Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaveTheClerk  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 3:27:03 AM(UTC)
DaveTheClerk

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

My lead clerk told me I'm in my 90 days, even though I disagree with that, as I'm pretty sure I'm not. Will be talking to a steward when I get back to work on Thursday to verify if I am or not, just checking with you guys.

I called in sick on Saturday due to stomach issues and puking, and my lead clerk said I could get in trouble for calling in sick in my 90 days.

I was a PSE for less than a year before I became a PTF at a different office. I was a PTF for 3 years before I became a FTR at a new location.

To my understanding, I would only be in probation when I converted from PSE (non-career) to PTF (career) and after that I wouldn't be in probation, even if I went to another installation as a newly promoted FTR.

Would I still have to do a new 90 days? Even if I already did my 90 days when I became a PTF? If I knew I was in my 90 days, I would have just came in sick and threw up on the floor and be sent home instead of calling in sick. Just need peace of mind on wither I'm in my 90 days or not.

Thanks
roger.d  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 6:18:37 AM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 973 time(s) in 791 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DaveTheClerk Go to Quoted Post
My lead clerk told me I'm in my 90 days, even though I disagree with that, as I'm pretty sure I'm not. Will be talking to a steward when I get back to work on Thursday to verify if I am or not, just checking with you guys.

I called in sick on Saturday due to stomach issues and puking, and my lead clerk said I could get in trouble for calling in sick in my 90 days.

I was a PSE for less than a year before I became a PTF at a different office. I was a PTF for 3 years before I became a FTR at a new location.

To my understanding, I would only be in probation when I converted from PSE (non-career) to PTF (career) and after that I wouldn't be in probation, even if I went to another installation as a newly promoted FTR.

Would I still have to do a new 90 days? Even if I already did my 90 days when I became a PTF? If I knew I was in my 90 days, I would have just came in sick and threw up on the floor and be sent home instead of calling in sick. Just need peace of mind on wither I'm in my 90 days or not.

Thanks

Let me see if I have this correct.

You are a FTR for less than 90 days.

Prior to that, you were a PTF for 3 years.

There is no break in your service between the 2.

Probation is your first 90 days working/120 calendar days with the Post Office. Sense that was over 3 years ago, your lead clerk is an IDIOT. They should apply for a management position.
Those who are, know those who are not.

If you think they are after you, what did you do wrong?
MPE2009  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 6:41:25 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 607 time(s) in 496 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post

Thanks

Let me see if I have this correct.

You are a FTR for less than 90 days.

Prior to that, you were a PTF for 3 years.

There is no break in your service between the 2.

Probation is your first 90 days working/120 calendar days with the Post Office. Sense that was over 3 years ago, your lead clerk is an IDIOT. They should apply for a management position.

As I understand the OP's story, he isn't in his 90 and if he was, management should have already told him. As to the lead clerk, he/she may simply made the assumption that the new guy is in his 90 and trying to help.
New Guy 2021  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 8:15:41 AM(UTC)
New Guy 2021

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
100% not in your 90 days.
MN Postmaster  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 10:12:10 AM(UTC)
MN Postmaster

Man
United States

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 99 post(s)
The lead clerk is wrong, you are not on probation. You are probably going to have to second guess a lot of his/her decisions.
Just because you are paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you...
Dazedandconfused  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 12:03:43 PM(UTC)
Dazedandconfused

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Thanks

Some lead clerks have no business being in a "lead" position.
Life is Sweet

Those who are, know those who aren't

Karma: the force created by a person's action that cause good or bad things
38 yrs professional toilet scrubber  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 4:30:26 PM(UTC)
38 yrs professional toilet scrubber

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 64 post(s)
A 38 years retired custodian has no business with letter carrier craft.
I am a professional toilet scrubber for 38 yrs and never carried b4.
I like to file 1767 for the heck of it.
Dazedandconfused  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 8:05:33 AM(UTC)
Dazedandconfused

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 38 yrs professional toilet scrubber Go to Quoted Post
A 38 years retired custodian has no business with letter carrier craft.

Then why are you?
Life is Sweet

Those who are, know those who aren't

Karma: the force created by a person's action that cause good or bad things
Rss Feed  Atom Feed