Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

52 Pages«<1718192021>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottyd27  
#361 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 2:34:48 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 219 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MoisLete Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know about how much time those of us who got RO best qualified & referred emails but NO interview email should give it before giving up hope on an interview?

It depends on when the PODs you applied to are hiring. Usually a hiring this big is staggered.
Javier  
#362 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 8:04:49 AM(UTC)
Javier

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Javier Go to Quoted Post
I received a call this morning to setup an interview!

Nice going! Which location?

West Palm Beach, FL!
thanks 1 user thanked Javier for this useful post.
Riverside on 6/1/2021(UTC)
Candidate84  
#363 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 5:03:08 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Looking for some input. I took the assessments 2 months ago and have not received any results. I had looked at the Career Connector site and it originally said I was disqualified from the 9 position but still under review for the 7. Last week I received an email stating that as I had taken the assessments within the past 8 months (Outside of 2 months ago I had not taken them before) that they would use those original results for rating purposes. I replied to the email stating that I never received any results or rating and needed a point of contact to receive this information. They have not responded and I have emailed the office on the job post and called and left a voicemail. I have not received a call or an email in return. I did notice that the Career Connector now shows for the 7 that I am in the "Scheduling for an Assessment" category (Which I already took) and that for the 9 I am now listed as "Qualifications Under Review." Should I just wait and see? I am a vet and an external applicant....does that make any difference as maybe they just haven't contacted external applicants yet? I just see people moving through the process and have their results, rating, and scheduled interviews and it makes me wonder if something has slipped through the cracks. Could be the pods I applied to haven't started the hiring process? What do you think? Sorry for the long-winded story.
Paul  
#364 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 3:41:28 PM(UTC)
Paul

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

West Palm Beach, FL!

Same - got an interview for tomorrow :)
peteyboy123  
#365 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 4:00:35 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

West Palm Beach, FL!

Looks like they passed over me for this location @scottyd, was planning on doing the interview anyway for MT but still :/
brian76  
#366 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 6:30:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Good luck to those who have interviews today!
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Paul on 6/3/2021(UTC)
RodoHinote  
#367 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 9:20:19 AM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed for all of us!🤞
"Never judge someone's character based on the words of another. Focus on the one casting judgment." - Suzy Kassel
thanks 1 user thanked RodoHinote for this useful post.
Paul on 6/3/2021(UTC)
Paul  
#368 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 10:39:13 AM(UTC)
Paul

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brian76 Go to Quoted Post
Good luck to those who have interviews today!

Done! Great experience and very professional!
thanks 2 users thanked Paul for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 6/3/2021(UTC), brian76 on 6/3/2021(UTC)
Candidate84  
#369 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 10:42:12 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Spoke with a representative today in HR. She said this announcement is huge and that plenty of pods and applicants are at various stages. Pretty much what this means is that impatient people like myself just need to be patient as they are doing the work and will get around to us. Just because you have not been contacted about results or ratings does not mean you are out of the running. I haven't received any notice and she said they are still reviewing my application package and that I am in consideration. Keep the faith! Good luck to all! :)
AllHailTheDead0  
#370 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 11:22:10 AM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
About how long did your interviews take? Has anyone been offered a position yet or are they going to wait until they interview everyone?
brian76  
#371 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 11:43:02 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Candidate84 Go to Quoted Post
Spoke with a representative today in HR. She said this announcement is huge and that plenty of pods and applicants are at various stages. Pretty much what this means is that impatient people like myself just need to be patient as they are doing the work and will get around to us. Just because you have not been contacted about results or ratings does not mean you are out of the running. I haven't received any notice and she said they are still reviewing my application package and that I am in consideration. Keep the faith! Good luck to all! :)

Glad you were able to talk to somebody! It’s a large hiring so that makes sense.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 6/3/2021(UTC)
AZcactus42  
#372 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 3:45:46 PM(UTC)
AZcactus42

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
About how long did your interviews take? Has anyone been offered a position yet or are they going to wait until they interview everyone?

Mine took about 30 minutes. 20 minutes was me answering questions and about 10 minutes was the interviewer answering my questions. I was told final offers should go out in the next 2-3 weeks... no later than the end of this month, with the start date in August.

Edited by user Thursday, June 3, 2021 3:47:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

brian76  
#373 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 5:13:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post

Mine was about 30 minutes too. Like I said in a previous post, there’s plenty of time to answer the questions. I asked about the turnaround time for the interview results and was told 3 weeks.
scottyd27  
#374 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 3:20:47 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: peteyboy123 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

West Palm Beach, FL!

Looks like they passed over me for this location @scottyd, was planning on doing the interview anyway for MT but still :/

Don’t assume anything.

Even when you’re told NO it might not mean no. This is the IRS.

They could call you for an interview because someone doesn’t take an offer or because… it rained Tuesday.

Never assume
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 6/4/2021(UTC)
JustMe17  
#375 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 1:41:15 PM(UTC)
JustMe17

Everyone is talking about interviews in this thread. Is this for the Internal Revenue Agent Bank Secrecy Act Examiner position? I applied in March. Took the assessment soon after applying and just got a BQ GS12 email. I'm hopeful!
scottyd27  
#376 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 2:27:29 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: JustMe17 Go to Quoted Post
Everyone is talking about interviews in this thread. Is this for the Internal Revenue Agent Bank Secrecy Act Examiner position? I applied in March. Took the assessment soon after applying and just got a BQ GS12 email. I'm hopeful!

No. It’s for the RO new hire class

JustMe17 on 6/4/2021(UTC)
RodoHinote  
#377 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 3:40:17 PM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
😁 Just interviewed! Also, my status for the GS-9 changed from ineligible to qualifications under review. The interview went well, it lasted about a half hour or so, and it seemed quite positive, given the statements given prior to the interview’s close.

Edited by user Friday, June 4, 2021 3:52:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Never judge someone's character based on the words of another. Focus on the one casting judgment." - Suzy Kassel
federalgovtjobseeker  
#378 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 4:58:43 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Good luck to all of you interviewing or anyone in the process. When I interviewed when I was hired, it took 3 weeks after the interview. PODS can use interviews not conducted by them if you impress them enough with the ratings you were given during the interview. OJI solicitations have gone out as well so hiring is just around the corner. We definitely need all the help we can get!
thanks 2 users thanked federalgovtjobseeker for this useful post.
brian76 on 6/4/2021(UTC), RodoHinote on 6/4/2021(UTC)
FEDSG@CAL18  
#379 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 10:28:13 AM(UTC)
FEDSG@CAL18

United States

HELLO EVERYONE,

I have been following this topic for a while now since I am really interested in the RO position.
I'm throwing out some questions here and hoping to get some input.

Been in the IRS for 3+ yrs, working in the FA for the past almost 3 yrs (in Oct) as a GS-9 in SO CA. Desperately wanted to move to the Atlanta GA area for my mother who is living temp w/ my brother & his family in Atlanta. Long story short, started applying for RO position from an internal announcement in March, didn't take the ROSA, got interviewed for several locations and got hired as GS-7 in El Monte & Nashville, TN with a starting date on 06/21. Declined El Monte & accepted Nash. Got an email requesting for an address within a 150 mile radius of the POD. I can't provide any address since I still haven't looked for a place to stay in Nash, since my orig plan is to live in Atlanta, while everything is still remotely done, assuming including the training. Was told by manager no definite news if we will be expected to report in POD everyday. Anyways, I can always rent a room temp.

I have applied to other RO announcements, (3 more at least) within the area of my preference. I got a ROSA, ROSS & WAA invite, took it last week, and still waiting for result & next step.

I have sent several emails to different HRs' with different questions re: the following subjects:
1. Rate: current rate is $61k+( bec of the locality rate in Los Angeles) they matched my base rate for GS-9 position in the area of the offer (Nash) without the locality rate so the offer rate is $53k+
2. WI step increase & QSI (quality step increase). I am due for a WI step 2 increase in Oct. I got a 4.6 rating in my last annual & supposed to be eligible for QSI if I get nominated & approved, HR confirmed I will lose both eligibility if I start on the new job offer and wait for another 52 weeks.
3. Hardship transfer, POD transfer if I take an RO position & later request a transfer- will need to wait until a position opens, POD transfer, will still apply as internal if new position opens.

1. During the OJI training, are you expected to drive with your OJI or is the OJI driving?
2. How long before you are expected to go around and meet the taxpayer on your own?
3. Still debating if I will pass on this offer and wait until I get an offer for Atlanta, GA. I'm afraid though.

I hope this helps. Thank you everyone for all your posts, helps a lot and thank you for any input in my post.
scottyd27  
#380 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 10:59:30 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: FEDSG@CAL18 Go to Quoted Post
HELLO EVERYONE,

I have been following this topic for a while now since I am really interested in the RO position.
I'm throwing out some questions here and hoping to get some input.

Been in the IRS for 3+ yrs, working in the FA for the past almost 3 yrs (in Oct) as a GS-9 in SO CA. Desperately wanted to move to the Atlanta GA area for my mother who is living temp w/ my brother & his family in Atlanta. Long story short, started applying for RO position from an internal announcement in March, didn't take the ROSA, got interviewed for several locations and got hired as GS-7 in El Monte & Nashville, TN with a starting date on 06/21. Declined El Monte & accepted Nash. Got an email requesting for an address within a 150 mile radius of the POD. I can't provide any address since I still haven't looked for a place to stay in Nash, since my orig plan is to live in Atlanta, while everything is still remotely done, assuming including the training. Was told by manager no definite news if we will be expected to report in POD everyday. Anyways, I can always rent a room temp.

I have applied to other RO announcements, (3 more at least) within the area of my preference. I got a ROSA, ROSS & WAA invite, took it last week, and still waiting for result & next step.

I have sent several emails to different HRs' with different questions re: the following subjects:
1. Rate: current rate is $61k+( bec of the locality rate in Los Angeles) they matched my base rate for GS-9 position in the area of the offer (Nash) without the locality rate so the offer rate is $53k+
2. WI step increase & QSI (quality step increase). I am due for a WI step 2 increase in Oct. I got a 4.6 rating in my last annual & supposed to be eligible for QSI if I get nominated & approved, HR confirmed I will lose both eligibility if I start on the new job offer and wait for another 52 weeks.
3. Hardship transfer, POD transfer if I take an RO position & later request a transfer- will need to wait until a position opens, POD transfer, will still apply as internal if new position opens.

1. During the OJI training, are you expected to drive with your OJI or is the OJI driving?
2. How long before you are expected to go around and meet the taxpayer on your own?
3. Still debating if I will pass on this offer and wait until I get an offer for Atlanta, GA. I'm afraid though.

I hope this helps. Thank you everyone for all your posts, helps a lot and thank you for any input in my post.

I’ll answer the OJI stuff for you.

There will be a time period you won’t go to the field with your OJI manager or other experienced RO. At least of I’m OJI’ing the trainee is driving.

You’ll get released when they think you’re not a danger to the public with respect to TBOR.

FEDSG@CAL18 on 6/20/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed