Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LunaNik  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 4:26:42 PM(UTC)
LunaNik

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

On 12/01/2020, I received the decision of the Hearings Rep. She reversed the Office's decision to terminate and ordered immediate reinstatement of benefits retroactive to the date of termination. On 12/02/2020, I uploaded completed and signed Forms CA-7 and 1032. Subsequently, I received notification that my health insurance was terminated on the same date as the Hearing Rep's decision.

I have periodically phoned my CE and uploaded letters. She won't return my calls or letters, and has taken no action whatsoever to reinstate my benefits, yet another violation of the FECA, which mandates that substantive action be taken on a hearing decision within 15 days of receipt of the case file.

I just received a letter from my CE requesting records from an auto accident that occurred before my work injury. I was given 30 days to provide these records, otherwise she would "proceed without them," whatever that means. Note that these records have literally nothing to do with reinstating my benefits, which the Hearing Rep ordered done immediately.

What can I do to get the OWCP to actually implement the Hearing Rep's decision? I'm at my wit's end here, and can't get through to my CE. In the meantime, my heart medication is due for a refill, and I can't afford to pay out of pocket.
LeroyToliver  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 1:15:53 AM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Here is the one Senator who seems to take these things seriously. She is an injured veteran who knows how the fed tries to snake their way out of taking care of their injured. Make a report with her and request follow up.

https://www.duckworth.se...lp-with-a-federal-agency
VW1  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 6:47:27 AM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The Department of Labor is tasked with enforcing FECA laws and they violate those laws on a daily basis. They do so because they are not held accountable for their violations or actions. Nobody in Congress is going to be able to force OWCP to reinstate your benefits. They can make an inquiry on your behalf, but they cannot solve your issue. I would write a letter to the Secretary of Labor asking for his assistance in getting your issue resolved. The Secretary will forward your letter to the district director and have them respond within 30 days of the date of your letter. There is no guarantee that this will resolve your issue, but it has a better chance of being resolved taking this route. This is just my opinion based on my experiences.
LeroyToliver  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 9:28:27 PM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Some of these claims examiners need to be dragged before congress along with the supervisors that protect them. I would create a clear letter of what is happening with your case and make clear your CE's blatantly ignoring your inquiries. I would forward that letter to every head at the DOL and after hearing dozens of similar situations across different forums, I would say mail one out to Pennsylvania Ave as well like a few others have. You can find an email address to most editors at major publications across the country on their websites. The sooner you do these things the sooner you'll see results.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed