Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MJVR  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 11:37:35 AM(UTC)
MJVR

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I didn't see a thread started so I figured I would start one. I believe they split up the hiring pools this time. I can't remember which pools were open for the first event.

Curious if anyone knows when the next set of pools will open or if people have started to hear back?

Good luck!
thanks 5 users thanked MJVR for this useful post.
maybenot on 1/8/2021(UTC), tango2020 on 1/10/2021(UTC), Airedale260 on 1/14/2021(UTC), dreamjob21 on 1/19/2021(UTC), fishinator on 2/16/2021(UTC)
MJVR  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 7:39:19 AM(UTC)
MJVR

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Anyone? ;)
tango2020  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 11:49:14 AM(UTC)
tango2020

United States

I haven’t heard a thing.
lushmeadow  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 1:49:04 PM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Yes - I believe applicants are hearing back from recruiters, specifically in Analysis.
OrionAnthracis  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 5:41:48 AM(UTC)
OrionAnthracis

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was asked to complete a writing assessment about a week and a half ago. Haven't heard on the results yet.
thanks 1 user thanked OrionAnthracis for this useful post.
dreamjob21 on 1/23/2021(UTC)
dreamjob21  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 3:46:52 PM(UTC)
dreamjob21

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Finally heard back regarding an interview.
Airedale260  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 7:46:19 AM(UTC)
Airedale260

United States

I’ve been watching my email but no news, either writing sample request or interview.

Hopefully I’m just towards the back of the pile, but if not...well, really disappointing but I just have to try again.
MissyP  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:43:14 AM(UTC)
MissyP

United States

I applied for the analysis career field & was asked for a writing sample about 3 weeks ago but did not hear back since. Did anyone hear anything post writing sample?
dreamjob21  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 12:39:36 PM(UTC)
dreamjob21

Got a CJO and now the waiting game begins. Anyone else?
thanks 1 user thanked dreamjob21 for this useful post.
OrionAnthracis on 2/23/2021(UTC)
gogirlgigi  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 3:54:22 AM(UTC)
gogirlgigi

United States

@dreamjob21 Hey, I also received a CJO. I received a call to do a drug test shortly after but after that nothing. What about you?
OrionAnthracis  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 4:32:45 AM(UTC)
OrionAnthracis

United States

I'm in the same boat as you. CJO a few hours after the interview, drug test about a month later. Still waiting for security to contact me. I think we've got another few weeks before they are technically "late" according to one of those initial emails.
dreamjob21  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:35:14 PM(UTC)
dreamjob21

Partial update: I was contacted twice more for additional drug tests, and the testing company said I wasn't the only one. Reached out to DIA, and they said it was an error. Not sure if we should be reading into this so much, but maybe they are having some system issues or challenges with telework/pandemic schedules.

Have either of you even been asked to fill out EQIP or SF-86? I know from experience getting a clearance takes a while, but not even reaching out to people to fill out paperwork? This is fairly disappointing.
gogirlgigi  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 3:58:16 AM(UTC)
gogirlgigi

United States

That's interesting about your drug test, it seemed like a pretty simple process. Did you have to take a different drug test or just retest?

The only paperwork I have filled out were the documents attached with the CJO. In your experience how long did the background check take? I'm going back to school but I am a little nervous I might get an official offer before I finish. I was thinking it's probably going to be a year and a half before I receive an official offer.

OrionAnthracis  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 9:20:26 AM(UTC)
OrionAnthracis

United States

Originally Posted by: dreamjob21 Go to Quoted Post
Have either of you even been asked to fill out EQIP or SF-86? I know from experience getting a clearance takes a while, but not even reaching out to people to fill out paperwork? This is fairly disappointing.

No on the EQIP and SF-86 for me too. Also hoping I can finish school before the FJO comes in. Got about a year or so until I'm done, but I don't think it's a degree I absolutely need for the job either (Microbiology PhD, already have an MS).

Anyone know if the Grade/Step in the CJO is assuming I finish the degree, and if I don't will the FJO be lower?
dreamjob21  
#15 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 11:51:05 PM(UTC)
dreamjob21

Originally Posted by: gogirlgigi Go to Quoted Post
That's interesting about your drug test, it seemed like a pretty simple process. Did you have to take a different drug test or just retest?

The only paperwork I have filled out were the documents attached with the CJO. In your experience how long did the background check take? I'm going back to school but I am a little nervous I might get an official offer before I finish. I was thinking it's probably going to be a year and a half before I receive an official offer.

For the drug test, it was just a mess up in the DIA system. I only did the first. It just seemed strange to me, so I thought I would mention it.

Mine took under 6 months. I've been keep track of DIA timelines, and they can take anywhere from 1 month to 1 year unfortunately. Most commonly, it's between 5-7 months, but that all depends on foreign associates/travel.
dreamjob21  
#16 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 11:56:09 PM(UTC)
dreamjob21

Originally Posted by: OrionAnthracis Go to Quoted Post

No on the EQIP and SF-86 for me too. Also hoping I can finish school before the FJO comes in. Got about a year or so until I'm done, but I don't think it's a degree I absolutely need for the job either (Microbiology PhD, already have an MS).

Anyone know if the Grade/Step in the CJO is assuming I finish the degree, and if I don't will the FJO be lower?

Wow... PhD? What did they give you in the CJO if you don't mind? There's probably potential for them to lower it, but an MS in microbiology can probably get decent money outside of the gov, so you have that bargaining chip if they try.
OrionAnthracis  
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 1:31:35 PM(UTC)
OrionAnthracis

United States

Wow... PhD? What did they give you in the CJO if you don't mind? There's probably potential for them to lower it, but an MS in microbiology can probably get decent money outside of the gov, so you have that bargaining chip if they try.

Yeah, I didn't realize the academic research life really wasn't for me, even if it is biodefense related. The offer was more than I had heard that they max out at for these entry level positions, still within GG-10, I think that's a pretty firm limit for the hiring fair. They just bumped the step up a bit.

You'd be surprised at the pretty low starting salaries an MS goes for these days, especially in biological science, ~$50,000.
I'm also married with a couple kids and one on the way. Not sure I could make do in the DMV with much less than they offered... :/
SeekingFed88  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 8:01:12 AM(UTC)
SeekingFed88

United States

2 months since CJO. I had the drug test issue also and took the test a 2nd time. Haven't heard anything since. Should I start filling out the SF-86 for when they do ask?
dreamjob21  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 9:25:25 AM(UTC)
dreamjob21

Originally Posted by: SeekingFed88 Go to Quoted Post
2 months since CJO. I had the drug test issue also and took the test a 2nd time. Haven't heard anything since. Should I start filling out the SF-86 for when they do ask?

Such is life :(. I wonder what the deal is with the double drug tests... I would say no on doing the whole SF-86 because chances are you'll be using EQIP which is way easier to understand (SF-86 online basically). It is a good idea to start collecting information like who could be references, dates you've traveled outside the US, addresses, foreign contacts, etc.
OrionAnthracis  
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 11:39:08 AM(UTC)
OrionAnthracis

United States

Any movement for anyone??
Rss Feed  Atom Feed