Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

60 Pages«<1112131415>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jetfan1973  
#241 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 8:22:49 AM(UTC)
Jetfan1973

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post
Got an email early this morning stating: "Determination: Meets Basic Qualifications"

No follow up email about referral or anything. Don't know if it would have stated Best/Well Qualified in this email or another (or if this is the email where you're only qualified but not the top groups)...

Anyone get the same?

You did not BQ.

BQ, does that mean best Qualified on your part? And "Determination: Meets Basic Qualifications" does not mean anything?

I'm confused with all these ratings!
lordword84  
#242 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 9:51:28 AM(UTC)
lordword84

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I thought the Rating was Cat A, etc, that what it said this week for a different position with the IRS.
Rating: Cat A
Not Vet
scottyd27  
#243 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 10:30:51 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 226 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jetfan1973 Go to Quoted Post
Got an email early this morning stating: "Determination: Meets Basic Qualifications"

No follow up email about referral or anything. Don't know if it would have stated Best/Well Qualified in this email or another (or if this is the email where you're only qualified but not the top groups)...

Anyone get the same?

You did not BQ.

BQ, does that mean best Qualified on your part? And "Determination: Meets Basic Qualifications" does not mean anything?

It means you just meet the basic qualifications for the position.

You are not best qualified in your cohort.

I’m not saying you wouldn’t be a good RO there are just people that have more qualifications.

Unless you’re a 10 point vet I would be waiting on an interview.
Riverside  
#244 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 1:03:17 PM(UTC)
Riverside

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Anyone get the same?

You did not BQ.

Do you happen to know if this is based on a weaker resume/experience or the results of the ROSA?
scottyd27  
#245 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 2:28:56 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Anyone get the same?

You did not BQ.

Do you happen to know if this is based on a weaker resume/experience or the results of the ROSA?

I have no idea.

Jetfan1973  
#246 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 2:43:45 PM(UTC)
Jetfan1973

Anyone get the same?

You did not BQ.

I have no idea.

So I guess I am bottom of barrel, but ...they did grant GS-9 up to this point. We shall see how it goes from this point.

Thanks Scott.

Riverside  
#247 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 2:44:56 PM(UTC)
Riverside

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jetfan1973 Go to Quoted Post

Anyone get the same?

You did not BQ.

Unfortunately for us, it seems we didn't cut the mustard to get BQ and get referred. Supposedly it means we're qualified for the job at the bare minimum but not as good as other candidates who have received higher ratings. Bummer. I'm sure currently being unemployed does not help my cause...best of luck to you in whatever comes your way!
Jetfan1973  
#248 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 2:48:17 PM(UTC)
Jetfan1973

So I guess I am bottom of barrel, but ...they did grant GS-9 up to this point. We shall see how it goes from this point.

Thanks Scott.
scottyd27  
#249 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 5:24:45 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

I don’t think being unemployed hurts you at all. In fact, I may be an advantage. And you’re not in that boat alone.

Because people that are employed may not actually leave their jobs. Lots of people get offers then don’t respond or show up.

Sorry that you didn’t BQ. All it means is someone else checked more boxes.
RK  
#250 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 7:54:10 PM(UTC)
RK

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I applied from California but have not heard back. Anyone from the West coast heard back yet about the rating?
brian76  
#251 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 8:25:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RK Go to Quoted Post
I applied from California but have not heard back. Anyone from the West coast heard back yet about the rating?

I’m in NorCal and received the BQ email this past Friday. I have a feeling a lot of emails will be sent this week. Good luck and hope you receive some good news!
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
RK on 5/17/2021(UTC)
RodoHinote  
#252 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 9:50:05 PM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RK Go to Quoted Post

Not yet, but I’m still hopeful. I applied for AZ locations though.
"Never judge someone's character based on the words of another. Focus on the one casting judgment." - Suzy Kassel
thanks 1 user thanked RodoHinote for this useful post.
RK on 5/17/2021(UTC)
TheCapUniverse  
#253 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 7:15:03 AM(UTC)
TheCapUniverse

United States

Anyone know if you can make the best qualified list, but not be called for an interview?
OEFVET  
#254 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 7:30:00 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Quick questions for IRS RO vets- I know the first year we cannot take time off... but do we still accrue the vacation time during the probation period?
TheCapUniverse  
#255 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 7:39:14 AM(UTC)
TheCapUniverse

United States

Originally Posted by: OEFVET Go to Quoted Post
Quick questions for IRS RO vets- I know the first year we cannot take time off... but do we still accrue the vacation time during the probation period?

I do know that you start to accrue annual and sick leave from day one. The amount of annual depends on how much federal service you have. If you don't have any you accrue 4 hours a pay period of annual and 4 hours of sick leave. I attended a virtual session and they discussed that.
thanks 1 user thanked TheCapUniverse for this useful post.
OEFVET on 5/17/2021(UTC)
OEFVET  
#256 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 8:26:41 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheCapUniverse Go to Quoted Post

I do know that you start to accrue annual and sick leave from day one. The amount of annual depends on how much federal service you have. If you don't have any you accrue 4 hours a pay period of annual and 4 hours of sick leave. I attended a virtual session and they discussed that.

Thank you. I wish I would have been able to attend to get some information. Hopefully I'll have a chance to ask questions about training during the interview.
TheCapUniverse  
#257 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 9:54:00 AM(UTC)
TheCapUniverse

United States

Thank you. I wish I would have been able to attend to get some information. Hopefully I'll have a chance to ask questions about training during the interview.

If you go on usajobs, on the first page, they have events listed at the bottom. Keep scrolling until you see Revenue Officer. They have them for Agents as well. The next one is May 20th.

Edited by user Monday, May 17, 2021 9:55:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scottyd27  
#258 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 10:02:01 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Yes you earn leave both annual and sick from day one.

You’re a vet so assuming you have 3 years of military service you’ll start out earning 6 hours or annual leave and 4 hours of sick leav per pay period.

If someone has no other military or civilian time with the Govt it’s 4 and 4 per pay period.

Plus no weekends and 13 paid holiday
federalgovtjobseeker  
#259 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 10:14:12 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Anyone know if you can make the best qualified list, but not be called for an interview?

Yes, HR refers more candidates than interview spots. However, with a bigger POD (post of duty) with more vacancies, your chance of interview goes up because there are more interviews. Sometimes, the number of vacancies on the announcement doesn’t correspond with how many people are hired too. For example, they could hire 6 people if they get approval, even if it said they were only hiring for 4. It can also work in reverse as well sadly.
thanks 1 user thanked federalgovtjobseeker for this useful post.
TheCapUniverse on 5/17/2021(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker  
#260 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 10:21:33 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 95 post(s)

Depending on your manager, you can take off during the first year. I know a manager who approved leave during the first year, but on this forum, I have heard other managers were not as willing. It just depends. And yes, you accrue 4 hours of vacation a pay period until year 3 in the federal service, then I believe it’s 6 hours of vacation a pay period from year 3 to less than 15, then 15 and more, 8 hours a pay period. This is just vacation time; sick time is 4 hours per pay period regardless of federal tenure and yes, you can take sick days your first year as well.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed