked better than most back in 2019. I had T-Mobile and couldn’t get a signal in the dorms. Outside was fine. I think now though you can put on wifi calling or something and be fine. Also, most networks have expanded and offer 5G which has expanded range. So I don’t think you’ll have any issues. There is a lot of electronic equipment all over the place especially in the dorms so you’ll get spotty service in spots regardless of carrier. If anyone has updated info, I’d definitely like to hear it.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed