Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LewArcher  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 1:09:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Looking to increases my chances of employment and I came across this website and am wondering if it is any good or will it go the way of ATIC ABC Intel Bootcamp Training, which is now defunct from what I can tell.

Is Intelligence Training Center (ITC)looks to typically hold a 10-week intell training course, but due to COVID is now doing it online. Here is some info from an email I reived and a link to the website.

Tell me what you think.

https://www.intelligencetrainingcenter.com/

This training is perfect for:

Students studying to become Intelligence Analysts

Professionals working to become Intelligence Analysts

Intelligence Analysts from all sectors who are looking to enhance their skills

ITC’s Intelligence Analyst Training provides intense and relevant training. Learn and and gain real world experience with:

The Intelligence Cycle

Military Intelligence/IPB

Strategic Intelligence

Tactical Intelligence

Operational Intelligence

Policy and Intelligence

Intelligence Collection

Collection Plans/Request for Information/Requirements

Experience serving and working as a All Source, SIGINT, IMINT, HUMINT Intelligence Analyst

Collect and Analyze Intelligence

Write Intelligence Products

Conduct Intelligence & Policy Briefs

Receive Real World Training

Experience Handling a Real World Crisis

Learn tradecraft

Test your skills

Determine if you have what it takes to be a Intelligence Analyst

Build Your Resume, Get Career Services & Jumpstart Your Career

We want to answer some key questions for you:

What are the dates? March 13 - 28, 2021

What is the Cost? $1499.00 USD, this includes

Real world training from Intelligence Analysts from the Intelligence Community

Experience a Real World Crisis from an Intelligence and Policy Perspective

Learn Intelligence Tradecraft and get skills and experience you can immediately put on your resume

Get National Security & Intelligence Focused Career Services from top career services expert

Become part of a network that will benefit you long term in your career and professional development

How do you accept payment? You can pay the full tuition or we can set you up in 3 installments to be paid in January, February and March before the training and simulation start. We accept all major credit and debit cards.

Who is providing the training and the simulation? The Instructors and those running the simulation have worked in the United States Intelligence Community at a senior level. They have been involved with intelligence collection and analysis for many major crisis situations and their analysis has made it into the President’s Daily Brief. Because of the sensitivity of the work they have done we do not share their names but if you are accepted into the program they will share more about their background and experiences. The instructors have been cleared by the U.S. Government to provide this level of training outside of their agencies and outside of a security cleared environment. Your ITC Representative will provide you more information when you talk to them.

Where is this training provided? Usually this training is provided in Washington, DC but because of COVID-19 we have invested heavily in making the training and simulation experience one that is very intense and realistic while having everything remote. This means you can be anywhere around the United States or around the world and take the training and be a part of the simulation.
TheUnderverse15  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 5:17:19 AM(UTC)
TheUnderverse15

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LewArcher Go to Quoted Post
Looking to increases my chances of employment and I came across this website and am wondering if it is any good or will it go the way of ATIC ABC Intel Bootcamp Training, which is now defunct from what I can tell.

Is Intelligence Training Center (ITC)looks to typically hold a 10-week intell training course, but due to COVID is now doing it online. Here is some info from an email I reived and a link to the website.

Tell me what you think.

https://www.intelligencetrainingcenter.com/

This training is perfect for:

Students studying to become Intelligence Analysts

Professionals working to become Intelligence Analysts

Intelligence Analysts from all sectors who are looking to enhance their skills

ITC’s Intelligence Analyst Training provides intense and relevant training. Learn and and gain real world experience with:

The Intelligence Cycle

Military Intelligence/IPB

Strategic Intelligence

Tactical Intelligence

Operational Intelligence

Policy and Intelligence

Intelligence Collection

Collection Plans/Request for Information/Requirements

Experience serving and working as a All Source, SIGINT, IMINT, HUMINT Intelligence Analyst

Collect and Analyze Intelligence

Write Intelligence Products

Conduct Intelligence & Policy Briefs

Receive Real World Training

Experience Handling a Real World Crisis

Learn tradecraft

Test your skills

Determine if you have what it takes to be a Intelligence Analyst

Build Your Resume, Get Career Services & Jumpstart Your Career

We want to answer some key questions for you:

What are the dates? March 13 - 28, 2021

What is the Cost? $1499.00 USD, this includes

Real world training from Intelligence Analysts from the Intelligence Community

Experience a Real World Crisis from an Intelligence and Policy Perspective

Learn Intelligence Tradecraft and get skills and experience you can immediately put on your resume

Get National Security & Intelligence Focused Career Services from top career services expert

Become part of a network that will benefit you long term in your career and professional development

How do you accept payment? You can pay the full tuition or we can set you up in 3 installments to be paid in January, February and March before the training and simulation start. We accept all major credit and debit cards.

Who is providing the training and the simulation? The Instructors and those running the simulation have worked in the United States Intelligence Community at a senior level. They have been involved with intelligence collection and analysis for many major crisis situations and their analysis has made it into the President’s Daily Brief. Because of the sensitivity of the work they have done we do not share their names but if you are accepted into the program they will share more about their background and experiences. The instructors have been cleared by the U.S. Government to provide this level of training outside of their agencies and outside of a security cleared environment. Your ITC Representative will provide you more information when you talk to them.

Where is this training provided? Usually this training is provided in Washington, DC but because of COVID-19 we have invested heavily in making the training and simulation experience one that is very intense and realistic while having everything remote. This means you can be anywhere around the United States or around the world and take the training and be a part of the simulation.

Lot of cash for a course tha may not get you any further to an intel position w DOD or any other agency. Based on experience, hiring managers usually go for people who been in the fire versus people who just have training and certs but lack of OJT.

someoldguy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 7:15:52 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 957 time(s) in 806 post(s)
Yeah it is hard to see the value in this. I don't think this course is recognized by anyone.

You'd be better off trying to enlist in the reserves or national guard for an intel MOS. You'd get officially recognized training and a security clearance... not to mention they'd be paying you and not the other way around.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
FrankJr  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 2:11:05 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Application Fee ($70) & course fee $1499

The application fee is a common scam. The bargain apartment with the $100 application fee, as an example. $1499 for a week of training is a red flag, a huge red flag. Training is normally $500-$1000 per day for instructor led training. A week long Citrix in person instructor led training course is $4500, as an example. Neither the training nor the training provider are recognized. Any one of the noted highlights could be / should be a week long exercise of sorts. A real world "exercise" is a week long exercise involving tens if not hundreds of individuals.

More so, the history of the prior trainings is stated but not documented. I question the validity of the training and the provider of the training. Unless the $1500 isn't of a concern one way or another pursue other recognized training. Hiring managers hire based on experience, not education.

djp  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 6:59:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 166 post(s)
I don’t know ehat background or education you have. You can try to join intelligence areas. They have job recruitment. Taking a class does nothing to benefit you. I look at it similarly for someone who gets a phD from a for profit school can actually lose their credibility as an applicant. The other way as others have said is to join the military and be in the intell field.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed