Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
1qazxsw2!QAZXSW@  
#61 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 9:19:43 AM(UTC)
1qazxsw2!QAZXSW@

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
First time asking a question here, but been reading these “updates” for a few years now... Ive made it down the rabbit hole, completed all mtg’s and required appts, and heard a few weeks back that my BI was finished and was back with the “gov’t agency” for adjudication. Is there anyone that has made it PAST this point that may have some insight as to how long that process may take? I know its different for every case/person... but - just curious. Obviously all things COVID, its a 50% add to times, just curious if anyone has any info.... Cheers and best of luck to all!

Edited by user Thursday, April 22, 2021 9:20:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked 1qazxsw2!QAZXSW@ for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/22/2021(UTC)
Armomancer  
#62 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 10:37:40 AM(UTC)
Armomancer

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tumamad165 Go to Quoted Post
Did you already meet a background investigator? I’d say at least a year+ from the credit pull...unfortunately

I have not and honestly don’t know if I will. I got a clearance from another place right before covid happened, but circumstances with my wife made me decide to switch. Then again, we are talking about this agency.

Back to smack talking....
Dear CIA:

Yo’ momma so fat she sat on a rainbow and skittles popped out.

Yo’ adjudicators are so slow that when they tried to cross the road, they got a parking ticket.

Yo’ security office is so inefficient, they came last place in a snail bureaucracy marathon.
thanks 2 users thanked Armomancer for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/22/2021(UTC), 51319 on 4/23/2021(UTC)
tumamad165  
#63 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 12:06:31 PM(UTC)
tumamad165

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hahaha. Thanks for that. Speaking of inefficiency, even if your BI was adjudicated by another IC recently, there’s still a 50-50 chance they’ll do another. Apparently they didn’t get the DNI reciprocity memo.

On the how long does adjudication last after your stuff is all complete, that’s the million dolla question isn’t it lol
thanks 1 user thanked tumamad165 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/22/2021(UTC)
Armomancer  
#64 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 1:19:15 PM(UTC)
Armomancer

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Apparently they didn’t get the DNI reciprocity memo.

Of course, they can’t have us plebes thinking that they aren’t special
Bird_Dog_703  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 1:17:54 PM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1qazxsw2!QAZXSW@ Go to Quoted Post
First time asking a question here, but been reading these “updates” for a few years now... Ive made it down the rabbit hole, completed all mtg’s and required appts, and heard a few weeks back that my BI was finished and was back with the “gov’t agency” for adjudication. Is there anyone that has made it PAST this point that may have some insight as to how long that process may take? I know its different for every case/person... but - just curious. Obviously all things COVID, its a 50% add to times, just curious if anyone has any info.... Cheers and best of luck to all!

I was contacted with an offer about 4-5 months after my file was submitted to security. This was pre-covid. My background was pretty straightforward so I think they were able to breeze through it.

Good luck! Hopefully you get some good news soon.
thanks 1 user thanked Bird_Dog_703 for this useful post.
1qazxsw2!QAZXSW@ on 5/24/2021(UTC)
1qazxsw2!QAZXSW@  
#66 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 8:40:53 AM(UTC)
1qazxsw2!QAZXSW@

Was your offer different from what your CJO initially was? Now that theyre back to 100% should move along a little quicker.... hopefully. lol
JustaDude  
#67 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 10:23:56 AM(UTC)
JustaDude

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Was your offer different from what your CJO initially was? Now that theyre back to 100% should move along a little quicker.... hopefully. lol

Theyre at 100% now?

Please tell me you heard correctly lol

Edited by user Tuesday, May 25, 2021 11:41:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked JustaDude for this useful post.
rebels8 on 5/24/2021(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703  
#68 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 1:43:24 PM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 31 post(s)

It was - I had finished grad school and completed an additional year and change of related work experience they upped the offer to the equivalent of a promotion to the next grade. The agency where I was working had matched my private sector salary which was higher than CIA's final so I stayed where I was. Also, most CIA offices in the DMV aren't metro/mass transit accessible. So you will be likely in a car dealing with the traffic; unless you pay up an expensive home or high rent to live close by, that also factored in my decision.
thanks 1 user thanked Bird_Dog_703 for this useful post.
slondon on 5/27/2021(UTC)
tumamad165  
#69 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 5:00:14 AM(UTC)
tumamad165

Anyone have recent news to share?
rebels8  
#70 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 3:56:24 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: aeh142 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Y'all,

I am in the early stages for a DO role. In their mailed materials, it states that official transcripts should be included in the return package, however, the timeline is 4-5 business days which is far shorter than any official transcript takes to process. Also, I'll have about four of them.

I called the listed number in the materials to no avail, and will try again later. Anybody have insight into this?

People who have applied for DO positions shouldn't be talking about it on an open forum. You should ask any questions about the DO pre-employment process in a private message instead and even this might not be wise.
#MMlivesmatter
bigrod223399  
#71 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2021 6:20:58 AM(UTC)
bigrod223399

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Sure, I actually dropped out of the process recently. I applied over a year and a half ago, had a phone interview, was told I was competitive, and have been waiting ever since. In the meantime, I moved on and got a better job than I ever expected in the private sector, and just don't feel compelled to leave it. A few days ago, I received a call that I'd be moving forward, but don't see the point in waiting another 2 years for an in-person interview, polygraph, security processing, etc.

God bless the people who are willing to wait 3-4 years for a job. To me, by the time I'm done processing, I could be well into my career and it really would not make sense to restart my life at that point, especially considering I'd be the low man on the totem pole since the position was entry-level. They really need to figure out how to speed this process up.
thanks 1 user thanked bigrod223399 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 6/12/2021(UTC)
tumamad165  
#72 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2021 7:22:07 AM(UTC)
tumamad165

Don’t blame you in the least! I decided to just let my process keep going out of curiosity how long it will take. I’m in a good place now so they’d have to offer a substantial salary bump for me to take it at this point. End of the day; they only have themselves to blame for losing high quality candidates. 4+ years is beyond patient.
thanks 1 user thanked tumamad165 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 6/12/2021(UTC)
rebels8  
#73 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2021 7:34:19 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: bigrod223399 Go to Quoted Post

Sure, I actually dropped out of the process recently. I applied over a year and a half ago, had a phone interview, was told I was competitive, and have been waiting ever since. In the meantime, I moved on and got a better job than I ever expected in the private sector, and just don't feel compelled to leave it. A few days ago, I received a call that I'd be moving forward, but don't see the point in waiting another 2 years for an in-person interview, polygraph, security processing, etc.

God bless the people who are willing to wait 3-4 years for a job. To me, by the time I'm done processing, I could be well into my career and it really would not make sense to restart my life at that point, especially considering I'd be the low man on the totem pole since the position was entry-level. They really need to figure out how to speed this process up.

About how long after you applied did the agency call you for an interview?

I can't figure out why the CIA pre-employment process is often so long. Surely the agency can make the process go quicker without sacrificing security. I wonder if agency HR is understaffed and/or overworked. This is probably a common cause of obscenely long government processes regardless which agency is involved.

I've had recent "business" so to speak (not pre-employment related) with two other federal agencies. The relevant process with the first agency took almost exactly a year. And the process with the second agency, which was a follow up or continuation of the first, began 7 months ago and still has no end in sight. People who do "business" with this second federal agency sometimes have to wait two years or more for the process to finish and allegedly partly because this agency is understaffed and overworked. The processes of both of these federal agencies are generally less complicated than pre-employment processes with intelligence agencies. So it's no surprise that the pre-employment process for the premier U.S. intelligence agency that acts as the National HUMINT Manager for the entire federal government often takes so long.
#MMlivesmatter
JustaDude  
#74 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2021 8:25:18 AM(UTC)
JustaDude

Don’t blame you in the least! I decided to just let my process keep going out of curiosity how long it will take. I’m in a good place now so they’d have to offer a substantial salary bump for me to take it at this point. End of the day; they only have themselves to blame for losing high quality candidates. 4+ years is beyond patient.

If you're curious, contact your county's congressman and ask them to look into why you haven't received any news for a year+. Most offices do inquiries and will receive an answer.
tumamad165  
#75 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 5:28:44 AM(UTC)
tumamad165

Originally Posted by: JustaDude Go to Quoted Post

If you're curious, contact your county's congressman and ask them to look into why you haven't received any news for a year+. Most offices do inquiries and will receive an answer.

Haven’t heard of that working with IC agencies; I know someone who tried that route and the agency provided a response something to the effect of, “the applicant is actively being processed as expeditiously as possible given current resource constraints”
JustaDude  
#76 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 11:49:22 AM(UTC)
JustaDude

Originally Posted by: JustaDude Go to Quoted Post

Haven’t heard of that working with IC agencies; I know someone who tried that route and the agency provided a response something to the effect of, “the applicant is actively being processed as expeditiously as possible given current resource constraints”

Yea sounds about right then, lol
1qazxsw2!QAZXSW@  
#77 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 6:17:21 AM(UTC)
1qazxsw2!QAZXSW@

Anyone
Have any updates news?
rebels8  
#78 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 2:06:48 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Anyone
Have any updates news?

Well I doubt you'll find out anything if the CIA and other intelligence agencies didn't even know how fast Kabul would fall to the Taliban. lol

https://twitter.com/Fran...1426928470970490882?s=19
#MMlivesmatter
someoldguy  
#79 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 4:31:52 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1026 time(s) in 868 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
...the CIA and other intelligence agencies didn't even know how fast Kabul would fall to the Taliban
There's what they knew to be true...

And what they desperately and foolishly hoped to be true.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
rebels8 on 8/16/2021(UTC)
Bart  
#80 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2021 3:44:41 PM(UTC)
Bart

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
New to the forum. Got a phone interview today and she was happy and scheduled a formal panel interview (2 people) in 3 weeks. That's my second rodeo. Although the first time, I'm not sure why I didn't even get an offer since During the interview they told me that I had all the qualifications the job was asking for. In the previous one, I had to go to the actual office. This one will be a virtual one. I feel like I can do much better face to face.

I remember the first time when I was done; there were 6 others going for the same vacancies (they told us that there was enough job for all of us). In the end, some were asked to stay behind and I was not. So I moved but was grateful for the experience. This was the first time that I interviewed for a job and didn't get it (ego hurt lol since I can interview well). So I tried again and was called again.

I felt like in the first one, I went balls out since I practiced a lot of the questions but I'm also very spontaneous so I was able to answer questions while preventing myself from ranting. But this one will be virtual. I was looking forward to going there again. Anyone else got virtual panel interviews?

Also the phone interviewer told me that I would get a package in the mail. How long does it take to get that package? The first time, I didn't get one and everything was done online (signing papers).

Applied Beginning of August 2021
Got testing email a week later (did the test the next day)
Phone interview with a recruiter 1 week after test
Virtual panel interview second week of September 2021

Edited by user Thursday, August 26, 2021 9:42:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed