Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ultifriz  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 8:42:01 AM(UTC)
Ultifriz

Groups: Registered
United States

Is anyone else waiting for their EOD date for an auditor position (or another position within CBP I guess)? They gave me a start date choice and I picked my start date (which was supposed to be 12/7/20).

Afterwards, the hiring center let me know they couldn't finalize a start date until the Office of Trade got it's appropriations finalized for 2021. Now that the appropriations are finalized, I was told they are waiting until the Office of Trade gives them the green light to schedule EODs.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 9, 2021 5:18:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Diversity  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 3:53:53 PM(UTC)
Diversity

I am waiting as well. Got the same response about waiting for OTC to grrenlight EOD on April 14th. Any updates on your end?
Ultifriz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 5:20:01 PM(UTC)
Ultifriz

United States

Originally Posted by: Diversity Go to Quoted Post
I am waiting as well. Got the same response about waiting for OTC to grrenlight EOD on April 14th. Any updates on your end?

Nope. I feel like I’ve bothered OTC and the hiring center enough with follow-up emails so I stopped following up a few weeks ago. My understanding is that they get a lot of their funding through travel. Since the pandemic, they’ve had a bit of a funding issue and they don’t know when they will have the funds.

I’m pretty sure we still have the offer, but don’t hold your breath for a start date.
Diversity  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 10:05:18 AM(UTC)
Diversity

Yeah. I gave up on following up as well. A time frame for an EOD would help with my planning purposes in terms of my current position tremendously. If I hear anything I'll be sure to update you. Fingers crossed for July at the latest!
Ultifriz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 11:07:26 AM(UTC)
Ultifriz

United States

Yeah. I gave up on following up as well. A time frame for an EOD would help with my planning purposes in terms of my current position tremendously. If I hear anything I'll be sure to update you. Fingers crossed for July at the latest!

Same here. I'll post again if I hear anything. What position and location did you apply for?
Diversity  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 11:27:52 AM(UTC)
Diversity

Well I don't really want to disclose that here but it's for an Auditor position.
Diversity  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 5:57:45 AM(UTC)
Diversity

Received an email from OT HR. Be on the lookout :-)
Ultifriz  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 9:20:49 AM(UTC)
Ultifriz

United States

Received an email from OT HR. Be on the lookout :-)

Yes, I got the email, too. Just seeing if I’m still interested. Maybe soon!
Diversity  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 12:13:37 PM(UTC)
Diversity

Received verification that there is still no indication of when EODs can be established. Back to the waiting game.
Ultifriz  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2021 11:39:47 AM(UTC)
Ultifriz

United States

Received verification that there is still no indication of when EODs can be established. Back to the waiting game.

Got an email from OT saying I would get further guidance from the hiring center. So I emailed the hiring center and they sent an email saying they can schedule EOD dates. They asked if 7/18 is good, so now I am just waiting for them to confirm that date with the gaining office (never heard of that before).

If you did not hear anything, you might want to reach out to the hiring center now.
Diversity  
#11 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2021 3:15:57 PM(UTC)
Diversity

I received the same email with the same tentative start date. I'm so happy to be at this point. I'll be even more happy to have that official FO letter. Thanks for the update! Hoping the rest of the process moves fast and smooth.
Ultifriz  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2021 8:16:35 AM(UTC)
Ultifriz

United States

I received the same email with the same tentative start date. I'm so happy to be at this point. I'll be even more happy to have that official FO letter. Thanks for the update! Hoping the rest of the process moves fast and smooth.

Got a welcome email from the Office of Trade, but still no FO letter. Not trying to be impatient or anything haha.
Diversity  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2021 7:07:15 AM(UTC)
Diversity

I didn't receive either. Sheeesh. I keep checking my inbox.
Ultifriz  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2021 7:14:38 AM(UTC)
Ultifriz

United States

I actually did get the FO letter later in the afternoon. Surprised you have not since it seemed everything was happening at the same time for us.
Diversity  
#15 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2021 7:50:13 AM(UTC)
Diversity

Hopefully today!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed