Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 1:11:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
A new year and a new timeline thread. Here's to hoping for good news in 2021.

Previous clearance: TS/SCI with CI poly

Applied--March 2019
Interview/COE for full-time position--June 2019
Medical/Poly--October 2019
BI--July 2020

...and still actively processing.
thanks 2 users thanked 51319 for this useful post.
lorettamartin on 1/31/2021(UTC), rebels8 on 2/5/2021(UTC)
bigrod223399  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 2:34:37 PM(UTC)
bigrod223399

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
One of my friends applied around 6-9 months ago online. Heard back within < 1 month to do a series of exams/quizzes and to send in a few pieces of paperwork that were received in the mail. Got a call literally out-of-the-blue a few months later and was interviewed on the spot. Totally taken off guard and didn't perform their best. They haven't heard back since however. It's been around 5-6 months since that phone interview. They were told afterwards that "no news is good news", so perhaps it was just enough to make it to the next phase. We'll see, and best of luck to you!
thanks 1 user thanked bigrod223399 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 2/5/2021(UTC)
rebels8  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 1:28:04 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bigrod223399 Go to Quoted Post
One of my friends applied around 6-9 months ago online. Heard back within < 1 month to do a series of exams/quizzes and to send in a few pieces of paperwork that were received in the mail. Got a call literally out-of-the-blue a few months later and was interviewed on the spot. Totally taken off guard and didn't perform their best. They haven't heard back since however. It's been around 5-6 months since that phone interview. They were told afterwards that "no news is good news", so perhaps it was just enough to make it to the next phase. We'll see, and best of luck to you!

Why was your friend interviewed on the spot? I can see the agency wanting to see how well applicants think on their feet. But what if an applicant is busy with something important and can't do an interview when the agency representative calls them?
#MMlivesmatter
Dubwuq  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 5:23:22 PM(UTC)
Dubwuq

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post

Why was your friend interviewed on the spot? I can see the agency wanting to see how well applicants think on their feet. But what if an applicant is busy with something important and can't do an interview when the agency representative calls them?

I experienced an on-the-spot phone call interview as well. I knew it would be coming at some point during the week but had no heads up just prior to it. Maybe it is a new thing? Idk
thanks 1 user thanked Dubwuq for this useful post.
rebels8 on 2/5/2021(UTC)
gcrhodes  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 9:06:39 AM(UTC)
gcrhodes

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dubwuq Go to Quoted Post

I experienced an on-the-spot phone call interview as well. I knew it would be coming at some point during the week but had no heads up just prior to it. Maybe it is a new thing? Idk

Same here. I had applied December 2019, got a call in Jan/Feb 2020 for an on-the-spot interview. I have never done so poorly in an interview before. I was not prepared and was at work as well. I was confused because the outline set out in the paperwork they send you with the exam instructions states that you will receive a call to schedule an interview, not that the call would be to interview. I've had preliminary phone interviews for other jobs before, but this seemed more like a proper interview (situational questions, etc..). I received a letter in the mail around Nov/Dec 2020 stating they will not be moving forward with me. Not sure if I'll be applying again
thanks 1 user thanked gcrhodes for this useful post.
rebels8 on 2/8/2021(UTC)
rebels8  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 11:03:46 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: gcrhodes Go to Quoted Post

Same here. I had applied December 2019, got a call in Jan/Feb 2020 for an on-the-spot interview. I have never done so poorly in an interview before. I was not prepared and was at work as well. I was confused because the outline set out in the paperwork they send you with the exam instructions states that you will receive a call to schedule an interview, not that the call would be to interview. I've had preliminary phone interviews for other jobs before, but this seemed more like a proper interview (situational questions, etc..). I received a letter in the mail around Nov/Dec 2020 stating they will not be moving forward with me. Not sure if I'll be applying again

What if an applicant who is called by the agency for an on the spot interview tells the agency representative that they really can't talk right now and asks if they can please schedule the interview for another time? Would the agency really automatically take the applicant out of consideration for the job?
#MMlivesmatter
gcrhodes  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 5:51:51 AM(UTC)
gcrhodes

Originally Posted by: gcrhodes Go to Quoted Post

What if an applicant who is called by the agency for an on the spot interview tells the agency representative that they really can't talk right now and asks if they can please schedule the interview for another time? Would the agency really automatically take the applicant out of consideration for the job?

Not sure, but I don't think they do. The gentleman who called asked if it was a good time, if not he could schedule a call back. I said it was fine because I didn't think it was to do an interview. Had I known, I would have asked for to schedule a call back.
thanks 1 user thanked gcrhodes for this useful post.
rebels8 on 2/9/2021(UTC)
feralcat  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 11:49:01 AM(UTC)
feralcat

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MarieJeanVR Go to Quoted Post
How long has it taken most of you from online assessment to phone call (if you got a phone call interview)? Especially if you've done your online assessment recently.

I know for people who have applied pre-covid it could be like 2-3 mos. Curious as to where it seems to be now. (Posted on 2020 thread and then realized maybe this thread makes more sense.)

Judging by your recent activity, it looks like you're in the process for a few agencies?

It's roughly the same timeline, but nothing has a definite time table. Following the online assessment, you'll receive notification either way.
slondon  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 12:00:00 PM(UTC)
slondon

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MarieJeanVR Go to Quoted Post
How long has it taken most of you from online assessment to phone call (if you got a phone call interview)? Especially if you've done your online assessment recently.

I know for people who have applied pre-covid it could be like 2-3 mos. Curious as to where it seems to be now. (Posted on 2020 thread and then realized maybe this thread makes more sense.)

It seems to be on the timeline thats stated on their website! I have an interview soon!!
thanks 1 user thanked slondon for this useful post.
MJVR on 3/15/2021(UTC)
SmittenKitten  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 4:37:54 AM(UTC)
SmittenKitten

United States

I am currently in the early stages of this process and would like to share my experience so far. I applied in early February for a position and received a packet in the mail this week instructing me to do a few online assessments as well as mail in a few documents. We will see what's next though!
thanks 1 user thanked SmittenKitten for this useful post.
rebels8 on 3/19/2021(UTC)
slondon  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 5:48:39 AM(UTC)
slondon

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SmittenKitten Go to Quoted Post
I am currently in the early stages of this process and would like to share my experience so far. I applied in early February for a position and received a packet in the mail this week instructing me to do a few online assessments as well as mail in a few documents. We will see what's next though!

Good luck. The online assessments are challenging alittle so make sure you have paper and pen near by. I have my interview the end of next month. I wish you luck!
rebels8  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 9:38:14 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

I've read on this forum previously that people who apply to the agency had received forms in the mail to fill out. Is this standard for everyone who applies to the agency today? Why wouldn't the agency just send the forms by email? There are ways to send documents by email using secure methods. And snail mail doesn't seem that secure.
#MMlivesmatter
SmittenKitten  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 9:49:25 AM(UTC)
SmittenKitten

United States

I've read on this forum previously that people who apply to the agency had received forms in the mail to fill out. Is this standard for everyone who applies to the agency today? Why wouldn't the agency just send the forms by email? There are ways to send documents by email using secure methods. And snail mail doesn't seem that secure.

Honestly I have no idea. From what ive heard, the process can vary significantly depending on what areas you are applying to
thanks 1 user thanked SmittenKitten for this useful post.
rebels8 on 3/19/2021(UTC)
someoldguy  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 10:37:56 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1026 time(s) in 868 post(s)
Why wouldn't the agency just send the forms by email? There are ways to send documents by email using secure methods. And snail mail doesn't seem that secure.
You can protect the contents of an email but it is not so easy to protect the "from" and "to" parts. Unlike a certain other agency which insisted I return my SF-86 unsecure...

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
rebels8  
#15 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 11:06:07 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Why wouldn't the agency just send the forms by email? There are ways to send documents by email using secure methods. And snail mail doesn't seem that secure.
You can protect the contents of an email but it is not so easy to protect the "from" and "to" parts. Unlike a certain other agency which insisted I return my SF-86 unsecure...

Well surely they can contact applicants using a .gov email address that isn't a cia.gov email address.
#MMlivesmatter
tumamad165  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 6:07:56 PM(UTC)
tumamad165

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Yea true. I’d say applicant above is applying for an NCS position based on the snail mail. Just another layer of protection better for preserving identity of a potential OO.
rebels8  
#17 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 9:52:10 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: tumamad165 Go to Quoted Post
Yea true. I’d say applicant above is applying for an NCS position based on the snail mail. Just another layer of protection better for preserving identity of a potential OO.

Do you actually know for a fact that people who apply for NCS/DO positions receive correspondence from the agency by snail mail? Or are you simply making an educated guess? Because I really don't see how snail mail is more secure than email or an online portal. Yes, correspondence between the agency and applicants can be hacked. However, since people apply for jobs at the agency online, I'm not sure why the agency would be concerned about online correspondence with applicants. And apparently at least some applicants have to complete online assessments, which are presumably designed in a very secure manner.

Edited by user Friday, March 19, 2021 10:01:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
tumamad165  
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 10:58:55 AM(UTC)
tumamad165

Do you actually know for a fact that people who apply for NCS/DO positions receive correspondence from the agency by snail mail? Or are you simply making an educated guess? Because I really don't see how snail mail is more secure than email or an online portal. Yes, correspondence between the agency and applicants can be hacked. However, since people apply for jobs at the agency online, I'm not sure why the agency would be concerned about online correspondence with applicants. And apparently at least some applicants have to complete online assessments, which are presumably designed in a very secure manner.

I mean just look at the compromise of OPM’s background investigation database a while back...seems like there’s a new data breach reported by the gov every time I turn around. Clearly bad actors will find a way to get your data online. Little bit more difficult for foreign actors to pilfer through US mail. And I’m sure the agency goes to extensive lengths to ensure their online application portal isn’t penetrated lol, would be pretty scandalous.
someoldguy  
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 12:12:06 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1026 time(s) in 868 post(s)
And I’m sure the agency goes to extensive lengths to ensure their online application portal isn’t penetrated lol, would be pretty scandalous.
Wonder if that's why they haven't joined the intelligencecareers.gov web portal

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
tumamad165  
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 12:58:46 PM(UTC)
tumamad165

@marie where are you in the process?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed