Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

62 Pages«<1415161718>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Floaty  
#301 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 7:01:57 AM(UTC)
Floaty

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I passed the rosa test but received an email that im inelgible based off my resume.

Does that make sense? To have me take a test if i was ineligible to begin with?
*Do not drown in your own swimming pool*
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#302 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 8:03:32 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Floaty Go to Quoted Post
I passed the rosa test but received an email that im inelgible based off my resume.

Does that make sense? To have me take a test if i was ineligible to begin with?

It does make sense. The IRS would like to weed everyone out as much as possible before they have a human look at the documents . For the CI process, you have to take the online assessment and if you pass the online assessment they will review your resume, education, and other documents to see if you meet the qualifications. So instead of looking at 10000 applications, they will only have to look at 5000 because they don't need to look at the applications of those that failed the online assessment. Your original eligibility email is based solely on how you answer questions and then someone needs confirm that information with your backup documents
OEFVET  
#303 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 9:45:49 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I got an initial BQ referral for a GS7, I wrote and inquired about the GS9 and basically explained why I felt I was qualified. Late last night, I got another BQ referral email for GS9. I was happy with either one, but I am not sure if it was from me emailing or if they will refer you more than once? Both locations are the same.

Either way... I say for those who questioned their GS7 rating to maybe write the HR person back that emailed you about your referral.
scottyd27  
#304 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 9:59:00 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 324 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OEFVET Go to Quoted Post
I got an initial BQ referral for a GS7, I wrote and inquired about the GS9 and basically explained why I felt I was qualified. Late last night, I got another BQ referral email for GS9. I was happy with either one, but I am not sure if it was from me emailing or if they will refer you more than once? Both locations are the same.

Either way... I say for those who questioned their GS7 rating to maybe write the HR person back that emailed you about your referral.

My suggestion is if you’re offered the job take it 7 or 9.

If you start as a 7 you’ll be an 11 in 2 years. And if you start as a 9 you’ll be an 11 in a year. But you’ll be expected to preform at journey level
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 5/20/2021(UTC)
OEFVET  
#305 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 10:59:04 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

If you start as a 7 you’ll be an 11 in 2 years. And if you start as a 9 you’ll be an 11 in a year. But you’ll be expected to preform at journey level

Understood.

brian76  
#306 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 3:24:58 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RodoHinote Go to Quoted Post
I just got my referral status, but mine is to a location that I hadn’t even applied to. Is there anyone else out there that is having this happen to them as well?

When the new locations were added to the announcement, I was excited and removed the one location I had and added two close to my residence. I received a BQ referral email for the location I had removed and I’m scheduled to interview on 5/28 for that location. The territory manager said that is was specific for that location (the one I removed). I sent a couple of emails to HR for help and I’m waiting to hear back. I haven’t received the referral emails for the two locations that are actually on my application. Lol.

Edited by user Thursday, May 20, 2021 3:27:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jetfan1973  
#307 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 4:13:07 PM(UTC)
Jetfan1973

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey Scottyd27,

What if you're coming upon 1 year as a GS 9, hired after your 1 year TIG, do you stay a 9 during training?

Thanks
Riverside  
#308 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 5:07:28 PM(UTC)
Riverside

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brian76 Go to Quoted Post
I just got my referral status, but mine is to a location that I hadn’t even applied to. Is there anyone else out there that is having this happen to them as well?

When the new locations were added to the announcement, I was excited and removed the one location I had and added two close to my residence. I received a BQ referral email for the location I had removed and I’m scheduled to interview on 5/28 for that location. The territory manager said that is was specific for that location (the one I removed). I sent a couple of emails to HR for help and I’m waiting to hear back. I haven’t received the referral emails for the two locations that are actually on my application. Lol.

Just curious are you required to do in person, remote or your choice for the interview?

brian76  
#309 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 5:26:05 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post

Just curious are you required to do in person, remote or your choice for the interview?

Over the phone

federalgovtjobseeker  
#310 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 5:27:10 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 95 post(s)

I can confirm this. Once you reach GS11, no matter your experience level, your GM will expect you to be able to perform at journey level! Also just for everyone asking about why they are only getting referred for GS7 when they were eligible for GS9, it’s about what your location is requesting from HR on the referral list/hiring certificate. Some GM’s don’t want to hire GS9’s right away because it does take a while to be good at this job. Lastly, my advice is to take any interview you get. When I applied, I got offered job locations that I didn’t interview with but because I was referred to them, they used my interview from the other location to offer me the job. It never hurts to interview! Good luck all!
thanks 1 user thanked federalgovtjobseeker for this useful post.
brian76 on 5/20/2021(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker  
#311 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 5:28:45 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post

If you are not in commuting distance for the interview in person, they can do it over the phone. It isn’t necessarily your choice but your current location does dictate how they will ask you to interview.
OEFVET  
#312 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 5:00:52 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

A colleague of mine received an email to go get fingerprinted. No interview, is this common? Applied in NorCal
scottyd27  
#313 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 5:52:33 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 324 time(s) in 239 post(s)
A colleague of mine received an email to go get fingerprinted. No interview, is this common? Applied in NorCal

That’s odd?

Is he sure it’s for IRS? Maybe he applied and interviewed for another agency
TheCapUniverse  
#314 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 7:14:09 AM(UTC)
TheCapUniverse

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Wouldn't this be grand for everyone? There are some jobs that don't interview, but it's normally IT, contact reps, etc. I thought the ROs always did interviews? If not, congrats to your colleague!
OEFVET  
#315 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 7:15:12 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

That’s odd?

Is he sure it’s for IRS? Maybe he applied and interviewed for another agency

Yes same position. No prior federal employment besides military.
OEFVET  
#316 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 7:18:02 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Originally Posted by: TheCapUniverse Go to Quoted Post

Wouldn't this be grand for everyone? There are some jobs that don't interview, but it's normally IT, contact reps, etc. I thought the ROs always did interviews? If not, congrats to your colleague!

It would! He hasn't been told start date or talked to any hiring manager at all. He was thinking maybe a mistake, but it did not come from the referral HR. their signature mentions the POD he applied to (he applied to 3).
redactedinfo  
#317 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 7:44:26 AM(UTC)
redactedinfo

United States

Is anyone wondering about the time frame? Here's the process for me so far:

5/13 - received BQ GS 07 email, may get contacted for interview

I'm still waiting for an email or call regarding the interview. What about the rest of you?
OEFVET  
#318 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 7:52:52 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Originally Posted by: redactedinfo Go to Quoted Post

I'm still waiting for an email or call regarding the interview. What about the rest of you?

5/12 - Referred email BQ -GS7

5/19 - Referred email BQ - GS9

5/21- Request for phone interview
thanks 1 user thanked OEFVET for this useful post.
redactedinfo on 5/21/2021(UTC)
redactedinfo  
#319 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 7:59:46 AM(UTC)
redactedinfo

United States

Originally Posted by: redactedinfo Go to Quoted Post

5/12 - Referred email BQ -GS7

5/19 - Referred email BQ - GS9

5/21- Request for phone interview

Hm, hopefully I'm contacted today or Monday. If not, I'll stop paying attention and focus on other apps. Thanks!
Candidate84  
#320 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 8:39:07 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I looked and it said I was ineligible for 9 but said my qualifications were still under review for 7. I'm a vet with 8 years of financial crimes investigations experience....really hoping I get the email soon. Getting a little worried that this isn't gonna happen.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed