Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

97 Pages«<8485868788>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Annino  
#1701 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2021 12:27:43 PM(UTC)
Annino

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Anyone know if you can get put on a roster without having passed the PFT yet? I’m hoping to get December and my PFT is in a week.
debellil  
#1702 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2021 12:33:05 PM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know if you can get put on a roster without having passed the PFT yet? I’m hoping to get December and my PFT is in a week.

I had been told I was on the December roster before passing a PFT, just needed to pass to keep the spot.
Annino  
#1703 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2021 12:34:14 PM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: debellil Go to Quoted Post

I had been told I was on the December roster before passing a PFT, just needed to pass to keep the spot.

Thanks! Is PFT still a 5 pre-Q?
debellil  
#1704 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2021 12:50:31 PM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Yup! Good luck!
Annino  
#1705 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2021 1:03:04 PM(UTC)
Annino

Yup! Good luck!

Thanks! Hope to see you there!
Annino  
#1706 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 7:06:51 AM(UTC)
Annino

Does anyone have good intel about how the FO ranking process works at the Academy? Are you asked to rank 1-56, top 10, or regions only?
Heyguys222  
#1707 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 8:38:13 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Does anyone have good intel about how the FO ranking process works at the Academy? Are you asked to rank 1-56, top 10, or regions only?

Last I heard it was list them all from most wanted to least and be prepared to be sent anywhere.
thanks 1 user thanked Heyguys222 for this useful post.
Annino on 10/26/2021(UTC)
WG15  
#1708 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 11:38:09 AM(UTC)
WG15

Man
United States

Does anyone have an idea how long adjudication takes? I’m in a weird position, I was getting frequent updates from the investigators now to complete silence two weeks ago, only one reference was contacted but I have not been cleared for medical because a missing vaccine. Does anyone know if you can still get cleared for BI pending medical or they all connected as one?
meanhorn  
#1709 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 11:49:06 AM(UTC)
meanhorn

United States

Originally Posted by: WG15 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have an idea how long adjudication takes? I’m in a weird position, I was getting frequent updates from the investigators now to complete silence two weeks ago, only one reference was contacted but I have not been cleared for medical because a missing vaccine. Does anyone know if you can still get cleared for BI pending medical or they all connected as one?

I am curious about this as well. Do you mind telling us which vaccine you have missing? I am wondering if only getting the first dose of the Hep A vaccine (one must wait 6 months for the second dose) will prevent someone from being cleared for their medical, and if the entire background portion will be delayed because of this.
WG15  
#1710 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 11:55:47 AM(UTC)
WG15

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: meanhorn Go to Quoted Post

I am curious about this as well. Do you mind telling us which vaccine you have missing? I am wondering if only getting the first dose of the Hep A vaccine (one must wait 6 months for the second dose) will prevent someone from being cleared for their medical, and if the entire background portion will be delayed because of this.

I was missing the Hep A as well, did the first dose but second is due in 6 months.
meanhorn  
#1711 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 12:11:39 PM(UTC)
meanhorn

United States

Originally Posted by: meanhorn Go to Quoted Post

I was missing the Hep A as well, did the first dose but second is due in 6 months.

That is unfortunate, I would have hoped that you starting the series would have been enough for them to clear you, with the condition that you get the second dose in 6 months time. I did not know that they instead put the entire process on hold until those 6 months pass.
RickRolled  
#1712 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 12:18:00 PM(UTC)
RickRolled

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I also had to get two doses of Hep A. Got the first one back in May && was told not to worry about the second one/that the first dose was good enough to get me through medical. (Although, I’ll be getting the second dose this November, obviously with enough time before potentially leaving. So I’m not sure if I was told it would be okay and that I would be cleared (because I’d get the second dose before academy) or because it was okay to just have the first dose. Hopefully that helps? 😬
thanks 1 user thanked RickRolled for this useful post.
meanhorn on 10/26/2021(UTC)
NGP  
#1713 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 12:29:39 PM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)

I was also getting frequent updates from investigators in the first three weeks after my poly. Now Its been complete radio silence for over 2 months. I cleared medical sometime in early September, not sure if it had any bearing on the status of my BI.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 26, 2021 1:21:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

meanhorn  
#1714 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 1:01:08 PM(UTC)
meanhorn

United States

Originally Posted by: RickRolled Go to Quoted Post
I also had to get two doses of Hep A. Got the first one back in May && was told not to worry about the second one/that the first dose was good enough to get me through medical. (Although, I’ll be getting the second dose this November, obviously with enough time before potentially leaving. So I’m not sure if I was told it would be okay and that I would be cleared (because I’d get the second dose before academy) or because it was okay to just have the first dose. Hopefully that helps? 😬

Yes, thank you! Maybe they clear people for the medical as long as they think you can get the second dose before the academy.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 26, 2021 1:02:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NGP  
#1715 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 2:44:51 PM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr.Jeep Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post

I was also getting frequent updates from investigators in the first three weeks after my poly. Now Its been complete radio silence for over 2 months. I cleared medical sometime in early September, not sure if it had any bearing on the status of my BI.

Are you getting an email saying you cleared medical or is this all because you reached out to the AC and asked if you cleared medical? Wondering if there is a formal notice or not.

I had to submit supplemental medical documentation so I had been communicating with the medical administrator for a few weeks. After I submitted the last needed document I asked if anything else was needed. A couple days later she responded and said no you are now medically cleared. Not sure if they would have told me or not had I not asked.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 26, 2021 2:45:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

e2b13  
#1716 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 4:10:54 PM(UTC)
e2b13

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr.Jeep Go to Quoted Post

Are you getting an email saying you cleared medical or is this all because you reached out to the AC and asked if you cleared medical? Wondering if there is a formal notice or not.

I had to submit supplemental medical documentation so I had been communicating with the medical administrator for a few weeks. After I submitted the last needed document I asked if anything else was needed. A couple days later she responded and said no you are now medically cleared. Not sure if they would have told me or not had I not asked.

I was never notified that I had cleared medical. It was not until I had reached out to my AC to ask the status of medical and my BI that it was shared I had passed medical a month before contacting her.
kayem0429  
#1717 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 5:16:55 PM(UTC)
kayem0429

United States

Question for you guys...

I just had my Meet & Greet last week but the status on my SA portal still shows as Scheduled-Meet & Greet. Is this normal or did I not make the cut?
Thanks..

Phase I: 9/17
M&G: 10/18
Dispatch  
#1718 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 3:55:56 AM(UTC)
Dispatch

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The applicant portal is updated by the Applicant Coordinator when they get a chance. If you have a small FO (person wears multiple hats) or busy FO, the portal may not get updated regularly. Assuming you did well in the meet and greet, my guess is that they are just taking their time. especially since it has only been a week. My portal would go un-updated for at least a month at a time.
C757A45  
#1719 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 6:55:38 AM(UTC)
C757A45

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Has anyone had to take the PFT on an indoor 200-meter track? Did you find it easier or harder to run the 300m?
NY85mu  
#1720 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 7:06:10 AM(UTC)
NY85mu

United States

Has anyone applied with a finance/accounting background? Looking for any advice or tips when it comes to what they like to see in an applicants resume/experiences. Thanks.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed