Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

64 Pages«<626364
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LTE30  
#1261 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 2:38:50 PM(UTC)
LTE30

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kay Jay Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LTE30 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kate23 Go to Quoted Post
If our start date is Monday 1/3, should I be expecting an email tomorrow with call in info for orientation since Friday is a holiday? Haven't gotten anything yet.

Did you receive the conference call info for Monday? I received nothing regarding the call.

Nope, I haven't either.

Yeah I hope it doesn’t jeopardize our start date, I definitely will be calling someone Monday morning.

I agree. I emailed the area hiring manager from the welcome email, but haven't heard anything. I'll probably have to call someone Monday as well.

The area manager emailed me back and said for me to reach out to my manager via phone. I got no callback, so I guess I will reach out again Monday or refer back to the area manager.

Happy New Year 🎊! Were you able to start yesterday or is everything still being sorted out?

Happy New Year, yes I started 1/3 not sure why I didn’t get notified when you posted. Sorry I am so late.
Kay Jay  
#1262 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 10:43:45 AM(UTC)
Kay Jay

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If our start date is Monday 1/3, should I be expecting an email tomorrow with call in info for orientation since Friday is a holiday? Haven't gotten anything yet.

Did you receive the conference call info for Monday? I received nothing regarding the call.

Nope, I haven't either.

Yeah I hope it doesn’t jeopardize our start date, I definitely will be calling someone Monday morning.

I agree. I emailed the area hiring manager from the welcome email, but haven't heard anything. I'll probably have to call someone Monday as well.

The area manager emailed me back and said for me to reach out to my manager via phone. I got no callback, so I guess I will reach out again Monday or refer back to the area manager.

Happy New Year 🎊! Were you able to start yesterday or is everything still being sorted out?

Happy New Year, yes I started 1/3 not sure why I didn’t get notified when you posted. Sorry I am so late.

Great!! Glad you were able to onboard timely! 3 weeks in now, are you as terrified as I am?
Between the acronyms and the different systems, the fear is deep within lol.
LTE30  
#1263 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 10:47:03 AM(UTC)
LTE30

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 21 post(s)

Nope, I haven't either.

Great!! Glad you were able to onboard timely! 3 weeks in now, are you as terrified as I am?
Between the acronyms and the different systems, the fear is deep within lol.

Yeah it’s a lot of information, but we should know so much by the time official training starts, seeing it got pushed back to the end of February.
scottyd27  
#1264 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2022 6:45:41 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Look folks, you all need to take a breath have an adult beverage.

You’re 2 weeks into a year of training.

I’m an OJI and have been detailed to Area Training since June. It’ll be alright.

POD orientation isn’t designed to make you an RO. It’s designed to make you familiar with terms and make you aware of some of the software we use to do our job, give you basic risk mitigation techniques and get you prepared for Unit Training.

How do I know this you ask… i helped develop
The training and delivery.

I am going to tell you what I beat into my trainees heads (figuratively).

Stop making yourselves a bunch of panicky trainees. You’re going to give
Yourselves a collective stroke.

Your OJI and manager are going to give you all the tools you need. All will be reveled and become clear.

And if
You can’t get answers from your OJI or manager hit me up. I’ll help you.

You have a whole year use it. And it’ll be ok. Ask questions. I hate it when my trainees don’t ask me questions. Because either I’m a exceptional OJI or they’re afraid of me.

So my moral of the story.

Take a breath, drink an adult beverage and It will be OK.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed