Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

45 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
YourNeighborsYard  
#381 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 8:13:00 AM(UTC)
YourNeighborsYard

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
In response to the OJI questions—I think there is flexibility in a lot of that. My OJI always drove. She gets car sick and said it would be better for everybody if she drove. I had people that I went through unit training who did all the driving/OJI did none.

I feel like I made my first solo field call after maybe 3-4 months. There were people in my unit training who made solo field calls after a few weeks—mainly people who were internals and had been working collections (ACS) or TAS and had a decent understand of the collections process before they became ROs. I also knew people who made their first solo field call close to the end of their training year.

It really depends on how comfortable you are, how quickly you take to the job, how comfortable your OJI and manager are with you being on your own.

One final thought: my OJI picked a cherry picked a couple of cases for me that were well suited for being my first solo field calls. If you have concerns, share with with your OJI. Talk through the issues you are likely to face with your OJI. And don’t be afraid to tell the taxpayer, “I don’t know, I will get back to you”.
thanks 1 user thanked YourNeighborsYard for this useful post.
FEDSG@CAL18 on 6/20/2021(UTC)
scottyd27  
#382 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 11:29:44 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 210 post(s)
Just some info.

I just read the OJI Solicitation.

They will be hiring on this announcement through 12/21.

So if you haven’t interviewed yet, it’s possible the PODs have t interviewed yet.

The start dates will between June 21 and December 31
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
RodoHinote on 6/7/2021(UTC)
Ufb789  
#383 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 5:52:51 PM(UTC)
Ufb789

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If I took the assessment for the RO position within 3 days and got an email after I completed it, should my application status still say "scheduling for an assessment"?

Thanks!
RodoHinote  
#384 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 10:31:00 PM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ufb789 Go to Quoted Post
If I took the assessment for the RO position within 3 days and got an email after I completed it, should my application status still say "scheduling for an assessment"?

Thanks!

Mine said “scheduling for assessment” for 3 weeks before changing to referred; but I think it’s different with everyone. You may get a status change sooner or later than my timeframe.
"Never judge someone's character based on the words of another. Focus on the one casting judgment." - Suzy Kassel
scottyd27  
#385 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 2:08:27 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

The status on usajobs doesn’t mean anything. HCO updates it when they update it.
Ufb789 on 6/8/2021(UTC)
Spazilton  
#386 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 6:50:59 AM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Just got a very odd email in regards to this position. I know they had 18+ positions available for this locality. They are saying that management made NO selections whatsoever?

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition
Brookhaven Employment Operations

REVENUE OFFICER
21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09
1169 07

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for applying to this position with the IRS. Although we found you to be among the best qualified applicants for this announcement, we regret to inform you that management did not make any selections for this grade and location.

Even though you were not selected for this position, we encourage you to continue to review the USAJOBS Web site. USAJOBS is the official job site of the US Federal Government and your one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information. The Web site is located at: http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/.

If you have any questions, please email the address below. When responding to this correspondence, please include your name and the vacancy announcement number 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09, so we can promptly respond to your inquiry.

Sincerely,

federalgovtjobseeker  
#387 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 8:18:52 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Spazilton Go to Quoted Post
Just got a very odd email in regards to this position. I know they had 18+ positions available for this locality. They are saying that management made NO selections whatsoever?

Internal Revenue Service
Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition

REVENUE OFFICER
21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09
1169 07

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for applying to this position with the IRS. Although we found you to be among the best qualified applicants for this announcement, we regret to inform you that management did not make any selections for this grade and location.

Even though you were not selected for this position, we encourage you to continue to review the USAJOBS Web site. USAJOBS is the official job site of the US Federal Government and your one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information. The Web site is located at: http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/.

If you have any questions, please email the address below. When responding to this correspondence, please include your name and the vacancy announcement number 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09, so we can promptly respond to your inquiry.

Sincerely,

This happens at times. Just because vacancies are listed for a location does not mean a selection will be made there. Sometimes, management goes in a different direction due to unforeseen circumstances only they know about. Sorry to read about that but if you applied to other PODS you can still be considered for the others!
Riverside  
#388 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 12:49:05 PM(UTC)
Riverside

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Internal Revenue Service
Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition

REVENUE OFFICER
21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09
1169 07

Dear XXXXXX

Sincerely,

Strange indeed considering they were advertising for 18 openings! Did you ever interview or only get a referred/BQ email?
Foggy  
#389 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 12:51:52 PM(UTC)
Foggy

United States

That only means that no selections were made at the GS-7 level. Selections could of come from the other certificates.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 8, 2021 1:11:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Spazilton  
#390 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 1:39:26 PM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post

Internal Revenue Service
Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition

REVENUE OFFICER
21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09
1169 07

Dear XXXXXX

Sincerely,

Strange indeed considering they were advertising for 18 openings! Did you ever interview or only get a referred/BQ email?

Nothing other than BQ/Referral. Not that worried about it, did get an interview with DOL last Thursday that seemed to go pretty well, they said they had about 4-5 more days of interviews to finish up before they start making selections.
Riverside  
#391 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 3:07:07 PM(UTC)
Riverside

Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post

Internal Revenue Service
Human Capital Office
Talent Acquisition

REVENUE OFFICER
21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09
1169 07

Dear XXXXXX

Sincerely,

Nothing other than BQ/Referral. Not that worried about it, did get an interview with DOL last Thursday that seemed to go pretty well, they said they had about 4-5 more days of interviews to finish up before they start making selections.

Well best of luck with the DOL job, maybe you'll hear some good news very soon on that one! And I would not count out the RO position just yet...it's still early and a lot of things are happening and changing with the hiring process it seems.
federalgovtjobseeker  
#392 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 7:05:33 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Originally Posted by: Foggy Go to Quoted Post
That only means that no selections were made at the GS-7 level. Selections could of come from the other certificates.

This poster is correct. It’s only for that GS level for that location meaning a GS-9 could still be hired there if they decide to make selections at that grade level on another certificate. It’s important to note that just because you applied for a certain grade level GS-9 does not mean they need to hire you at a GS-9. When I applied, I was offered GS-9 and GS-7 openings for different locations because the hiring managers of different PODS were offering that specific GS level. It’s also possible that they might offer a GS-7 later in the process on another certificate from this hiring because this is only specific to the one you are on right now. Good luck again!
scottyd27  
#393 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 7:46:33 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Keep an eye out for FY22 hiring.

Email solicitation for OJIs already went out.

AJL positions are hitting Monday. After that’s over HCO will be hiring new hires again
TheCapUniverse  
#394 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 10:13:34 AM(UTC)
TheCapUniverse

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

AJL positions are hitting Monday. After that’s over HCO will be hiring new hires again

What are AJL positions?

scottyd27  
#395 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 10:31:47 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: TheCapUniverse Go to Quoted Post

What are AJL positions?

Sorry AJL= Above Journey Level
TheCapUniverse on 6/9/2021(UTC)
brian76  
#396 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 6:29:54 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Questions for the current ROs...

How many cases are in your inventory right now? is there a dollar amount threshold for balances per grade level? Just curious.

For me right now, I’m supposed to have a minimum of 150 accounts for my current position.
federalgovtjobseeker  
#397 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 7:42:43 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Originally Posted by: brian76 Go to Quoted Post
Questions for the current ROs...

How many cases are in your inventory right now? is there a dollar amount threshold for balances per grade level? Just curious.

For me right now, I’m supposed to have a minimum of 150 accounts for my current position.

You will have less cases during your training year than normal inventory levels until you get fully trained. Each manager is different so they will give you inventory based on what they believe you should have during the training year following the targeted inventory standard in the IRM. The following is the standard inventory range:

GS 05/07 49-59 cases
GS 09 59-69 cases
GS 11 53-79 cases
GS 12/13 34-50 cases

The standard inventory range can be found in IRM 1.4.50.10.2 which is available to the public.
thanks 1 user thanked federalgovtjobseeker for this useful post.
brian76 on 6/10/2021(UTC)
Spazilton  
#398 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 8:35:12 AM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

Will we have to take the ROSA again for these new positions?
scottyd27  
#399 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 8:40:46 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

I’m a GS-11 with 5 years of service.

I had 68 cases this morning. Closed 4. So I’ll get four more this weekend
brian76 on 6/10/2021(UTC)
mschilli1977  
#400 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 9:22:05 AM(UTC)
mschilli1977

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Tell the truth! You get 2 cases for every one you close 🤣
Rss Feed  Atom Feed