Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

98 Pages«<8687888990>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TwoAnchors2608  
#1741 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 10:37:15 AM(UTC)
TwoAnchors2608

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The only thing I've been trying (and failing) to go off of has been "targeted" emails. I was targeted by HQ for SEP which obviously didn't happen, and now I'm targeted for DEC. Maybe it depends on the FO you're processing out of and how much insight they provide. NOV 19th is a lot closer to the 2 week side of things than I'd prefer, haha. Here's to hoping for more like Nov 10th!
App 1-21 / P1 1-21 / M&G 2-21 / P2W 2-21 / P2I 4-21 / CJO 5-21 / Poly 6-21 / Med 8-21 / PFT 8-21(P) & 11-21(P) / FJO 11-21
Annino  
#1742 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 10:38:14 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TwoAnchors2608 Go to Quoted Post
The only thing I've been trying (and failing) to go off of has been "targeted" emails. I was targeted by HQ for SEP which obviously didn't happen, and now I'm targeted for DEC. Maybe it depends on the FO you're processing out of and how much insight they provide. NOV 19th is a lot closer to the 2 week side of things than I'd prefer, haha. Here's to hoping for more like Nov 10th!

When you say targeted emails, what do they look like?
TwoAnchors2608  
#1743 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 10:43:38 AM(UTC)
TwoAnchors2608

United States

Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post

They come from my FO. They start with

"Dear Special Agent Applicant,

HQs has 'targeted' you for BFTC 22-01 beginning 05 December 2021. Please advise as to your availability to attend this class..."

and there's some other info and now there's stuff about the vaccine and so on.
App 1-21 / P1 1-21 / M&G 2-21 / P2W 2-21 / P2I 4-21 / CJO 5-21 / Poly 6-21 / Med 8-21 / PFT 8-21(P) & 11-21(P) / FJO 11-21
thanks 3 users thanked TwoAnchors2608 for this useful post.
Annino on 10/29/2021(UTC), e2b13 on 10/29/2021(UTC), Proteus on 10/29/2021(UTC)
Proteus  
#1744 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 11:50:15 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)

HQs has 'targeted' you for BFTC 22-01 beginning 05 December 2021. Please advise as to your availability to attend this class..."

And you received this email before or after being adjudicated?
Mission0  
#1745 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 2:50:06 PM(UTC)
Mission0

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Finally cleared background yesterday! What a process! Did have to go through Psych. My PSI was back in March! Now on to the PT test.
Annino  
#1746 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 2:54:15 PM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: Mission0 Go to Quoted Post
Finally cleared background yesterday! What a process! Did have to go through Psych. My PSI was back in March! Now on to the PT test.

Congrats! Did AC give you a target BFTC date?
Mission0  
#1747 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 4:22:54 PM(UTC)
Mission0

Thank You! I haven't spoken to my AC as yet so no target date. I happened to sign onto the portal today and saw that I had an update yesterday and a green check mark next to background.
Annino  
#1748 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 4:40:18 PM(UTC)
Annino

Thank You! I haven't spoken to my AC as yet so no target date. I happened to sign onto the portal today and saw that I had an update yesterday and a green check mark next to background.

Nice! You should hear Monday or Tuesday then
TwoAnchors2608  
#1749 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 5:12:07 AM(UTC)
TwoAnchors2608

United States

Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post

And you received this email before or after being adjudicated?

Not entirely sure. I don't know whether or not I've been favorably adjudicated, at least not with verbal or written from my FO. I've had a green check in background since mid-September.

73GoColts  
#1750 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 7:02:41 AM(UTC)
73GoColts

United States

Originally Posted by: FBI_HOPEFUL2373 Go to Quoted Post
Thought I’d chime in.

Was adjudicated in August. Have yet to take my pre-q fit test (took one in July that is expired sadly…).

Was offered a spot in the Dec class but am hoping to be shifted to the Feb class so I can help hire and train my replacement at work.

Question for you my friend. When you say you were offered a spot, did you actually receive a final offer, or did your AC tell you tentatively that you were on the roster? Just trying to gauge my chances at getting in for December.

To chime in, I was adjudicated at the end of April, passed the pre-Q PFT in July and again in October, so I’ve just been waiting, getting real stir crazy haha. Good luck to everyone trying to get in, it’s a long process but it’ll be worth the wait I’m sure!
Alright2015  
#1751 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 7:05:49 AM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hey so anybody with experience in receiving final offers from FBI…i received an email yesterday asking for my transcripts. I’m at the pending final offer stage. Does anybody know if this is a good sign that I’ll be in the December academy class? Maybe trying to get my salary together or something? Idk. Any advice will help, i just need some confidence that I’ll be in December class lol
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
Annino  
#1752 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 7:11:38 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: Alright2015 Go to Quoted Post
Hey so anybody with experience in receiving final offers from FBI…i received an email yesterday asking for my transcripts. I’m at the pending final offer stage. Does anybody know if this is a good sign that I’ll be in the December academy class? Maybe trying to get my salary together or something? Idk. Any advice will help, i just need some confidence that I’ll be in December class lol

I’ve heard they tier applicants for classes based on experience. Could be they are looking to see what classes you’ve taken. Purely a guess
Annino  
#1753 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 11:20:34 AM(UTC)
Annino

Also, they may just be finalizing your employment file and need your transcripts if you didn’t provide before!
ctnyc21  
#1754 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 11:46:10 AM(UTC)
ctnyc21

Also, they may just be finalizing your employment file and need your transcripts if you didn’t provide before!

My AC told me that it's normal for them to ask for your transcripts again and to expect an email that requests that you upload them again. She doesn't know why they ask for them again, but it is apparently standard.
Alright2015  
#1755 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 12:15:23 PM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Thank you all for the replies about my transcripts.
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
1811_Z  
#1756 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2021 2:06:10 PM(UTC)
1811_Z

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
@OnAMission - inbox is full!
Reactivated: 3/2021
M&G: 4/2021
P2 (W): 6/2021
P2 (I): 6/2021
CAO: 8/2021
PSI/Poly/MED: 8-9/2021
BI: 9/2021
C757A45  
#1757 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2021 2:13:23 PM(UTC)
C757A45

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr.Jeep Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone. Does anyone know if you have the option to delay taking the Pre-Q PFT, or are you required to take it at a certain date? Right now I have the option to schedule it in the portal, but don't plan on scheduling it until earliest when my background is complete but hopefully even later.

As some background, I developed shin splints (potentially a stress fracture) and have been recovering as a result for the last month and a half. I know I could run through the pain and pass the PFT bc I passed the practice PFT with the FO when I had the pain in August with 15 points. However, I am not in a rush to get to Q and feel it would be better if I could take 2 months or so off to fully recover and then have adequate time to train at a better pace and get beyond 15 points, and just be better prepared for the academy. If it were up to me I would start Q next fall at the very earliest. My background investigation is still underway so I probably have a couple of months (possibly more) until adjudication. I also know the official policy is you must pass the PFT within 1 year of completion of the background investigation and you get unlimited attempts, but I don't know if the FO reaches out and pressures you to take the PFT or if you can simply decline and take it whenever suits you. I would not want to take the PFT and pass (which I think getting 5 points is relatively easy, even with pain) only to begin Quantico at a disadvantage and fighting through pain for 20 weeks. I also don't want to take the PFT and intentionally fail it, bc I think it would just be embarrassing and a waste of time.

I really would appreciate everyone's thoughts. Feel free to PM me as well.

The only deadline is a year after completing background, but my AC starting encouraging applicants to take the PFT around the time of adjudication in order to be considered for the upcoming Q classes. But even then, you can wait as long as you want (up to a year post-background), you just won’t be considered for Q until you get that baseline PFT score. I think since you’ve already gone through a practice PFT and know what to expect, it might be best to just wait until you’re at your best and have completed background. But whatever you decide, I’ve found it helpful to keep an open dialogue with my AC/ FO so they’re not left wondering when I plan to take the PFT.
thanks 1 user thanked C757A45 for this useful post.
No Factor on 10/31/2021(UTC)
Heyguys222  
#1758 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 4:08:01 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Well I just got the e-mail from psych. I've heard this can be a black hole where you are stuck with no word for months if you don't constantly reach out to them and remind them to process you. Anyone have any experience with this?
Annino  
#1759 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 4:19:26 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: Heyguys222 Go to Quoted Post
Well I just got the e-mail from psych. I've heard this can be a black hole where you are stuck with no word for months if you don't constantly reach out to them and remind them to process you. Anyone have any experience with this?

Don't sweat it too much. You should expect to wait anywhere from 2-4 months from this point forward. I know it's easy to get discouraged, but this is not an uncommon part of applicant processing and is typically the final step before adjudication. For me, I received the Psych email in August and was adjudicated a couple of weeks ago.

Make sure you provide them with detailed information - enough where it erases any doubt that they have what they need. You may also receive a follow up request to have an eval performed. But again, it's normal. Just have to respond to their questions. Good luck and feel free to PM with any add'l Qs.
Heyguys222  
#1760 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 5:14:36 AM(UTC)
Heyguys222

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Heyguys222 Go to Quoted Post

Don't sweat it too much. You should expect to wait anywhere from 2-4 months from this point forward. I know it's easy to get discouraged, but this is not an uncommon part of applicant processing and is typically the final step before adjudication. For me, I received the Psych email in August and was adjudicated a couple of weeks ago.

Make sure you provide them with detailed information - enough where it erases any doubt that they have what they need. You may also receive a follow up request to have an eval performed. But again, it's normal. Just have to respond to their questions. Good luck and feel free to PM with any add'l Qs.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not too worried about the process, just people here had said they get stuck in psych for a year or more. And a lot were saying if you don't call them all the time they'll just forget about you.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed