Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gringobonk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 11:58:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

The CE put my medical benefits on hold claiming he needs more evidence (my claim has been open and never closed since 2004).

I have never had problems getting my case file in the past. When I faxed a request most recently, this idiot tried to email it to the email address I was forced to use to create a new account under the new system. That email account can't accept any thing over 3 megabytes, nor do I want my case file being emailed because of potential for hacking. I sent a second request and explained the above file size limitations. The claims examiner told me to provide a different email address, even after I expressed concerns for security. I then sent a request to staff above this CE and a copy of that request to the CE. They have not responded.

They are required by law to provide my case file when I request it. They're not responding to me now. How do I get these *******s to give me my case file so I can pull more recent info as I put together the evidence that I need ongoing medical treatment?

I need help! I'm thinking my only option is to file a federal court claim requesting a court order that they provide the file, but what a pain.
VW1  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 9:31:01 AM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You are not going to like this answer but you need to create an email account that will accept files up to 25mb so they can email the file to you. Because of the pandemic they do not have the staff in the office to scan and copy your file to a CD ROM or print it out to send in paper format. I have received many case files through email and have had no issues as they send it to you as an encrypted file.
gringobonk  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 2:49:57 AM(UTC)

The first time the CE attempted to email it to me and it failed due to size, the text that the CE gave me indicated that the moron used my publicly accessible birth date for the encryption. There's no point to encryption or medical privacy if they are doing something this foolish. Your point doesn't fully add up either, no offense. But for them to be able to digitally email a file, they do have scan that file with a scanner to create the digital image. So no matter how you slice it, that data is getting scanned and those files are not being kept at the CE's home, but at a work site. This plandemic is an excuse for them to make all sorts of changes, and this particular one is to save money at the expense of my medical info privacy. They don't have to pay for postage or a CD and that's the bottom line to this whole situation.
Cutie LaSalle  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 3:02:57 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I had a similar problem when I requested a electronic copy of my case file. I never received it. I got a paper copy after my decision was received. The file only contained the information I sent in. Nothing else. My decision came from DFELHWC-FECA.... and I am a Letter carrier.😳😳
Rss Feed  Atom Feed