Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rebels8  
#41 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 4:21:49 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bigrod223399 Go to Quoted Post

Can confirm this. I received a packet in the mail with no phone call beforehand. The packet did not say "CIA" on it either. I will refrain from giving exact wording, but I will say it is not particularly apparent what's in it until you open it.

Originally Posted by: WanttobeFed Go to Quoted Post
All I can say is don’t ignore anything that says From : Application processing center

Someone else on this thread mentioned the letter from the CIA being sent by FedEx. Were either of your packets sent by Priority Mail/FedEx/UPS? Or were your packets just sent by regular old First Class Mail? If the agency doesn't always call or email applicants before the agency sends applicants the packets, as important as the packets are, I would think that the agency wouldn't want to rely on First Class Mail. Because, as I wondered in a previous reply on this thread, people might think that a regular First Class letter that says something like "From: Application processing center" is junk mail, such as a credit card offer. And if the agency doesn't always call applicants before sending out the packets, then the applicants won't necessarily know to be on the look out for the packet. If the packet gets lost in the mail, then neither the agency nor the applicant would know and the applicant couldn't contact the agency to tell them that the packet hasn't come yet. But if the agency sends packets by Priority Mail/FedEx/UPS, then the agency could track the packets and maybe even request a signature from the intended recipient. I know that there are a lot of security problems with sending things online. But I'm still not convinced that sending it by mail or parcel service is that much more secure and, unless there's a tracking number, the risk of the applicant not receiving it may not be worth it.

#MMlivesmatter
tumamad165  
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 5:59:33 PM(UTC)
tumamad165

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
If it gives you that much anxiety, I’d say don’t waste your time applying...or learn to manage your expectations...because if (by the stroke of God) your letter arrives in one piece and you move forward in the process: Brace yourself for a long, obscure journey, most of which won’t make much sense.
thanks 1 user thanked tumamad165 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/1/2021(UTC)
rebels8  
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 8:37:53 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: tumamad165 Go to Quoted Post
If it gives you that much anxiety, I’d say don’t waste your time applying...or learn to manage your expectations...because if (by the stroke of God) your letter arrives in one piece and you move forward in the process: Brace yourself for a long, obscure journey, most of which won’t make much sense.

It doesn't give me that much anxiety. I just don't want the letter/packet from the agency to either get lost in the mail or to get accidentally thrown away or misplaced after I receive it. And I can also brace myself for the agency's long pre-employment process. Because I've already gone through the pre-employment process for DIA, though I know CIA does have a much longer process.
#MMlivesmatter
ArCyber  
#44 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 11:23:13 PM(UTC)
ArCyber

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Rebels8, your line of questioning and persistence at requesting specific details from interviews to written and email communications to be shared on a public forum regarding a sensitive application process are starting to verge on the neurotic, in my opinion.

The Agency is incredibly effective at communicating with applicants and keeping them in the loop. This coming from someone who has applied and gone through the hiring process for several IC elements in the DMV including your own. The CIA recruitment process has been by far the most transparent, communicative, and professional of all. Yes, there’s long periods of waiting during some phases but you are provided resources and get responses when necessary. I wish I could say the same about other ICs. You aren’t going to slip through any cracks due to some concocted snail mail snafu you have fixated on. If the Agency is interested in you, you’ll move forward and they’ll make sure of it.
thanks 1 user thanked ArCyber for this useful post.
slondon on 4/3/2021(UTC)
rebels8  
#45 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 12:37:16 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: ArCyber Go to Quoted Post
Rebels8, your line of questioning and persistence at requesting specific details from interviews to written and email communications to be shared on a public forum regarding a sensitive application process are starting to verge on the neurotic, in my opinion.

The Agency is incredibly effective at communicating with applicants and keeping them in the loop. This coming from someone who has applied and gone through the hiring process for several IC elements in the DMV including your own. The CIA recruitment process has been by far the most transparent, communicative, and professional of all. Yes, there’s long periods of waiting during some phases but you are provided resources and get responses when necessary. I wish I could say the same about other ICs. You aren’t going to slip through any cracks due to some concocted snail mail snafu you have fixated on. If the Agency is interested in you, you’ll move forward and they’ll make sure of it.

I'm sorry if I have come across as neurotic. I do realize that I have kept repeating myself. And it was not at all my intention to request personal details from people unless they're comfortable giving it out. But all of my questions have been in direct response to comments that people have given on this thread, including about their own application/interview process. The CIA website unfortunately but probably not surprisingly doesn't give much information about the interview process. The only other place to find information about the CIA application/interview process is Glassdoor.com. And from the information that I've gleaned on both this forum and Glassdoor.com, it's apparent that not everyone's application/interview process is the same. The writers of most of the Glassdoor reviews about applying and interviewing with the CIA that I've read don't mention that they received anything in the mail. And the few review writers that did mention receiving paperwork in the mail were all contacted by the agency before they received anything in the mail.
#MMlivesmatter
User153298  
#46 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 6:23:47 AM(UTC)
User153298

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ArCyber Go to Quoted Post

I'm sorry if I have come across as neurotic. I do realize that I have kept repeating myself. And it was not at all my intention to request personal details from people unless they're comfortable giving it out. But all of my questions have been in direct response to comments that people have given on this thread, including about their own application/interview process. The CIA website unfortunately but probably not surprisingly doesn't give much information about the interview process. The only other place to find information about the CIA application/interview process is Glassdoor.com. And from the information that I've gleaned on both this forum and Glassdoor.com, it's apparent that not everyone's application/interview process is the same. The writers of most of the Glassdoor reviews about applying and interviewing with the CIA that I've read don't mention that they received anything in the mail. And the few review writers that did mention receiving paperwork in the mail were all contacted by the agency before they received anything in the mail.

Important to note that this process probably varies by 1) YEAR when you applied. How old are the glassdoor reviews? 2) Directorate for which you applied and 3) the recruiter specifically handling your packet. There is bound to be some variance with each application.
thanks 1 user thanked User153298 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/3/2021(UTC)
Armomancer  
#47 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 5:12:24 AM(UTC)
Armomancer

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I passed my poly and psych within the last 8 months and have been waiting for an update ever since.

I have an offer from a company closer to home. My wife got her dream job that has destroyed my commute with my current job.

Idk if I want to take it or not. I don’t want to be a job hopper, but this agency can’t even give me an expected timeline aside from “you are actively processing” and I’m dying with this commute.
thanks 1 user thanked Armomancer for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/8/2021(UTC)
bigrod223399  
#48 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 7:45:35 AM(UTC)
bigrod223399

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Armomancer Go to Quoted Post
I passed my poly and psych within the last 8 months and have been waiting for an update ever since.

I have an offer from a company closer to home. My wife got her dream job that has destroyed my commute with my current job.

Idk if I want to take it or not. I don’t want to be a job hopper, but this agency can’t even give me an expected timeline aside from “you are actively processing” and I’m dying with this commute.

Hey man, I'm going through the same thing. I'm thinking of withdrawing from the process entirely. I applied over a year ago and still haven't even gotten a COE yet, yet they call me and tell me I'm still competitive and am actively processing. I have opportunities coming up that I might just take and totally move on from this. If I had a COE by now, it'd be a different story, but the processing seems to be moving at avalanche speeds. Even if I get one tomorrow, I'd still have over a year of security processing. Makes no sense.
thanks 1 user thanked bigrod223399 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/8/2021(UTC)
rebels8  
#49 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 8:55:30 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: bigrod223399 Go to Quoted Post

Hey man, I'm going through the same thing. I'm thinking of withdrawing from the process entirely. I applied over a year ago and still haven't even gotten a COE yet, yet they call me and tell me I'm still competitive and am actively processing. I have opportunities coming up that I might just take and totally move on from this. If I had a COE by now, it'd be a different story, but the processing seems to be moving at avalanche speeds. Even if I get one tomorrow, I'd still have over a year of security processing. Makes no sense.

You'd think that with the CIA's current big emphasis on hiring new employees that the agency would try to make the pre-employment process as short as is possible to do without sacrificing security concerns.
#MMlivesmatter
Armomancer  
#50 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 9:23:59 AM(UTC)
Armomancer

United States

Aaaaand I can’t quote other posts for some reason. This forum is so great.

I’m frustrated because for reasons that I cannot disclose under the NDA I signed during my interview, I thought my process would go much faster.

I’m probably going to end up staying in processing and just take the private sector job. I talked to some people and one guy was waiting THREE years before he was contacted by a BI.

It must be nice to be able to be so lazy that you can let someone’s file sit on your desk for three years.

Edited by user Friday, April 9, 2021 9:25:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rebels8 on 4/9/2021(UTC)
rebels8  
#51 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 10:43:50 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

I talked to some people and one guy was waiting THREE years before he was contacted by a BI.

It must be nice to be able to be so lazy that you can let someone’s file sit on your desk for three years.

This is called bureaucratic incompetence and inefficiency. It's one reason that many people don't trust our government to do anything good.

#MMlivesmatter
Armomancer  
#52 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 1:50:43 PM(UTC)
Armomancer

United States

I talked to some people and one guy was waiting THREE years before he was contacted by a BI.

This is called bureaucratic incompetence and inefficiency. It's one reason that many people don't trust our government to do anything good.

And yet we applied to these places :’D
rebels8 on 4/9/2021(UTC)
someoldguy  
#53 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 6:43:09 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1045 time(s) in 886 post(s)
Not necessarily incompetence but proof that the system is not optimized to get people on board in a timely manner.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/10/2021(UTC)
slondon  
#54 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2021 8:29:27 AM(UTC)
slondon

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Is anyone in here applying for the uniformed police division?
hopefulguy  
#55 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 1:40:12 PM(UTC)
hopefulguy

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: slondon Go to Quoted Post

I saw that position. Interesting one IMO. Pay is LOW though for NOVA. It's more force protection than calls for service but IMO still interesting if you are interested in Law Enforcement. You also have to do 5 years there before having the option to do something else in the agency.

slondon  
#56 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 2:05:51 PM(UTC)
slondon

United States

Originally Posted by: hopefulguy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: slondon Go to Quoted Post

I saw that position. Interesting one IMO. Pay is LOW though for NOVA. It's more force protection than calls for service but IMO still interesting if you are interested in Law Enforcement. You also have to do 5 years there before having the option to do something else in the agency.

Im currently in law enforcement. And pay isn't that low. That salary is only base salary. Unlike other departments you get law enforcement pay. Shift differential among other things. And you only have to wait 3 years as long as your yearly evaluations are good and you stay employed. Then you can work any department you want.
peteyboy123  
#57 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 6:06:21 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Asking for a friend- If he is already in process with the agency for another position(s), can he still apply to this one (SPS Police Officer) given it is in a separate directorate?
slondon  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 12:22:53 AM(UTC)
slondon

United States

Originally Posted by: peteyboy123 Go to Quoted Post
Asking for a friend- If he is already in process with the agency for another position(s), can he still apply to this one (SPS Police Officer) given it is in a separate directorate?

Sure. I dont see why not.
Armomancer  
#59 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2021 1:42:39 PM(UTC)
Armomancer

United States

I see some movement on my credit reports. Apparently talking smack works.
I wonder how many more years I’m gonna be waiting before I hear anything substantial.
tumamad165  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 3:35:09 PM(UTC)
tumamad165

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Did you already meet a background investigator? I’d say at least a year+ from the credit pull...unfortunately
Rss Feed  Atom Feed