Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

60 Pages«<2930313233>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Papoose79  
#601 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 6:26:50 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OEFVET Go to Quoted Post
Can someone give a brief description of what training would look like? I inquired about pushing my EOD date back, and was given an option and I am just curious how would that work if everyone is starting 2 weeks - 1 month before me?

Well it depends on the reason you're requesting a later EOD. If you are requesting it because you need to move to your POD area talk with your manager to see if you can get an approval to temporary work at your current location. I know this can be done for those at least 200 miles from the POD with manager approval.

If you're asking for it because you have vacation or need to give your current employer more time then postpone your EOD accordingly. Either way speak with your manager to see what they suggest.
Papoose79  
#602 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 6:28:53 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: RK Go to Quoted Post
How do we get in touch with HR personnel a lot of people are talking about for other locations?
I do not remember getting in touch with one specific person other than the one from who interviewed me.

I would suggest asking the HR person you have contact with now. They may or may not know but they might be able to find out. Be patient with them because many of them are new as well.
OEFVET  
#603 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 2:54:43 PM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post
Can someone give a brief description of what training would look like? I inquired about pushing my EOD date back, and was given an option and I am just curious how would that work if everyone is starting 2 weeks - 1 month before me?

Well it depends on the reason you're requesting a later EOD. If you are requesting it because you need to move to your POD area talk with your manager to see if you can get an approval to temporary work at your current location. I know this can be done for those at least 200 miles from the POD with manager approval.

If you're asking for it because you have vacation or need to give your current employer more time then postpone your EOD accordingly. Either way speak with your manager to see what they suggest.

At my current job a colleague will be returning from maternity leave the week before I leave and I wanted to give her time to get back into the swing of things. I've explained this and they have given me alternate start dates which is why I was curious about training, I guess I assumed training would be simultaneous with other new hires and other pods but apparently not.
Papoose79  
#604 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 3:09:29 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

At my current job a colleague will be returning from maternity leave the week before I leave and I wanted to give her time to get back into the swing of things. I've explained this and they have given me alternate start dates which is why I was curious about training, I guess I assumed training would be simultaneous with other new hires and other pods but apparently not.

That makes sense. Well go for the later EOD if it works. Training for me has been ok thus far but I am an internal so what's being covered has been a review. We've been going over the basics of the systems many of us have been using for years, so missing any of that isn't that big of a deal; however learning them as a new hire almost made me quit! 😆I hear the real hard-core training starts this coming Monday so I can't call that just yet!
thanks 1 user thanked Papoose79 for this useful post.
OEFVET on 7/17/2021(UTC)
scottyd27  
#605 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 4:40:57 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 226 post(s)
This is a very large hiring.

There are many EOD dates and training classes.
teeeeej  
#606 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 5:27:30 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
This is a very large hiring.

There are many EOD dates and training classes.

It's the same for RA's. And from everything we're hearing, IRS is going to get more funding and do a lot more hiring.
scottyd27  
#607 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 5:29:41 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

On the RO side they are already solicitation for OJIs for next fiscal years hiring.

I’m not a fan of this administration. But I am in favor of better tax enforcement.

So at least on that I’m being the admin.

Edited by user Saturday, July 17, 2021 5:30:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
meinhoonna on 7/19/2021(UTC)
OEFVET  
#608 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 6:45:22 PM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

That makes sense. Well go for the later EOD if it works. Training for me has been ok thus far but I am an internal so what's being covered has been a review. We've been going over the basics of the systems many of us have been using for years, so missing any of that isn't that big of a deal; however learning them as a new hire almost made me quit! 😆I hear the real hard-core training starts this coming Monday so I can't call that just yet!

Thanks! How long has it been since you’ve started?

And I’ve chosen a date (well sent the email). It will give me at least two weeks between jobs to get mentally prepared to get started for this training!

Papoose79  
#609 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 7:19:13 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

And I’ve chosen a date (well sent the email). It will give me at least two weeks between jobs to get mentally prepared to get started for this training!

Started training 6/21. And I think the 2 wk break may do you good!
scottyd27  
#610 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2021 3:13:46 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Brother,

You’re a combat vet. RO training is a day at the beach compared to pre-deployment readiness.
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
OEFVET on 7/18/2021(UTC)
OEFVET  
#611 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2021 3:40:24 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

Brother,

You’re a combat vet. RO training is a day at the beach compared to pre-deployment readiness.

Hey I hear ya!

Roxy1  
#612 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2021 5:02:24 AM(UTC)
Roxy1

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Did you take time in between when you switched positions internally? Or did you just jump right into new position?

teeeeej  
#613 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2021 5:14:33 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Roxy1 Go to Quoted Post

Did you take time in between when you switched positions internally? Or did you just jump right into new position?

I took 2 weeks when I changed the first time, no time off when I changed the second time.
Papoose79  
#614 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2021 7:46:48 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

I took a week because I was going to have use or lose if I didn't.
Benipal  
#615 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 7:34:46 AM(UTC)
Benipal

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
How long did it take everyone to receive their fingerprinting email?
OEFVET  
#616 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 7:42:43 AM(UTC)
OEFVET

United States

Originally Posted by: Benipal Go to Quoted Post

Got my email about 2 days after T.O.
thanks 1 user thanked OEFVET for this useful post.
Benipal on 7/19/2021(UTC)
sbalto  
#617 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 8:10:32 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Benipal Go to Quoted Post

Got TO on a Wednesday. That following Monday was a holiday and received email for fingerprinting that Tues
thanks 1 user thanked sbalto for this useful post.
Benipal on 7/19/2021(UTC)
Foggy  
#618 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 10:24:21 AM(UTC)
Foggy

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I received an email that an investigation wasn’t required because I already have one due to current clearance. So if you’re currently cleared you may not receive an EQIP registration email for that reason.
Roxy1  
#619 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 11:22:09 PM(UTC)
Roxy1

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anyone start date 8/16?
sbalto  
#620 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 11:31:46 PM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Anyone start date 8/16?

Yes my start date is 8/16
Rss Feed  Atom Feed